Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Saying good bye to your best mate
  • the00
    Free Member

Let Wallace know that we all think he’s awesome, and we always shall.

letmetalktomark

A year ago we lost our first dog.

She was a rescue that we had four years and had nursed back from loosing the use of her back legs to being able to run with our other two dogs.

She suddenly got very ill. In the space of 24hrs we had to make the best decision for her. It broke us but we knew it was right.

I held her whilst she was put to sleep.

Stay strong for each other and him.

Sending love.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

We managed to rest all day, then took him up to his favourite spot to walk. It took an age to get round, but we managed some water and treats halfway. I had really mixed feelings, as last time we will probably walk him there, super happy that we’d managed to get him there, but also knowing next time we’d be back would be to scatter his ashes there. However… The sunset and time with him will last in my memory for ever.
    More treats await this week.

w

jree
    Free Member

Snuggling Jarvis harder after reading this as he lies on his back snoring and farting.
    That cartoon made me cry like a baby. Really lovely.
    I’m sad for your loss OP, but I Thi you should take heart that you have your pooch a happy few years. X

asbrooks

Oh man this is just the pits.

Our little girl passed around 3 years ago and I still miss her even though we have another dog which takes up all of our attention.

For me it was probably the most upsetting thing I’ve had to do. I really feel for you.

hot_fiat

That cartoon properly got me. Off out for a walk with mine now.

The last day with my old dog was one of the most difficult I’ve had.

Sending hugs over the ether.

franksinatra

I’m not one for inspirational quotes and all that but two seem quite relevant right now.

– Everyone thinks that their dog is the best dog in the world, and they are all right.

– When thinking about your dog going to sleep, it is better to worry that you did it too early than to worry that you left it too late.

Dogs are awesome.

funkrodent

So sorry to hear this mate. I’ve had to do it three times and never gets any easier. And nor should it, they are a member of the family. The important thing is be upset, be sad, but don’t feel guilty. Your dog has already had the best life ever, extended far beyond what it would have been in the wild by your love and care.

That cartoon made me cry in the waiting room at the dentist which made for an interesting conversation with the receptionist. Funny thing is it is right though. Dogs know when it is time and they’re okay with that. Not unusual for them to head off to a place of peace and slip away.

And as said above, the thing that your dog would want above and beyond would be for you to offer another furry friend a home and a refuge and a pack. They’re all different, but all equally special.

That photo of the sunset seems to have raised the dust levels in my room to an all-time high. God speed

dethbeard
    Free Member

Hit me right in the feels, this thread.

A week is such a long time, and nowhere near long enough.

Have some eHugs from an internet stranger.

montylikesbeer

Dear dear me, so sorry to hear about the lad.

They are precious things and have the ability to iron out the difficult stuff in our lives all for a walk and a bit of scran.

There is not a day does by that i don’t reflect on my mate Monty who went four years ago.

The difficult reflections are now turning to memories of the great times we shared.

Stay strong and give the lad a hug all the way to the end.

Monty says hi by the way

eddiebaby
    Free Member

IMG_0816

Every day I miss the horrible little shit of a dog. 😢

mrwhyte
    Free Member

What a great pic Eddie!

Today’s treat was an ice cream… He loves them.
    " alt="w" />

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Very sad. Sorry to hear that. Lost my collie (my sister, as I am an only child) when I was 17.

Just got a new collie about a month ago 30 years later. 3 months old now. Mad as a mad dog but going to be great. Hang in there.

dovebiker

For every downside of owning dogs there is an upside as it creates another ‘hole’ to fill in your lives – we rehomed Esther 18 months ago as she was completely hyper / destructive. She’s a bundle of energy, took to trail running and biking instantly and will happily curl up on the sofa with you.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Well the time came today. It was the most heart wrenching horrible thing to do, but at the same time know we’d done the right thing. He had a short walk at one of his favourite Spots, even managing a bound.
    He then drifted off, while laying on his bed in the sun. Going to miss him.

dovebiker

Sorry for your loss and hope the heartache of today will soon be replaced by the warm memories of the great pleasure he gave you and the loving home you gave to him.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Saying good bye to your best mate’ is closed to new replies.