Home Forums Chat Forum Sake advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sake advice
  • london_lady
    Free Member

The SO is making sushi for dinner tonight so I offered to go and buy some sake – the thing is I have no idea what to get or how much to spend. Prices range from £3 to £25. What should I be looking for in a decent sake? Should it be served warm or cold?

brant
    Free Member
    finbar
    Free Member

Warm cheap stuff up – it can hide a multitude of sins – but if you’re spending beaucoup cash then leave it cold.

Also i think if you’re having it with food (like, rather than afterwards) you normally have it cold anyway.

tails
    Free Member

I’m sure there is a difference if your japanese and drink it regularly, just like all the whisky snobs on here can tell the difference. But I’d go for ten to twelve quid, It’s not the most amazingly tasty drink. worth trying warm or cold. My japanese friend serves it chilled. Have a good evening :-)

london_lady
    Free Member

From the sakebar website….
    "Also, once you have opened a bottle, we recommend that you finish it quickly."

Pah – no problem there!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

My only advice would be – Dont!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I used to have it with Guinness. Pour a pint of black gold, have a sip. Refill whatever you’ve drunk with sake. Repeat till the liquid is clear. Down the pint in one go then.
    No tomorrow though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sake advice’ is closed to new replies.