Home Forums Bike Forum Show me your…. Epic Evo! PICS PICS PICS Please

• This topic has 34 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by clubby.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Show me your…. Epic Evo! PICS PICS PICS Please
  • v7fmp

‘oh no’ i hear you scream…. ANOTHER Epic Evo thread.

But this one isnt a request of how good is it, is it better than XYZ.

Its a simple one. Pictures, lots of pictures of your Epic Evo please!

Last gen, latest gen, lets seem em.

And share any notes on upgrades or changes you have made!

Kryton57

Pro model, foam grips and Assima power pedal added, thats it.  Love it.IMG_5472

SirHC

Garden looking sharp, the dork disc needs to be gone!

coconut
    Free Member

He said the “S” word…. Get him

jwh
    Free Member
    dawson

Changed tyres, saddle and grips

IMG20240812160831

susepic

MY2005 and MY 2020 showing the GeoEvo from Epic to EpicEVO. I think that’s Epic gen 1 or 2, and Epic gen 6? The 2020 evo is still making me smile ,incredibly rapid, but interestingly the shock and forks have both been replaced under warranty (and i’m a wheels on ground rider)

20200905_17584720200905_18000720200905_180338

avdave2

2023 Pro ltd, one of those sod it I can’t not buy it at that price moments! haven’t had a full sus bike since I bought a Marin East Peak in 1998 and I’ve been riding rigid bikes for the last 10 years so it’s a bit of a change. This was my first ride on it as stock.I’ve swapped the bars out for some Salsa 17 degree bends cut down to 700mm with ergon grips which has helped with wrist issues I was getting. My rigid bike has 27 degree sweep Ritchey Kyote bars for the same reason. I think the ideal for me would be 20 degree backsweep which would let me go a tad wider on the bars. Not many options with that backsweep in carbon which is ideally what I’d like. There is the Protaper 20/20 Carbon Bar but that doesn’t seem to be easy to get hold of.

PXL_20240729_184059649.MP

susepic

avdave2 – up on the Kingston Ridge?

v7fmp

@dawson is that the ‘base’ model in the golden colour?

goldfish24

IMG_0156‘22 comp. Lost some rotating weight with silt xc alloy wheels and Vittoria Barzo/mezcal in tasteful tan wall.

just had its full 100hour/1 year service on the suspension and by god it’s transformative…

avdave2

avdave2 – up on the Kingston Ridge?

@susepic
    Yes, I live in Saltdean and have been riding up along there for 40 years now! Nearest bit of the SDW to me

goldfish24

^and my view (not a great photo at all mind) is in the South Downs, view out to Chichester harbour from the edge of kingley vale. Soon as I saw avdave’s pic I knew it was South Downs but couldn’t figure out quite where.

dawson

@v7fmp – yes, base model

v7fmp

@dawson – cool cool, looks a bit darker than the specialized website…. i like it!

mtbsforresttrails
    Free Member

Been looking at an epic Evo how often do people find themselves reaching to lock out the rear shock?

snownrock

Don’t think I have any pics. 2023 Evo comp here. Changes have been JRA monitor wheels*, mezcal/barzo tyres and some carbon bars. Very chuffed with it, don’t ride anywhere near enough.

*I bought a 22, but got a 23 due to stocking error (thanks specialized Harrogate :) ) the stock wheels got considerably lighter between the 22-23 versions so didn’t really need the wheel upgrade but had already bought them.

susepic

@avdave2 I’m in Hurst, so spend more time on the other side of the A27 from you, different loops up and down the beacon ridge. Kingston gets a look in when extending a Lewes coffee loop. I seem to pass an epicevo every outing these days – maybe it was you, or @goldfish24

20231223_140053 (002)

clubby

No pics yet, as today was it’s first proper ride and it was too good to stop!

2023 Expert. Bars swapped straight out of box for 800mm 35mm rise One Up carbon. Upsized front rotor to 200mm (I’m nearly 100kg at the moment). Have also ordered a One Up dropper lever as other bikes have them and the stock one just feels a bit cheap. Can’t see me changing anything else though. Well pleased with the discount I got as well.

Will add pics over weekend.

DrP

We should do a SDW area Epic evo ride!

Anyone up for that?!

(Other bikes allowed, obvs)

DrP

jonnyrockymountain

I’m just going to put my S-works epic Evo frame forks etc on classifieds, but only swapping for a new S-works epic 8

so I’d gladly ride on either ?

susepic

We should do a SDW area Epic evo ride!

we should – as long as you take it easy on us old chuffers! I think there’s a couple more Sussex EpicEvos on STW aren’t there?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m just going to put my S-works epic Evo frame forks etc on classifieds

Can I ask size, cost, location?

jonnyrockymountain

Advert just posted up on classifieds

Kryton57

…right above a Chisel, STW to Coconut, over….

jonnyrockymountain

:)

BillMC

IMG_20240907_102536847_AE

coconut
    Free Member

…right above a Chisel, STW to Coconut, over….

Hello Kryton, I did see that one, I need an XL, that ones a medium. also located in Belfast. I will be getting a Chisel Comp… but likely later this year/early next year, once I sell my Giant Trance.

Kryton57

I need an XL

Ah, what a shame.  Still – good news on your decision, pics when it arrives!

stanley

I’m cheating slightly… Epic 8

iirc, its geometry is slacker than last year’s Evo? Love this bike anyway.

20240708_125337

crossed

Has anyone with an Epic Evo found a way of keeping the cable/hose guide grommet thing in the front left of the frame in place?

Mine’s running AXS gears and dropper so only the rear brake hose going through the grommet. It seems to be impossible to keep it in place, my last effort was using a bit of Sugru on it to hold it in place but it still came out!

Any suggestions?

clubby

Only had the bike a few weeks but had this on first couple of rides. I turned the bars to the right so the cables are at max stretch, then pushed the grommet back in. Hasn’t popped out again since.

Kryton57

@crossed yes.   I lubed mine with GT 85 and with the grommet close to the frame but out of it pulled the cables as far forward before pushing the grommet in as far as possible.    The tension on the cable from them wanting to pull themselves back into the frame seems to keep it from working forward again.

goldfish24

Yep. Mine disappeared into the Downtube some time ago. Haven’t really needed to remedy it but will keep an eye on cable or frame wear.

clubby

Just realised I never did post a photo mine. Better late than never!

FullSizeRender

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.