Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 219 total)
  • Shameful act – north west mtb club
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What ever happened to equality and the pirates code?

You can stick the pirates code up your RRR’s

imnotverygood

2 little boys had 2 little toys…..

rickt
    Free Member

Sounds like an unfriendly bunch them bog rotters…

Twitter and Facebook are good tools.

postierich
    Free Member

Grum we are a friendly bunch you must try a Wednesday night ride there is a peckin order mind, and I know my place usually mincing @ the back, we are all equals in the pub afterwards 🙂

Hora! boggies riding fun parks? really only reason I ride with them is because they keep it real 🙂

banks
    Free Member

The boggies are looking pretty good out of this, scaring off all the loners who don’t like riding with people….

beefheart
    Free Member

dannyh
    Free Member

It doesn’t sound brilliant.

To digress slightly though, it does take all sorts, even in something as totally ‘rad’ as mountain biking.

I was riding in the Peaks when I heard a bloke nearing the top of a steep, but not very long climby bit (not a ‘climb’) just a steep little rise.

Anyway he was shouting stuff like “c’mon mother ****, c’mon” and really hacking at the pedals. A minute or so later the rest of his group appeared. Was it a super-competitive XC bunch? A piss-taking bunch of mates? No it was his wife or girlfriend who just looked a bit embarrassed and amused by her other half.

BadlyWiredDog

If it was a bloke who’d been left behind, would you all be making such a fuss about it?

theflatboy
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member

If it was a bloke who’d been left behind, would you all be making such a fuss about it?

Is he hot?

Bunnyhop

We once organised an STW ride at the Roman Lakes and all set off at an easy pace.
    About 7 minutes into the ride I realised Hora had gone missing. He’d decided that his forks/saddle/pedals/tyres weren’t in good order. All 7 of us turned tail and went back to help out 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

Why do people keep saying she was left behind ? She found the pace a bit quick and decided to head for home. According to someone who was there, she was asked if she wanted someone to go with her and the offer was declined. Leaving a group is very different from being left behind.

BadlyWiredDog

theflatboy – Member
    BadlyWiredDog – Member

Is he hot?

POSTED 15 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Bunnyhop – Member
    We once organised an STW ride at the Roman Lakes and all set off at an easy pace.
    About 7 minutes into the ride I realised Hora had gone missing. He’d decided that his forks/saddle/pedals/tyres weren’t in good order. All 7 of us turned tail and went back to help out

POSTED 14 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah…

lowey

I was once on a STW ride in Calderdale lead by Ton. Me and one other got sperated and spent a very pleasant afternoon in the Cafe Cali instead.

Seriously, this thread ?? talk about making a bullshit mountain out of a total non event. STW at its finest.

yunki
    Free Member

This would not have happened on Barnes’ shift

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Why do people keep saying she was left behind ?

Because thats what the pictures say, No one is really interested in the bollox in-between.

dannyh
    Free Member

The last group ride I went on, I organised.

Almost at the top of the first climb my rear mech went into the spokes and bent the mech hanger severely.

Another bloke who was on the ride gave me his bike and pushed mine back to the car before sitting in a pub to wait for us.

What is the biking equivalent of the DSM I wonder………….?

peterfile
    Free Member

I was at Glentress in the summer and had two chainring bolts shear, with a third on its way out.

I was way way out the back of the black, hours walk from the car. A group passed and stopped to check what was up. One happened to be carrying a spare chainring bolt(!). They all hung about until they were sure my chainring was going to stay put and had offered to give me some donor bolts from their own bikes if I was still worried.

True gents, saved me a long walk and put a smile on my face too 🙂

Clearly not BogTrotters though eh 😉

skeetsgb
    Free Member

not the first time ive heard this kind of story about the bog trotters, and i doubt it wont be the last one either.

peterfile
    Free Member

It won’t be long until it’s a child.

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s not generally the done thing, but if they’re insistent!
    It used to fall upon me to go back, but then there are plenty of other weekends. That said I did leave the very club I set up because it became detrimental to my own riding in the end. being club chairman in a year that saw a huge influx was like a full time job.

As for clubs telling you that you will be left behind if you can’t keep up, well some have good reason. generally they aren’t named after a city or town.

matt_outandabout

Anyone care to summarise? I cannot be bothered to read 6 pages…

peterfile
    Free Member

BogTrotters threw an innertube into a tree and a pregnant woman became trapped in it.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Basically someone got attacked by a bear in Grizedale forest.

JCL
    Free Member

Bog trotters. Worst club evar!

Junkyard
    Free Member

abandoned lady found on road after boogies left her with broken bike
    Turns out she chose to go home alone and was fine
    STW debated whether you stay together or leave one behind
    Mixed views on the boggies
    Boggies post in “jokes”
    Randoms criticise the thread and contributors
    Lazy moron asks for summary 😉
    Jokey replies
    THIS

tymbian
    Free Member

^^^^ made me laugh..thanks J.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

its a survey to see how many posters reads the whole thread.

DanW
    Free Member

Is the OP actually the lady in question and using STW as a Kangaroo Court to see if the boyfriend who left her behind should get the Bomber/ wee in shoe treatment?

My wife told me there’s a good chance my nuts might accidentally get caught in my chain if I left her behind on a ride (even if she said she’s ok)

yossarian
    Free Member

I once saw some bogtrotters bumming a baby robin.

RayMazey
    Free Member

If you think the BT are bad, Try going out with the Woollybacks.

What a shower of S**T they are.

I have to wait for them at the top of every climb and the bottom of every descent.

If you can’t get through a minimum of 5kg of cake on a 5 mile off road ride, it is frowned upon.

Thought I would be joining a club where I could shred the gnarl 🙂

Oh, and make sure you bike as at least 200mm of travel front and rear, so you can walk up the climbs instead of riding them. 🙂

Set of shandy drinking jessabelles 😉

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

What do I get for my £20 + £2 a ride? I normally save that kind of twatish “if you’re dropped tough shit” attitude for the road but it’s good for a laugh every now and then.

postierich
    Free Member

Can I just say it was not me that bummed the Robin!! but he was asking for it! IMHO

hora
    Free Member

5kg of cake for a 5mile ride?

Seriously IM IN. Im not lying either.

Talking of which anyone fancy a peaks ride this Fri? Im feeling lonely on my weekday rides at the mo. Saw 3 riders today ontop of WLT that was it 🙁

doubledunter
    Free Member

I once saw some bogtrotters bumming a baby robin.

😀 😆

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Yossarian, I doff my cap to you sir

oldschool

[/quote]I once saw some bogtrotters bumming a baby robin child’s face.

FTFY

tomaso
    Free Member

The whole Robin thing was blown out of all proportion, it only landed on my handlebar and in the snow it looked festive…

beefheart
    Free Member

tomaso – Member

in the snow it looked festive… like a child’s face…

matt_outandabout

The whole Robin thing was blown out of all proportion, it only landed on my handlebar child’s face and in the snow it looked festive like an stw’er…

Ftfy

DT78
    Free Member

what on earth is this thread about? Can someone summarise? Baby Robins being bummed should someone be contacting the RSPB?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Shameful act – north west mtb club’ is closed to new replies.