Show and tell…… Your road bike……

Home Forum Bike Forum Show and tell…… Your road bike……

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 223 total)
  • Show and tell…… Your road bike……
  • Not the lightest but it’s very smooth and easy to rack up miles on

All stock parts (Sora) apart from RS80 wheelset.

TheDoctor

@boblo its 6.2kg on the LBS scales so they would have to be super heavy pedals to tip it over the limit!

Cheers for the nice bike comment 😀

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

1996 Trek 1400.

50cm.
    Bonded, not welded aluminium.
    Shimano RS30 wheels, Stronglight/Shimano 8 speed.
    Now has a Rolls on it.

Heavy, uncomfortable and handles like a ruptured gnu.

I love it.

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

Storck, now with SRAM red and destickered wheels. Sub uci weight with cages and pedals

will

mtbtomo – Member
    Will, since when did Boardman do a single speed??

It’s a few years old, now discontinued, guess it’s maybe 2011?

RealMan – Member
    I think will just won this thread with that Giant. Lovely drop.

People often forget it’s ALL ABOUT the drop.

taxi25

Ex 2011 Omega-Pharma Lotto Team Bike

Canyon Aeroad with Campag record and Campag ultra neutron wheels.

Best bit is when you get bored of the red just turn it around and its green.

will

Ummm wow! That is COOL!

rossatease

In the van, best place for it, worse buying decision ever.

Mine:

Cervelo RS, Ultegra, Ksyrium Elite.

Mrs MdL’s:

BMC Pure PR01, 105/Tiagra, Aksium.

ChrisA

Its a bad picture, but this is my enigma etape, purple chris king (just awaiting the BB to match) ultegra drivetrain, thomson, etc

I have a litespeed too, but i love the enigma, thinking of buying another at some point soon.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Pedalforce frame, Ritchey WCS forks, Record 10, AC420 wheels (rear custom triplet spoked on a Record 32h hub).

Because it’s lighter than yoooors.

Premier Icon StefMcDef
    Subscriber

Wilier La Triestina. Mostly stock, although it came with a Veloce groupset, not the usual Athena stuff, and a couple of carbon upgrades bought off the forum on here.

Quite a smart looking bike, if I do say so myself. Rides nicely, too.

The scabby old Trek water bottle has been replaced by a matching red and black once since this pic was taken.

boblo

The scabby old Trek water bottle has been replaced by a matching red and black once since this pic was taken.

Ooo, get you. Rockefeller 🙂

Premier Icon StefMcDef
    Subscriber

Ooo, get you. Rockefeller

Red and black water bottles are scientifically proven to make your bike go 0.000005mph faster than old scabby Trek ones.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

I think will just won this thread with that Giant. Lovely drop.

You didn’t notice the stack of spacers above the stem which instantly disqualified it then?

RealMan

People often forget it’s ALL ABOUT the drop.

😀

You didn’t notice the stack of spacers above the stem which instantly disqualified it then?

I just assumed he was too busy dealing out masses of pain to anyone who tries to sit on his wheel to get a hacksaw out and trim it down.. I’m an optimist, at heart.

I’m somewhat drooling over taxi25’s bike. Mmmmmmm…

Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

Taxi 25s bike would drive me mental!

Red = Port = Left,
    Green = Starboard = Right

What kind of mentalistic retard would do THAT!!!!!

taxi25

It doesn’t float Daffy. But if it did, being fond of boats I’d share your concerns.

Specialized Tarmac Comp (USA edition), cracked my Allez, Specialized UK could not source a replacement frame for months and offered me this unusual frame as a “goodwill upgrade” free of charge 🙂

custom build, photo is outdated now running Ultegra HT2 cranks, S-Works stem and CF bar, S-Works turbo tires, etc.

love this bike, rides easily but very quick and responsive, no nasty handling surprises. Easy to maintain. Climbs very efficiently and feels solid when descending on bad roads.

Pinarello Treviso, just after having been resprayed for its 20th birthday. Still rides beautifully, even if the angle of the shot makes it look a little wonky.

TiRed

Monkeyfudger, the Stages powercrank is great. However, if you look closely, youll see that the crank on the Defy is covered by an inner tube and the tcr is not. That’s because i’ve broken two Stages units in our attrocius cold wet weather. Stages have been great though and changed the bonding agent after several failures (see dcrainmakers review), and sent me a fedexed replacement each time.

As for the wheels. Well, i wanted to get some C50s as i think Shimano wheels are excellent. But the Defy already comes with p-slr whhels, so i asked to upgrade to aeros (whose only difference is the carbon fairing) for a net cost of only £250. It seemed a great deal, as i already had the Ksyrium Elites. They are stiff, ride well and came top in the comic’s review of £1000 aero wheels. The DT Swiss freewhhel is an acquired taste though. It makes a din! And they fill with water in the rain. But numerous races with others on carbon rims convinced me i really wanted alloy breaking surfaces and am happy woth the weight penalty (about thesame as the Ksyriums).

The bike is fantastic, and feels like cheating. Fortunately the integrated seatpost is all that stops Son1 from riding it offinto the sunset!!!

Premier Icon alansd1980
    Subscriber

Scott Addict HTC Highroad edition
    Recently built up with 105
    Ksyrium Elite Wheels
    Deda Finishing kit

Someone said that Charge Spoon Saddles just don’t look right on road bikes and I have to agree. Will look into switching it out soon.

Kona Zing 2011
    Wheels have been changed to Open Pro on 105 hubs

Now has black tape and saddle

If cash allows the 105 will be getting upgraded on the Addict and being donated to this.

This has been used for all road duties over the last 2 years. Clocked up about 10,000 miles on it and was pretty happy until I tried the Addict. Now it feels like a right old duffer.

IanW

Because it looks nice and doesn’t bend when I go up hills

will

RealMan – Member
    I just assumed he was too busy dealing out masses of pain to anyone who tries to sit on his wheel to get a hacksaw out and trim it down.. I’m an optimist, at heart.

This is indeed correct. That and I do not own a hacksaw.

Cheers TiRed, yeah I’d read the Rainmaker review and was intrigued (is that you in comments section aye?) but noted in the comments about issues with the bonding. It’s def an interesting product and I emailed ’em a couple of weeks ago asking how they were getting on with a UK distributer. My road bike needs* either a power meter or deep section wheels haha 😉

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

Heavy but versatile.

gee

Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3, Dura Ace 7900, SWorks carbon cranks, bars etc. King R45 hubs on Stans Alpha rims. The frame is stiff as they come, bordering on uncomfortable, but nice to go for a big road ride every now and again. I think the wheels probably help a little.

mtbtomo

gee – how do you find the stans alpha rims? Are they the 20/24 hole versions that everyone reports as flexy?

shedbrewed

Nedrapier, I really rather like that.

TiRed

Yes it’s my review. I held back until the second unit failed. The company have been very good and were genuinely surprised at the failures. I think it’s an innovative product and I want them to succeed. The K-Edge garmin mount and Pro chaincatcher add to the bling.

Premier Icon camster
    Subscriber

Cannondale R2000si bought fron new about 12 yrs ago. Stock spec apart from new stem and low profile bars allowing me to actually ride on the drops at long last!

Love it!

My Felt. It has been around the block a few times now!

Dibbs

My post cancer treatment present to myself (Wilier Cento 1 SR Super Record).

Premier Icon Wookster
    Subscriber

Nice bike Dibbs!!

globalti

2012 Roubaix SL3 with Ksyrium SL wheels, now fitted with Michelin Pro4 tyres – climbs superbly, descends like on rails and makes me feel like a cycling God.

will

Roubaix’s always look SO comfortable. Assume they are?

Toasty

New Canyon, absolutely loving it. First ride I’ve had in ages where I just accept I’m not trying to cane my records and just pootle, lovely evening!

Slightly gangly looking, but to be honest there’s a lot worse looking 62cm alloy frames about! 🙂

Love how they seem to cut zero corners, really solid wheelset, Ritchey WCS finishing kit, even Ultegra cassette and things. Chuffed to bits.

IMG_2625 by clarkpm4242, on Flickr

Thought I’d try a bit of road. Bought this a month or so back, seems OK, goes uphill! Enjoying it so far.

Don’t know what else to expect. It is a bike 🙂

Edit: 105 groupset…

tinribz

You cant deny those Ribbles look pretty.

RealMan

You cant deny those Ribbles look pretty.

As an owner, I can..

Nah, it looks ok. When you take it out of the UK it’s pretty much exotic as no one has ever heard of it, which is kinda nice.

will

Ow RealMan, just for you 😉

boblo

@will did Halfords do that build…? 🙂

will

😆 Got say those bars do look weird!

RealMan

Those bars are just… so… deep…

Is a lot of drop but I’ve never been a huge fan of bars like that. Not sure about the grey tape either…

will

I agree the bars are simply awful, and I do need new ones. The OAP Grey tape was some I had lying around and I agree, it isn’t nice.

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘Show and tell…… Your road bike……’ is closed to new replies.