Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 219 total)
  • Shameful act – north west mtb club
  • Nick

Not intended to be a slagging off of the bike club,

oh reaaaaally

“Shameful act – north west mtb club” “rhymes with log trotters”

I’m not outraged, I’m saddened

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I went to the market after, no sausage there unfortunately. Just a hog roast, some jam and a poor mans Peter Kay dressed up as a Christmas Cracker singing little donkey to an old woman in a mobility scooter but changing the words to little daphne.

The log rotters weren’t the bad guys that day.

Edit: Still a bit of shame.

khani
    Free Member

Can someone clarify a point , are the hobnobs open ?

They’re long gone,.. 😳

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe it was the ‘Mog Spotters’ – you know, that group that go out mtbing in the hills, looking for kittehns.

jekkyl

Curry man on a road bike rescues her and then waits a fortnight before posting on a forum in a slightly inflammatory way.

😆

Curry Man… did you leave the girl with a working bike or did you ride off leaving her walk back?
    & I agree the b/f was a git.

geoffj

*wonders if she’d been turned around if SFB was on the ride and she had a photogenic er bike.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Love how the B/F is now getting some attention. The flames have died down on the group as a whole because the full story has been heard, but you still need something to have a pop at. Right, its the boyfriends turn. You don’t know the conversation that was had between him and her! Maybe he’s not a git! 😀

JCL
    Free Member

I’m disgusted by the Bog Trotters actions regarding this incident and am thankfull for my Audi driving Surrey Hills mates who are so slow they can never drop anyone.

jekkyl

was it you wilko? 😮
    ok ok, he was just a little git, maybe like half a git.

cynic-al
    Free Member

cbmotorsport – Member
    The only party worth lambasting in this situation is the boyfriend. What an a-hole.

We don’t even know half that story.

But do feel outraged if you enjoy it…

traildog
    Free Member

The boyfriend is my hero. Not only has he got his girlfriend out mountain biking, when it gets too difficult for her, the relationship is so good that he can let her go back on her own while he carries on riding and enjoying himself.

I am so envious of this person and worship the ground he rides on.

(Btw, we are talking about a lady, not a child. Women are allowed to do things without being accompanied by men you know. Such as riding back on their own.)

wilko1999
    Free Member

lol no. But I’m not saying he isn’t a git, just that we don’t know officially whether he is one or not. I guess I’m just far too diplomatic for STW and should stay out of these threads aimed at the more judgemental amongst us! Boyfriends git status to be confirmed… 😀

livetowinborntolose
    Free Member

No definitely a total Git

I had to leave her because i had a new bike to test, strava running, footpaths that needed riding, walkers that needed shouting at and horses to punch. It’s ok she got back fine and my tea was ready when i got back in, and the washing and ironing done too.

Flames wars are funny

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/3980096/we-didnt-start-the-flame-war

I’m the infamous bf btw

ozzo
    Free Member

She did seem to quite happy to let BF carry on and have a great time and he didn’t get the cold shoulder later on as far as i could tell.

BTW she wasn’t a child more a young woman

ianv
    Free Member

(Btw, we are talking about a lady, not a child. Women are allowed to do things without being accompanied by men you know. Such as riding back on their own.)

You will be saying that they should be allowed to vote next! Preposterous.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Can someone clarify a point , are the hobnobs open ?

They’re long gone,..

*passes the custard creams*

rickmeister

[quoteNobody wanted to go to the German market with this lass?
    Could have shared a sausage. Chance missed.[/quote]

As the B/F was present, any sausage sharing would have made it wurst…

wrecker
    Free Member

As the B/F was present, any sausage sharing would have made it wurst…

Worth a try. Nothing toulouse.

sefton
    Free Member

didn’t someone say they went back to the YH for spit roast?

khani
    Free Member

In the beginning I was outraged, in the middle it became clear, at the end I want a custard cream..
    There’s a lesson in here somewhere…
    Wunundred…

wilko1999
    Free Member

You total git! 😀

khani
    Free Member

😀

pictonroad

We sent a chap home once, he arranged to meet us, said he was more of a downhiller but could turn his hand to trail work. Turned up on an AMAZING bike, like one of those famous ebay monstrosiities. I *think* it was a Marin full sus, twin crown forks, full XTR and some sort of monocoque wheels. It weighed about 40lbs. Anyway he walked up the first hill, then down the first downhill. After an hour we ebncouraged him to take the road home. He turned up again but was talked out of it, I think he was a bit of a Walter Mitty type.

Then there was the guy whose light broke and we left him in the woods. In the dark. On his own. Took him 2hrs to find the car park, he was FURIOUS when we turned up. Surrey Hills aint no place for the weak..

brakes
    Free Member

if my gf/bf/husband/wife/mother-in-law turned up on a ride with me, I would sure as hell do anything I could to persuade them not to come along again.
    get your own hobby!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

cbmotorsport – Member
    The only party worth lambasting in this situation is the boyfriend. What an a-hole.

We don’t even know half that story.

But do feel outraged if you enjoy it…

Depends on your values. I just wouldn’t have done it. I’m not outraged, I just think he’s an a-hole, given the information presented. I reserve the right to change that stance if further info comes to light, but he’d have to have a really good reason to leave his Mrs to ride back alone in unfamiliar surroundings. I wouldn’t do that to a mate, let alone the wife. 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

if my gf/bf/husband/wife/mother-in-law turned up on a ride with me, I would sure as hell do anything I could to persuade them not to come along again.

In case they all meet? 😯

wwaswas

he’d have to have a really good reason to leave his Mrs to ride back alone in unfamiliar surroundings.

he’s posted half way up the page this was on.

He had a new bike to ride so elected to carry on.

Seems fair.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m a-Merguez-ed that no one has asked for pitchers.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

he’s posted half way up the page this was on.

Yeah saw that.

brakes
    Free Member

In case they all meet?

they’re all the same person

wilko1999
    Free Member

Well he was clearly being sarcastic in his post. My wife certainly wouldn’t mind if I carried on. Some women are actually real people you know capable of continuing to function when their fella’s aren’t around! 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Well he was clearly being sarcastic in his post. My wife certainly wouldn’t mind if I carried on. Some women are actually real people you know capable of continuing to function when their fella’s aren’t around!

Heretic. 😛

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Well he was clearly being sarcastic in his post. My wife certainly wouldn’t mind if I carried on. Some women are actually real people you know capable of continuing to function when their fella’s aren’t around!

Gender is irrelevant.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If bf was ok letting her sort herself out, have to assume she was considered (and she considered herself) more than capable of doing so. Seems to me, following a mechanical and faced with a 5 mile walk rather than ride, she was probably just having a toys out of pram moment, when Rogan Josh happened along. And then RJ doesn’t even offer her his sausage, what a rotter.

atlaz
    Free Member

I contacted a club in the South East once about riding with them. I was told there was a new member ride that week in a place I’d never ridden and was welcome but that if I was too slow I’d be dropped. I declined their kind offer. The club has a good reputation but I’ve never bothered with them since.

peterfile
    Free Member

And as for all you asswipes on here slagging BT’s off well tough monkey nuts, you need to get all the facts before slagging someone off.

By the sounds of things, she was lucky to get away with just abandonment and a mechanical, you lot sound pretty terrifying!

For what it’s worth, I’m forever ditching Mrs File when we’re out on the bikes, but that’s because I enjoy “making up” when she’s angry.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Okay, gender is irrelevant. So if you were that slow rider and had a mate in the fast group, would you expect him to trundle back to the car park with you?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

wilko1999 – Member

Okay, gender is irrelevant. So if you were that slow rider and had a mate in the fast group, would you expect him to trundle back to the car park with you?

Not really a valid question, I was saying that if I were the faster rider I wouldn’t leave a mate or partner behind.

I will answer it though, if I were the slower rider, I would expect them to do what he/she thought best. We’re all different.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Organized group – No-one should ever be left to fend for themselves. Maybe a polite word after the ride.

Group of mates/unofficial group – A bit different, but if riding with who I ride with, everyone gets home(or to the car)

So if you were that slow rider and had a mate in the fast group, would you expect him to trundle back to the car park with you?

If I took a mate to a ride I’d be by their side till the pints where on the table.

khani
    Free Member

If I took a mate to a ride I’d be by their side till the pints where on the table

+1 you roll out together, you roll in together, been on both sides of this and that’s the way it is..
    With mates..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Shameful act – north west mtb club’ is closed to new replies.