Home Forums Chat Forum Simple things that passed you by for years.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)
  • Simple things that passed you by for years.
  • dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

dirtycrewdon – see what happens when a girl tries to be cleversexually accomodating, it backfires

Bunnyhop

do you mean accommodating ? :wink:

shermer75
    Free Member

I only clocked a couple of weeks ago the ‘5’ AND the ’10’ in the five ten logo

molgrips
    Free Member

I just noticed that the iPlayer logo has an i in the play symbol.

thepurist

I only clocked a couple of weeks ago the ‘5’ AND the ’10’ in the five ten logo

Oh yeah… Obvious now, but never thought to look beyond the 5. Some graphic designer must be weeping into his skinny moccachino at our display of ignorance.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Pah, it says “5” and “1.0”.

Nice try.

miketually
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    For many years I thought that the Toysrus dinosaur that the popular toy shop was named after looked awfully like a giraffe.

Pretty sure it is a giraffe. There’s a giraffe on their website[/url] anyway.

miketually
    Free Member

I just noticed that the iPlayer logo has an i in the play symbol.

Have you noticed that the volume goes to 11?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

^ Personal fave. And the buttseks logo.

I should not move into logo design!

molgrips
    Free Member

Loads of things have the volume going up to 11. Some things go up to TWELVE too!

miketually
    Free Member

Loads of things have the volume going up to 11. Some things go up to TWELVE too!

Twelve? That’s one louder than eleven. Wow!

ourmaninthenorth

It always amuses me when British people complain about Americans using ‘bathroom’ for the place you go to wee, and say ‘IT’S A TOILET YOU SILLY PEOPLE’.

I’m also amused, but mainly because “toilet” belongs with “pardon”.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

do you mean accommodating ?

Bugger, this isn’t going well. :oops:

*puts down the computer*

Cletus

Anyone remember QXL?

I did a days work for them in 1999 (I think).

When they explained that they were running auctions on the Internet I remember thinking “What a daft idea – that will never take off!”

meehaja
    Free Member

in my mid twenties stuck in traffic behind a VW when I suddenly realised that their logo is a V and a W, not 2 crossed hockey sticks. Obvious now, butI’d never looked at it like that (realised whilst driving a golf!). Mind you, as a child I thought Boots and Ford had the same logo!

Houns

When the batman movie came out late 80’s /early 90’s?? The bat logo was everywhere, I kept wondering why the logo was a mouth and wonky teeth

thegreatape
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    thegreatape – Member
    For many years I thought that the Toysrus dinosaur that the popular toy shop was named after looked awfully like a giraffe.
    Pretty sure it is a giraffe. There’s a giraffe on their website anyway.

It’s definitely a giraffe, called Geoffrey as I recall. It was pointed out to me at university.

kevj
    Free Member

When the batman movie came out late 80’s /early 90’s?? The bat logo was everywhere, I kept wondering why the logo was a mouth and wonky teeth

I had to squint and could only see a pair of mittens about to fondle some boobs.

Houns

:P

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Except the answer is no. Assuming ‘no one is around to hear’ means no living beings, so no fluffy bunnies or owt, either.

The falling tree creates vibrations in the air, which causes our inner-ear gubbins to vibrate, which in turn, the human / animal brain interprets as ‘sound’.

No one around, no ear, no brain = no sound.

What if it was recorded and then played back to someone?

aracer
    Free Member

It would be a sound when it is played back. The “recording” could have been generated by all sorts of things, many of them not involving sound.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

The tree falling converts some of the kinetic energy into sound waves (as we call them)..they have the same properties whether somebody is there to physically hear them or not or indeed a machine to record them. So yes, a tree falling does make a sound..fact :D

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not really a philosophical question, merely one of semantics. Unless the point is to show how people tie themselves up in knots trying to answer a question that disappears when you look at it from the right angle.

scuzz
    Free Member

It’s not really a philosophical question, merely one of semantics. Unless the point is to show how people tie themselves up in knots trying to answer a question that disappears when you look at it from the right angle.

Only for it to reappear in the thread two pages later ;)

clubber
    Free Member

A bit like the batman logo… When I was about 5 I learnt to draw the superman logo by drawing all the yellow shapes but it wasn’t until I was 8 that I realised it was an S.

scuzz
    Free Member

Ohh! That reminds me!
    I always wondered (usually while astride the porcelain throne) why the Mr Muscle logo was a picture of South America

Lazgoat
    Free Member

My sister was convinced that Toyota Rav4 was actually pronounced Rava.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In France the MR2 is pronounced….

…I’ll get my coat.

shermer75
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    In France the MR2 is pronounced….
    …I’ll get my coat.

Not sure if I get that one! I keep pronouncing ‘MR2’ in my head with a French accent, but I don’t seem to be getting anywhere…

ocrider

They left out the 2 when it was released in France for good reasons.

You’ll be kicking yourself, Shermer :lol:

shermer75
    Free Member

Merde?

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I’m not getting anywhere with this either.

yoshimi

A bit like the batman logo… When I was about 5 I learnt to draw the superman logo by drawing all the yellow shapes but it wasn’t until I was 8 that I realised it was an S.

THIS^^^ but maybe I was older than 8 when I realized.

Even now at 37 years old when I look at it I have to force myself to see the ‘S’ rather than a strange abstract red and yellow logo in a magic eye kinda way

nbt

MR2 in french is emmerdeux which is “shitty”

Nova (as in the vauxhall car) is “no va” in spanish which mensd “doesn’t go”

Pajero (as in the mitsubishi 4*4) is spanish for **** (it’s pronounce pa-Hair-oh if you want to get it right next time you’re out there)

**** = onanist, practitioner of the five knuckle shuffle, good friend to Mrs Rosie Palm and Her five lively daughters etc etc

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It would read “Merde” – if you believe the stories :)

EDIT: ^ A better answer

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That geographer teachers do occassionally eat Shredded Wheat…..

tomhoward

If a tree falls in a forest, and no-one is around to hear it, do all the other trees laugh at it?

Beagleboy

Until I was well into my twenties, whenever I read a book or news story that mentioned an ‘estranged’ spouse, I thought they were talking about mental cases. I honestly thought they were talking about folk who’d gone mad during the divorce and been put in the looney bin. :oops:

neilthewheel

For years I thought there were two car parks at Durham railway station. One had an entrance at the back of the station and the other was accessed from Milburngate, near the entrance to the DLI museum.
    They are two entrances to the same car park….

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I was in my late 20s before I realised that the word “misled” wasn’t pronounced my-zuld.
    Last year at the age of 33 I realised the word “segue” is pronounced seg-way.
    Blew. My. Mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘Simple things that passed you by for years.’ is closed to new replies.