Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Sam pilgrim garden build taken down
  • martinhutch

for the Mark guy to complain about it all and then say he was interested in sponsorship for his business from the person he fkd over is off.

Really?

greencroft
    Free Member

Not directly related to the recent goings on in Colchester but one of the more well known cases of someone taking on the planning system and losing … a lot! This guy thought he knew what he was doing and set out to flout the laws as opposed to just being entirely ignorant and/or naive to them but it didn’t end well for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-34585555

reeksy

I know in Norway the councils take aerial photos each year and then check them to see if any new structures have appeared but does that happen in the UK as well?

Going back a few years now, but I know for certain that this is how my local council used to track real caravan numbers versus claimed caravan numbers at coastal caravan parks. They’d get a heap of aerial photographs and spend a day counting them.

kayak23

johnnystorm

Saw that on YT. Tried watching it but it only took 15 seconds to descend into “what is this country coming to if you can’t buy a plot of land and do what you like with it”. I didn’t stay much longer to see of they were able to balance the argument.

andylc
    Free Member

What is the world coming to when you can’t just do whatever you like regardless of planning rules??

Sandwich

Mr Pilgrim has learned that he’s no more special than the next person. In his case an expensive lesson and rather later in life than is normal.

timmys

Thanks for the reminder on why I gave up on the HKT podcast years ago. Apart from when there was someone genuinely intelligent/articulate on (eg. Cy from Cotic), then the stupid was far too high to be listenable.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I didn’t stay much longer to see of they were able to balance the argument.

They didn’t.

kayak23

Thanks for the reminder on why I gave up on the HKT podcast years ago.

Yeah, I’ve only seen this one and can’t say they delved too deeply into the issues to say the least 😂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ukft me, the ignorance is strong with those two.

Were they just flapping their jaws for ‘meeja presence’? it felt like it.

scotroutes

It was worth sticking with the video. It went from “if you buy your own land you should be able to do what you want with it” to “how dare landowners remove unsanctioned trails” without a trace of irony.

Gribs

The title of that video is massively misleading. It’s an excerpt from the podcast where they’ve basically watched his video after someone asked them what they thought. There’s zero balance.

kevog
    Free Member

Same bloke who filmed himself tearing the arse out of local nature reserves on an electric motor bike?

i find it hard to express any sympathy

bikesandboots

Pilgrim is a bellend, no question, after he tore up Landseer park and the bmx track in Ipswich Magura dropped him

Same bloke who filmed himself tearing the arse out of local nature reserves on an electric motor bike?

I see Ergon are still tolerating his antics. What have they (or Magura) got to lose, really, vs. all that exposure he gives them?

nedrapier

It was worth sticking with the video. It went from “if you buy your own land you should be able to do what you want with it” to “how dare landowners remove unsanctioned trails” without a trace of irony.

I agree, it wasn’t a balanced take. They weren’t coming at it from a standing start, though. Sounded like Olly Wilkins was still angry at having him and his mates’ jumps knocked down in their garden under a “change of use” argument, and lumped the two together. Guessing they didn’t have a 20′ scaffolding roll in on theirs either – they seem to have skated over that part. I can see the part about not being able to ride a bike at all in your own garden does seem like over-enforcement, too.

martinhutch

I didn’t stay much longer to see of they were able to balance the argument.

“We’re not going to call out the bloke who wrote the letter”
    “Snitches get Stitches”
    <giggles>

What a couple of absolute throbbers.

dissonance

Sounded like Olly Wilkins was still angry at having him and his mates’ jumps knocked down in their garden under a “change of use” argument,

I did like how they harked by to the golden days before they couldnt build things in their gardens and then mentioned that I assume many years back the same rules were being applied.

sharkattack

I’m just jealous of all these southern rich kids with their massive gardens and private ‘compounds’. I could barely build a Scalextric in my garden.

nickjb
    Free Member

He just need to copy Brendan Fairclough and build use his house as a jump line. The house should already have planning permission.

That said, I believe he is planning to knock the house down anyway

Tim
    Free Member

I can see the part about not being able to ride a bike at all in your own garden does seem like over-enforcement, too.

I suspect that’s more along the lines of ‘you can’t operate your business without change of use’

They can’t stop him riding his bike around his garden, surely?

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Judging by his latest YouTube video it looks like Mr Pilgrim has gone to war with his local council…

…I suspect it won’t end well.

sirromj

What is it that is often said on here, fun is the only metric that counts?

meikle_partans
    Free Member

Sam at it again in his latest video with all the YouTube commenters loving his electric motorbike nonsense.

From the very short bit I watched I reckon potential charges could include:
    S3 RTA careless and inconsiderate driving
    S34 RTA driving other than on a road
    S134 RTA No insurance
    Possibly s87 RTA no licence, don’t know if he has a motorbike licence.
    And also construction and use regulations stuff.

What a plonker and a very poor influence on his viewers. Maybe his next video is going to be about how annoyed he is to have had the local plod round for a chat.

walleater

I think I saw more impressive skillz watching Junior Kickstart in 1983. What a Muppet.

pk13

I’m sure I’m not his demographic but he is comming across as a tool. he is just goading the council with the latest YouTube vid and giveng them the evidence to prosecute I’m sure there is a bylaw or traffic offence he committed on that bike.
    His comments about them pulling down his garden ramps so narnar I’m doing this.
    I’ve seen skate spots pulled down for people using mtcross bikes on then due to “anti social behaviour” wonder how popular he would be if they closed it with the locals… some councils are itching for an excuse

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Surely that’s not him. It must he someone dressed up as him trying to impersonate him and make him look like a complete and utter #%&$%

Surely…

K

Got a suggested video on YouTube of his motorbike, didn’t watch it as it looked like clickbait and no longer wish to give him the views. Actually hope he gets a visit from plod if he is riding it in public areas.

crab
    Free Member

Although I quite like Pilgrim and he certainly has skills, these latest ones are really not on. Mx bike- electric or not- in what looks like a public park is a total dick move. I expect that video won’t be up long…

scotroutes

A “friend” really needs to have a word with him – and perhaps point him in the direction of a counsellor of some sort.

Klunk
    Free Member

Maybe his next video is going to be about how annoyed he is to have had the local plod round for a chat.

hope it’s him watching his motocross bike being put in the crusher.

matt_outandabout

You can only hope that someone close to him as the ability to speak up and tell him some truths.

DrP

Wow..

Myself and my lad quite enjoy watching Pilgrim as he is, as we put it, a few teeth short of a full set.
    Mostly it’s enjoyable, legal, numptyness…
    But…the vid from yesterday is just annoying vandalism. Shredding, burnouts, adn drifting a motorbike in public parks is just rude.

He also seems a bit, erm, simpler of late?
    Genuinely – has he hit his head recently?

DrP

tomhoward

You can only hope that someone close to him as the ability to speak up and tell him some truths.

I suspect that for every one of those there will be 100k likes on social media providing an alternative view.

kayak23

I really like Sam’s channel. He’s an amazing rider and full of positivity.
    He’s done quite a few of these Suuron videos and also the ones on his Cake bike.
    Never keen on them. Defo breaking rule 1.

poah
    Free Member

someone should report him.

windyg
    Free Member

I think it’s been said before a child in an adults body

commencaltr29rider
    Free Member

I usually enjoy his videos but not a fan of the latest. He made a mess of that park, cringeworthy.

desperatebicycle

Yeah, that was like watching some chav posting up a video of him vandalising something. A really cringy watch.

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Sam pilgrim garden build taken down’ is closed to new replies.