Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Single men! Do you…
  • DezB
    Free Member

..own any cushions??

Not one cushion in my house and all the better for it! 🙂

jambourgie
    Free Member

Impressive.

I do, but they came with the flat.

tomhoward

Nope.

But then there arent any women either…

Jamie
    Free Member

Mr Starship had a point.

DezB
    Free Member

Jefferson?

joshvegas
    Free Member

How about candles?

Muke
    Free Member

Is this anything to do with the new lady friend 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

How about candles lube?

nickc

and what, pray, will you hide behind when the Daleks appear?

You really haven’t thought this through, have you?

P20

[video]http://youtu.be/Lp0-8Ibkczc[/video]

Swelper
    Free Member

CountZero

nickc – Member

Good point, although my brother would hide in the kitchen and peer through the crack in the door… 😆

CountZero

And yes, I do have cushions, I need something to put behind my head when I’m lying on the sofa watching telly or listening to music, and to put behind my back when I’m sat reading.
    Can’t imagine not having them around, it would be very uncomfortable not having the support.

thegreatape
    Free Member

nickc – Member

Particularly pertinent in these days of mandatory disabled access. I blame the Europeans.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have cousins, sorry cushions, spread all over the place. I have flowers, and pictures on the wall too..

It looks like a home.

maxtorque

3 seat sofa with 3 cushions. Job done

yunki
    Free Member

I have two 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

of course i do but they do not match each other nor the sofa – someone told me the last bit obviously

zippykona

Ok,without looking describe your bedroom curtains.
    I make a point of remembering but honestly have no idea.

jekkyl

a pillow is a form of cushion shirley.

joshvegas
    Free Member

A cushion per seat space is acceptable for individuals comfort.

Flowers are fine in my book.

But candles are horrific.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Yes again for candles. I may be single, but I’m not celibate. It pays to have a nice, comfy place 😉 That being said, I’ve no idea where the candles came from.

Some of my other single mates however… massive TV/Games Console/Sofa/Bog Roll 😀

Edit: I bought the massive bag of tea-lights in order to melt and soak my bike chain in. Hope that redeems my reputation somewhat.

jekkyl

ahh that takes me back. I remember when I was single. Set up everything in the living room so I only had to heat one room. 2 large monitors for PC gaming on a large desk, with a mirror right next to me so I could watch TV without turning round. Stereo & massive speakers on the other side. Kitchen was a state, had to clear a space to make a sandwich. My wife likes to tell the tale of my house when she met me and how she cultured me.

razorrazoo

If anyone needs any cushions let me know, I swear we have about 20 in the loft in addition to the load we have in the house. It’s as though mrs razoo goes onto the cushion equivalent of merlin or crc and orders the damn things without me knowing, I bet they’re worth far more than she tells me. In fact I think she applies the c+1 theory.

badnewz
    Free Member

If a sofa needs cushions, it’s a bad sofa.

MartynS

I belive there is a difference between having a couple of cushions and USF’s ( unnessacery soft furnishings)
    It’s an important distinction.

joshvegas
    Free Member

When you have to chuck them all onto the floor to get into bed… danger sign right there.

Harry_the_Spider

DezB
    Free Member

Is this anything to do with the new lady friend

So many cushions!! 😆

Exactly.

And no, pillows aren’t cushions. Pillows have a PURPOSE!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Correct but that came from freecycle.

benji
    Free Member

No cushions, no candles, no lady friend, but plenty of bikes 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

DezB – I deliberately moved all of the cushions onto one chair when MrsWCA went into hospital on Monday. I also removed all but one pillow from the bed.

I now sit and sleep comfortably

Mind you, as per my thread, I would rather put up with the cushions and have her here

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, maybe cushions can be cuddled in times of need…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

[/i]

Yeah but the don’t nag and talk over anything interesting

dooge
    Free Member

I bought a second hand black fabric corner sofa and it came with tacky cold fake leather cushions as part of the standard back cushions. I replaced them with bright green ones but never added to the amount of cushions…

I have a few tiny mango scented candles and my flat is pretty tidy. In fact, my flat is far more sensible and comfortable than the girlfriends place…

Gribs

I’ve no cushions but I do have candles. A young lady friend even commented how nice they looked. Top tip, light them for 5 minutes so it looks like you actually use them.

samuri
    Free Member

here’s a message from the other side chaps.

I’m married. I own tons of cushions. They’re awful. Every time I sit down on something, there’s a cushion there making it uncomfortable. Want a picture of where I am right now? Hang on….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nPQB6m]cushion city[/url] by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

This is your life once you’re hitched. Forget everything else, sitting down at an angle, soft things on the floor, stuff under your arm. DO NOT GET MARRIED FOR THESE REASONS ALONE!!!!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, ok. I have candles. But again, they serve a purpose. In my case they burn, they dilute the smell of MAN.

Samuri, I feel your pain. But, thankfully, no longer have to suffer it. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve been asked why I’m taking pictures of the cushions. Obviously this means I’m now in trouble.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you were just saying how nice they were and helping out poor lonely men who had no one to guide them in their choices of soft furnishes

If it fails you should get a comfy nights sleep downstairs with all that and you can fall asleep to candlelight 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Single men! Do you…’ is closed to new replies.