Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Show me your longish forked 29er Hardtails…
  • dave32
    Free Member

that canfield epo….think that’s almost worth getting divorced for.. 😯

thepodge
    Free Member

That epo looks like it melted in the sun

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not mad on the looks either, but I’d have one if they insisted.

thepodge
    Free Member

I prefer the Nimble 9 but that is still a bit curved.

Hicksy seems to have been trying to post this…

Mbnut
    Free Member

I have spent an age looking at the Quaterhorse but I keep coming back to the fact that the seat tube angle is a bit too relaxed at 70 degrees with a 140mm fork. How do you guys find it…

The ROS9 seems to be about perfect for me though….. either way, pushing the button on a grands worth of HT frame is a big call.

accu
    Free Member

was also hesitating with the QH because of the seatangle..
    but never had any problems with it…
    had an SJ and than QH, and now the QH Ti (same geo) and its brilliant !!,
    for my opinion this ride report with the prototype explains it at the best..
    http://twentynineinches.com/2011/10/02/ride-report-2souls-cycles-quarterhorse-29er/

Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks thepodge, you’re a gent!

I sort of thought the Honzo by mistake – I’d bought a Simple frame, but it and it’s replacement both had quality/tolerance issues and I got a refund (same as I really fancied one, but looks like I was unlucky).

The only frames I could find which would fit all the bits I’d bought, and where SSable, were the Honzo and the Quaterhorse, both of which where a bit more gnar than the Simple. I went for the Honzo as it was a fair bit cheaper and I could buy it locally. To start with I wasn’t sure it was the bike for me, but after working out how to ride it properly I really love it. I like it so much that I replaced my suspension bike with a Process 111 for the Alps and days when I want gears and suspension. If I can fit both bikes in my tiny car, then I intend to take the Honzo to the Alps too and do a couple of uplift days on it!

BillOddie

Seeing as I kicked off this thread I should probably share my new build!

Chromag Rootdown
    Pike RCT3 140mm Forks
    Reverb
    Hope hoops w/ Flows
    Hope Headset
    XT/SLX/Zee GO bits
    Absolute Black Oval Chainring
    SLX Stoppers
    Chromag finishing kit, (including a lovely Ranger Stem)
    Big chunky Ardent/Chunky Monkey tyres (have a Minion DHF on it’s way to me)

After 1 ride I’m smitten, it’s bloody brilliant!

thepodge
    Free Member

Very nice.
    Should start building mine up this week though I cant find a set of long forks at a good price so it’ll have to have 120s on it for a while

BillOddie

Depends what you need by good price. Pikes are around the £500 mark at the mo which isn’t too bad.

faustus

Here’s my latest build. Parkwood vastly improved with matt paint and no decals anywhere! 120 manitou tower pro, ebay bargain xtr brakes, 32t 1×10. Pretty happy with the ride and the geometry works for me. Large frame, build came in under 27lbs which i’m pleased with.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wfKS2e]Parkwood 1st build Snelsmore[/url] by Matthew Walker, on Flickr

(crappy phone pic)

funkrodent

thepodge – Member
    Very nice.
    Should start building mine up this week though I cant find a set of long forks at a good price so it’ll have to have 120s on it for a while

The guy I bought the 2Souls QH off is selling a practically brand new pair of Pikes on here. I’ll find the link. He was great to deal with re the frame that I bought, kind of individual who really looks after his stuff if you know what I mean.

I would have bought them myself but had already got a set of 140mm Marzocchis.

The QH will be built up next week. As I’m 17 stone I’m not too worried about weight. Will be 1×10 with Zee chainset, xt shadow rear mech, zee brakes (17 stone takes a bit of stopping) and Flow Ex on Hopes. Also Hope h/set, Raceface 6c carbon bars, Thomson stem and a dropper post (probably reverb). I’ll post pics once it’s all sorted!

funkrodent
    thepodge
    Free Member

HOW MUCH!!!!

Good luck to him, they are only 25 quid more for a brand new set on CRC & I could get some RS Sektor Gold for almost £200 less than he’s asking. Maybe they wouldn’t be as good but then I probably wouldn’t notice.

That Parkwood looks good in battleship grey

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Show me your longish forked 29er Hardtails…’ is closed to new replies.