Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 218 total)
  • Simple things that passed you by for years.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Getting into a car and being able to tell which side the fuel filler is on by looking at the instruments.

argoose
    Free Member

But its written as a double “v” . That’s why I’ve always written it as a double “u” , and it looks like a pair of breasts, hehe

peterfile
    Free Member

peterfile’s username.

Now I hate him.

Personal attack. Reported.

Over the years I’ve heard “If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound” many times and not given it much thought. However I found myself thinking about it recently, and now I can’t bloody stop!!!!!

argoose
    Free Member

Peterfile same conundrum as if I fall off my bike and no one to see, did I fall?

peterfile
    Free Member

Hmmmm, given that 29ers make the trail feel alive, it’s arguable that the feeling is nothing more than a perceived state of reality and in actual fact not only have you not fallen, but you haven’t even left your house. I’d even question the existence of your house.

29″. Only your imagination will limit you*

*Specialized – email in profile if you want to use this for a campaign.

shermer75
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Getting into a car and being able to tell which side the fuel filler is on by looking at the instruments.

How? How how how???

5thElefant
    Free Member

It wasn’t until university that I found out Ireland was independent (that was a funny conversation with an Irish girl). So much for my Geography A-level.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Little arrow on the fuel icon or the side the fuel icon is on

Stiggy

Ooh, didn’t know that one!

Nobby

The man behind Trebor was called Robert.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not quite Mike, also what side of the fuel icon the hose is on if there isnt an arrow.

gonefishin
    Free Member

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound

Yes.

nbt
    _tom_
    Free Member

Girls. For years I had the “pussy on a pedestal” complex as mentioned in 40 Year Old Virgin. I look back at all the missed opportunities and it makes me a bit sad. It’s only really this year I’ve started to make sense of it all and realise they’re just people 😆

bowie278
    Free Member

Graham… my shoelaces are now balanced.

prawny

argoose – Member
    But its written as a double “v”

It’s called a double v in french though. Stupid foreigners.

66deg
    Free Member

“Cotic” took me far longer than it ought.

OK i give in what does it mean?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Well, clearly the man behind the company was called Citoc, d’uh.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Following the theme, Esso = SO (Standard Oil)

GrahamS

Except it isn’t, sorry.

It is on Fords – they have a little arrow on the symbol for the petrol gauge (i.e. not just which side the pump handle is on as suggested on hoax slayer).

In fact hoax slayer say as much at the end of their article : “many modern cars do have an indicator incorporated into the fuel gauge.. generally a small arrow”

Graham… my shoelaces are now balanced.

😀 Your life is now complete.

timb34
    Free Member

Decathlon’s bike brand : B’Twin

because bikes go between your legs (say “B’Twin” in a French accent and it kind of works)

TheWrongTrousers

I had an accidental epiphany moment when I learned you can zoom <In any windows page> by holding down control and scrolling with the mouse.

Bugger me !

AlexSimon

ok – so until this thread I didn’t know
    Jonelle
    Kaffenback (quite like this one now I know)
    Emmelle (although just the name sends shudders due to bike build memories from being an lbs mechanic)
    Esso

Like Graham S, I also only recently realised that a shoelace bow was meant to be a quick release reef knot, but I was tying a quick release granny knot. But I haven’t been able to adjust my habit on that one.

I did work out Q8 though!

TheWrongTrousers

It’s called a double v in french though. Stupid foreigners

And them Germans pronounce it ‘dooble vay’ too …

miketually
    Free Member

Kaffenback

Ah, but do you know why the Uncle John got its name?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Watching Blue Peter as a kid…. I never once built a “Tracy Island” or whatever their little projects were, because I never knew what… sticky backed plastic was 😯

Why? Oh why, did they just not say SELLOTAPE….. branding/advertising be damned… I feel robbed 👿

GrahamS

AlexSimon: it took me a while to adjust, but I found switching from The Round-The-Tree method to the Bunny Ears method helped a lot.

maccruiskeen

I did work out Q8 though!

Following the invasion that precipitated the first Iraq war the filling station near me coincidentally changed hands so the the sign on it read ‘Q8 – Under new management’ 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Esso?! Wow – I always thought it was Saudi Oil O.o

You learn somfink ev’ry day [though having just started my 3rd year I’d better learn at a faster rate than that, and so saying I’d better get off this forum and procrastinate build my desk].

franksinatra

Only recently realised Breakfast was Breaking your Fast 😳

Learning what the format painter tool is for on MS Word etc has sadly improved my working life as well

maccruiskeen

I never knew sticky backed plastic was

Why? Oh why, did they just not say SELLOTAPE.

Sellotape would have been referred to as sticky tape – the sticky back plastic is sheets of coloured or patterned plastic usually branded as “Fablon”

chakaping
    Free Member

The man behind Trebor was called Robert.

My mind is blown.

andeh

That Washington isn’t actually in Washington state, the DC should have given it away really 😳

pictonroad

Cotic?

I given in.

jfletch
    Free Member

Cotic?

I given in.

Well the bloke who set up the brand is called Cy and the name of his bike brand implies that he is a bit mad.

chambord
    Free Member

The middle mouse button

willard

Good coffee (compared to instant of any sort) and tea, from proper tea leaves, made in a pot, served in a proper cup (with a saucer).

I think a lot of it is just learning to take the time out to make tea or coffee a bit of quiet, special time. Life’s normally a bit fast-paced.

cranberry
    Free Member

Cotic?

I given in.

Well the bloke who set up the brand is called Cy and the name of his bike brand implies that he is a bit mad.

The name is pronounced “COT ic” rather than “Co Tic”

Cy Cotic = psychotic

MrSmith
    Free Member

singletrack magazine.

theres a magazine? 😯

kimbers

that the lyrics to Ian browns F.E.A.R, spell out fear

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘Simple things that passed you by for years.’ is closed to new replies.