Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 223 total)
  • Show and tell…… Your road bike……
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

2008 Felt F65 with basic ish build inc. tubeless.

It’s nice and comfortable. 18.5lb, tubes are straight and round, it was cheap and there isn’t an ounce of bling on it.

khegs
    Free Member

A slightly sad one this, just spent the afternoon breaking up my old road bike I built in college, it had been languishing in my brother’s garage in wales for quite a while. Leaving this thoroughly written off old 80’s Harry Quinn Frame

It also means I have a motley bunch late 80’s/early 90’s retrotastic stuff to offload (including an ultegra biopace chainset!)

AndyF1
    Free Member

Here is the Taiwanese one while the Italian one is waiting to be compleated.

Janesy
    Free Member

Getting some 50mm Carbon wheels soon.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Cheap 2nd hand Condor Squadra frame and forks bought to replace my Lynskey ‘dream bike’.
    Campag chorus 11 speed groupset, 3T bars, Spesh carbon/zertz seatpost, Deda stem, Open Pro/105 front wheel, Kysirium SL rear here but now an Open Pro/Hope rear, Gatorskins.
    Not super bling or expensive, but a solid workhorse that makes me smile.

Specialized Langster SS winter bike. Deda bars and stem, Tifosi carbon post, spesh saddle, Open Sport rims built onto the original spesh hubs, Rubino pros, Profile BMX chain tensioners, Topeak DeFender RC11 mudguards.
    Bought as standard complete bike 2nd hand for couple of hundred quid. New wheels transformed it into my go-to bike for solo rides and winter miles.

[/url][/img][/url][/img]

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Kinesis KR510 – good enough for me!

kinesis2 by Team Shortbread, on Flickr

househusband

I’m utterly over-biked;

Scott CR1 with upgraded wheels.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

This is my steel winter bike bike built up for dossing around in the summer.

Charge juicer…

ironbrucove

With slicks obviously

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Upgrades:

Full Ultegra

Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels / Michelin Pro4 rubber

S-Works carbon bars.

Amazing bike – super comfy & fast! 🙂

19.5 lbs which is reasonable for a 61cm……

ds3000
    Free Member

Janesy – that’s exactly what I’m after, nice looking ‘rig’

iainc

bog standard Defy Comp 1, 2012. Perfect for me 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My ageing DeRosa Merak..
    Ultegra, Zipp, & Fulcrum wheels..
    Having seen those above, & looking in Royles today, loving the idea of a new Cannondale..

Just realised I’ve left the wheel magnet on from the old computer… 😳

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oh, and my trusty Salsa Vaya.. I ride this on the road too..

djglover
    Free Member

I think its a 2007 look, maybe even 2006, components are a bit newer, did advertise it for sale, but a more modern replacement surely wouldn’t offer much more?

Its still pretty good

The main reason I like it is that it conforms to most of the rules 😉

unknown
    Free Member

Giant SCR4, never going to turn any heads but it’s a perfectly serviceable bike that’s slightly less entry level than when I bought it. Old Ultegra cranks, even older 105 rear mech, planet x wheels. Next to go will be the steel fork and 2300 stis.

richpips
    Free Member

My road bike after getting a couple of MTB KoMs

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Take the piss as much as you want but I did 100miles on it today and it’s got me several KOM’s round where I live that’s quite a hotbed for roadies ;

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Waiting for the rain by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr
    Spec Allez Elite from 09 I think, rescued from a C2W home having done 200 miles in 3 years.
    Original Spec except for a replacement rear tyre and pads. I just gets me out.

epicyclo

Current favourite – 1932 Sunbeam Road Racer

Strangely it seems to end up offroad a lot…

TooTall
    Free Member

okay, i’ll be the one to ask the question – TooTall – just how tall are you

6’7″ with a 40″ standover.
    The bike is a 27″ (72cm) frame, which was a stock size back then for some reason.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

My 2008 Madone 5 series pro. Bought it as a frameset and built with full DA 7800, Bontrager RXL wheels (the last ones made with DT 240 hubs), XXXL bars and stem. It has a Selle Italia SLC saddle in the pic, but now has a Fizik Aliante carbon saddle which fits me much better. Also, now I have tubeless Hutchison tyres and no headset spacers…
    Love this bike!

ben
    Free Member

Mine in credit card touring guise (sacrilege, I know):

I like it for the understated graphics… 🙂

bigrich

This thing is rad. I leave my CF road bike in the shed now. Waiting until the shoddy sram drivetrain falls off, then I can make it ultegra and it’l be lovely.

kcr
    Free Member

Whatever bike I’m on, because bikes come and go, and I don’t spend a lot of time looking at them, but I love cycling.

sefton
    Free Member

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Neilsonwheels, that’s actually Castle Combe, I’m normally at Mallory though

_tom_
    Free Member

Here’s mine when I first bought it. Have since slammed the stem, replaced the lugano tyres and fitted spd sl’s. And it’s currently 1×9 til I get a new front mech. Whilst I wouldn’t say I love road biking, I do really like being able to get out and have a decent ride without having to load my bike into the car or anything. Plus it’s fast.

rp16v
    Free Member

bigrich- iv noticed sins getting my tricross most of my bikes dont really get a look in
    will post a pic later

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Neilsonwheels, that’s actually Castle Combe, I’m normally at Mallory though

Coolio. I raced up Mallory a couple of times this year just to dip my toe in and see what it is all about. I will be back next year to give it a proper go.

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I just have to see a pic of too tall sat on his bike!
    Highlight of the thread for me 😀

fathomer

Here’s mine, Boardman Comp that I got for just over £300 from eBay about four years ago. Standard apart from the wheels, I completely smashed the front and replaced with some cheap Aksium’s that I got for £60, bar tape and saddle.

As _tom_ says, I like to being able to just go from the door for a decent ride.

2013-03-29 by SamDexter, on Flickr

v12jat
    Free Member

great thread, im gonna chuck mine in….

sensa giulia custom from merlin, with a few upgrades – carbon wheels, carbon stem/seatpost, planet x cnc brakes and selle slr carbon saddle..

i know my lawn looks rubbish too…

mudshark
    Free Member

2013 Giant Defy Advance 0, comfortable to ride and handles well.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Few yrs old now, but still soo fast unlike its rider !! …. it just never goes wrong 😀 ….. fancy a nice carbon jobbie later this yr

Kuco

Not got a pic of mine but basically this. Ultegra through out apart from the cranks.

But with Speedplay pedals and GP4000 tyres. It could do with a new set of wheels for it as the Aksium are getting a bit tired now.

Surprised how comfy it is.

nickname
    Free Member

Got this last week – Sensa Romagna via merlincycles – 105 groupset throughout 🙂

Have to say, an awesome finish on the frame, and it’s great to a bike where everything works so smoothly. Only downside is some toe-overlap, which I hear is a common prob, so I’ll just get used to it I guess.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Ridely Damocles

Standard 105 out the box, bog standard wheels, and nice Deda finishing kit.

Plenty of planned upgrades but nothing that needs doing straight away.

njee20
    Free Member

Nice frame, but that’s a big ol’ head tube! I’d always rather have 20mm of spacers and a shorter head tube myself. Purely aesthetic.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Nice frame, but that’s a big ol’ head tube! I’d always rather have 20mm of spacers and a shorter head tube myself. Purely aesthetic.

A thin 2mm spacer between headset and stem with stem pointed the right way is all that is required, anything else is ugly. 1cm is just about allowed if there are gaps between sizes.
    I guess it’s the march of the fat-gut mamil that has increased the sales of spacers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘Show and tell…… Your road bike……’ is closed to new replies.