Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Single men! Do you…
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I bought some stuff from TK maxx Inc 3cushions (2 matching ), a chopping board , an ironing board and a laundry basket. Came to £70, more than I thought but it was decent quality ironing board, got home and thought hang on… one of the cushions cost £28! Dozy barsteward. Thing is it has feathers in it and the stick out so it’s quite jaggy and I’m quite sensitive…

Edit; I also have a candle to get rid of the smell of cooking and its after effects. Cottoned on to candles in my early flat sharing days as they get rid of other smells too…

samuri
    Free Member

it’s alright, now she’s angry about why and I quote, ‘why do you take that macbook upstairs to bed with you?’

So to let me be clear, I don’t take my macbook to bed with me. I take it to the study where I plug it into the power cable. Having pointed this out I’m a very, very nasty man. What a bastard I am. Yep. Oh, she’s gone now. Obviously it’s all my fault.

fin25
    Free Member

I hate cushions, my wife used to buy loads of them, until the dogs decided they really liked them.
    Now we have no cushions…

😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    somafunk

I don’t own any any cushions, i do have a couple of old pillows that i use as cushions but i only have one big square habitat style chair and a mies van der rohe barcelona 2 seat sofa that is covered by MK2 golf bumpers and assorted interior parts, i also have a MK2 Golf 16v cylinder head on a table in the corner of the room that i need to lap the valves into, needless to say i live on my own and thats the way it is going to stay.

Oh!…and no carpets as what’s the point? – they’d just get muddy with bringing my bikes in and out and i’d just end up wi oil all over them so bare floorboards is the way to go.

kayak23

I own a cushion, but it has a print of a saucy vintage pin-up girl on it, so it cancels out…

Houns

Cushions with sequins on. Being forced to sit on them should be a torture method

DrJ

Cushions and candles.

<checks underpants …>

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We have differing cushions for each season. Well. I say that, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of them re-emerge after going into storage/the bin.

RustySpanner

Did you check her music collection first Dez? 😀

Pass muster?

DezB
    Free Member

Cushions and candles.
    That looks like the least homely, most uncomfortable room ever!

Did you check her music collection first Dez?

It’s how the attraction started 🙂 It’d never work otherwise. But oh, those cushions!

Houns

Can anyone beat this?

One of the sofas in my parents orangery. Yes the labels are still left on some of them. I do think my Mother is colourblind

This was taken a couple of months ago, more may have appeared I’ll have to check next time

hooli

My Mrs has so many cushions that I takes me about 5 minutes to get into bed and then she moans when I throw them on the floor 😆

As for candles, don’t get me started. Whenever I walk past 1 I throw it in the bin but somehow a new one appears within 24 hours.

BillMC

No candles or cushions and married but I do have African masks and miners’ lamps and (currently) an ML7 in the sitting room.

zippykona

Mrs Zip has Christmas cushion covers that have to go on at the beginning of December.

rossatease
    Free Member

As a single man? No never.

As a married man, they are everywhere including on the bed which are then removed even if I happen to be laying on them watching the TV, before she goes to bed.

There is however an answer.

Buy a doberman type dog, dobermans love or hate cushions I haven’t quite decided which, but they do destroy them constantly. There is however a slight downside, they also destroy or attempt to destroy trainers, bike gloves, bike saddles, bike helmets, back packs, sheep, and the occasional passing school kid, so they need handling appropriately.

DezB
    Free Member

Mrs Zip has Christmas cushion covers that have to go on at the beginning of December.

Wow. Have you asked why? what they are for?

Yak

When single – zero
    Married – seems likes there’s loads. Not complaining though. Our sofa’s so battered that it would be uncomfy without them.

So no USFs, none doing naff-all on beds or on chairs that no-one sits on.

No candles either. Tbh – it fairly scruffy here. Tools and workstand in the kitchen. Pretty interiors are for when you sell the house. Life’s too short the rest of the time.

ransos
    Free Member

I have a wife and two daughters. No cushions.

When the sofa became uncomfortable, I had an upholsterer re-stuff it.

frogstomp

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Single men! Do you…’ is closed to new replies.