Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Show me your longish forked 29er Hardtails…
  • NormalMan

Scienceofficer – Member
    I am liking this thread!

So am I! Despite my humble 100mm forks!

@tomtomr – that Trans AM looks lovely.

coomber
    Free Member

jimfrandisco – Member

Ragley Bigwig? Not sure you can get them new anymore but a second hand frame would be peanuts.
    http://ragleybikes.com/products/bigwig-frame/

Does give away 1lb/500g to the sherpa and solaris though but not found the weight a problem.

Think Chain reaction must have had the last, and they sold out around Christmas. I have tried everywhere for one without luck. New or second hand.

thepodge
    Free Member

You’ve not been looking hard enough, I just got a second-hand one this lunch.

There’s a full build on pinkbike too.

Now I just need some 120 or more forks

funkrodent

Not got a picture to hand but my 2 Souls Quarterhorse has been far more capable than the Nicolai Helius it replaced, done Lakes, Wales, Quantocks and this summer taking it to Morzine because its just that good to ride.
    Search on here about them, they’re really jolly good

Anyway, it’s another 2Souls Quarterhorse with MRP Stage forks and by the time i’d faffed the others had posted theirs.

Absolutely brilliant and now with dropper. Had a Canfield Yelli before and this is just better. Brilliantly finished frame, rides superbly, can’t fault it really. If you happen to be XL then there is one in the classifieds at the moment.

Absolutely loving this thread. Not least because being an XL myself I’ve just pushed the button on the XL in the classifieds. Proper excited! 😀

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Excellent choice!

coomber
    Free Member

thepodge – Member

You’ve not been looking hard enough, I just got a second-hand one this lunch.

There’s a full build on pinkbike too.

Now I just need some 120 or more forks

Was yours a medium by any chance?

I look on eBay, have had wanted ads up here and search weekly on the usual like pinkbike, not seen a large, which is what I need.

The one on Pinkbike is a full build which i’m not keen on and overpriced i’d say at £900. There was a full bike on here but seller wouldn’t split which is fine, and one on ebay a month back that I put an overthetop bid on but seller pulled it.

singlespeedstu

Is disappoint at singlespeedstu for lack of horse bombing.

Sorry.
    I don’t come on here very much any more.

QH with 150 Fox 34.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/qLjQXH]2Souls[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qtKGWs]2Souls[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

With 140Rev.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/e6YPKn]2013_0329deadwood0038[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

YS with 140 Rev.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/cxpKMb]Cader Idris Summit[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/aiRprG]2011_0902cyb0042[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

N9 with 140 Fox 34

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qLN5E7]Spring has sprung[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

thepodge
    Free Member

@coomber, that’s the ones. I’m fairly sure there was a large Trans am on there too but that might have been another full build

NormalMan

Lovely bikes there Stu.

Are you still around on bearbones? I’ve neglected that a bit. Only thought of it today when I wore my jersey.

coomber
    Free Member

@thepodge Interested to hear how you get on with it

thepodge
    Free Member

It’ll be my first 29er and I only ride singlespeed these days so not sure how valid my opinion would be

mick_r

Just gone from 3 years with a QR Reba at 100mm up to an X Fusion Trace with through axle, 120mm and bigger stanchions (still 1 1/8 steerer). The beefier fork has made a real difference and really suits the frame without adding noticeable weight. All ready for the Alps 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have on my short list:
    Chromag Rootdown
    Cotic Solaris (new version)
    Stanton Sherpa

My Chromag is a Samurai65 rather than a 29er, so just showing you some head-badge, cockpit and bespoke colour-scheme. Very, very happy with it, super-rad. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Also, I’m pretty sure the Quarterhorses still win.

😀

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It’s hard to beat an Inbred IMO:

Clink

ust gone from 3 years with a QR Reba at 100mm up to an X Fusion Trace with through axle, 120mm and bigger stanchions (still 1 1/8 steerer). The beefier fork has made a real difference and really suits the frame without adding noticeable weight. All ready for the Alps

What frame is it?

Cheezpleez

Two years in and I’m still loving my Buzzard

Gotama
    Free Member

Also, I’m pretty sure the Quarterhorses still win.

Yes, yes they do. Although the Canfields are very good too and I would like to have a go on their new silly expensive EPO or whatever it’s called.

As before, now has dropper, best bike I’ve ever had.

andyg1966

Loving my mainstream Trek Stache (pictured earlier) main reason for getting this (over building one up) was the 142×12 rear axle as well as the longer 120mm forks. Now with Pikes and a Reverb its my ideal bike.

eemy
    Free Member

Trek Stache a well – 19″ and for SALE

mick_r

What frame is it?

Home made! I started playing with short back ends / slack head angle back in 2010-2011.

Designed for ss, hub gear or 1x. Currently running rear end at 410mm chainstays (true length along the stay) so no options for a front mech. Twin 1/2″ chainstay tubes to give clearance for fat tyre and mud (regular 135mm dropouts and 73 bb shell). Will adjust down to about 404 mm. 72 deg effective SA, 69 HA with the longer forks. Rides great up or down (if it didn’t I’d be making something else rather than sticking with this frame for the last 3 years).

Clink

Like it! 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

I like the twin chainstays on that home build

I’d love the Canfield that was in the classifieds… cant work out how to post pics from someone else’s account but linked HERE

singlespeedstu

For anyone that’s interested my Yelli frame(size medium) might be up for sale soon.

ton

is there a hardtail 29er available that will take a 160mm fork?

or can you reduce a 160mm pike down to 140/150mm?

singlespeedstu

Ton yes you can reduce the Pike.
    You’ll need a new air shaft at about £30.

z1ppy

Stu, if you getting rid of the yelli, does that mean your pushing the button on an EPO?

ton

cheers ssstu

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ooh! That EPO looks right up my street!

thewanderer
    Free Member

Umm did anyone pick up on the frame Brant posted. Looks like a Titus fireline with straighter tubes and a thru axle at the back….

singlespeedstu

z1ppy.
    I’m thinking about it.
    Tried one out for size but not sure I want to pay that much for a hardtail frame.

z1ppy

😀

The Wanderer.. Brant did reply, though I’d already located it.. The Pact Battlecat, a 65+/29er Ti frame…though can’t find any info on geo (and a lot more than I want to pay for a winter bike)

chakaping
    Free Member

Loving my mainstream Trek Stache (pictured earlier) main reason for getting this (over building one up) was the 142×12 rear axle as well as the longer 120mm forks. Now with Pikes and a Reverb its my ideal bike.

Is the Pike a 51mm offset?

If not, how;s it compare to the stock fork handling-wise?

singlespeedstu

Shut it z1ppy.
    🙂

brant
    Free Member

The Wanderer.. Brant did reply, though I’d already located it.. The Pact Battlecat, a 65+/29er Ti frame…though can’t find any info on geo (and a lot more than I want to pay for a winter bike)
    http://issuu.com/pactbikes/docs/battlecat_press_pack

It’s custom. So we can do whatever you fancy.

Current models are 65.5deg static, 60mm BB drop, 435mm chainstays, 470mm reach on the 19in frame.

andyg1966

Is the Pike a 51mm offset?

If not, how;s it compare to the stock fork handling-wise?

Yes the Pike is 51mm offset. I did put a 120mm ‘standard’ SID on there and it handled noticeably worse. (SIDS now on eBay)

The stock Fox forks were the notorious 2013 CTD ones.

Green Pike stickers from slik graphics.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply andy.

I would be very reluctant to change from a 51mm offset fork as it handles so well now, but haven’t tried anything else.

Just curious TBH, gonna keep the Rev on mine as I use it for a bit of XC racing and it could do with being lighter anyway.

Hicksy
    Free Member

What no Honzos?

Edit – balls, still no Honzos!

Edit 2 – I hate computers! Sorry, you’ll just have to use your imaginations!

spectabilis
    Free Member

Some great bikes here !

I read one mention of a Bigwig which reminded me a mate of mine was making some noises the other day about selling or breaking his for a another full suss build… PM me if your interested, it’s a nice build manitou fork, Hope/Stan’s, dropper, SLX 2×10…….

Candodavid
    Free Member

Wow, just had a look at the Epo, lovely, but that’s silly money for a carbon hardtail, I’ll keep my QH, it’s doing the job more than adequately at present.
    Perhaps one day all these ‘orses should ride together, obviously somewhere technical

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Show me your longish forked 29er Hardtails…’ is closed to new replies.