Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Sacha Baron Cohen makes a good point
  • pondo

I think the one feeds into the other – if Facebook wasn’t flinging “coming over here, taking our jobs!” into the faces of the right-leaning, I don’t think we’d be in anything like the mess we’re in.

the right to freedom of speech comes with responsibilities

Love it, a much-overlooked point.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That’s the best speech I’ve heard in a decade or more. Certainly the most pressing issue.

Watched it on youtube. Caught self deliberately avoiding reading the YT comments

DezB
    Free Member

He seems to be making the assumption that people are too thick to be able to do this for themselves … that in itself is a scary road to go down.

Is this a new level of political correctness I’ve not experienced before? No people are thick?

Caught self deliberately avoiding reading the YT comments
    Yeah, cos there’s no-one thick commenting on YT.

stanfree
    Free Member

Yup simply outstanding and he has hit the nail on the head , quite disturbing when you think how much power the Sillicone 6 have and arent being taken to task . Well done Sacha.

slowoldman

the right to freedom of speech comes with responsibilities

It’s not just freedom of speech. It’s long been a pet peeve and soapbox issue of mine that too many people whine on about their rights without considering their responsibilities, particularly the responsibility to uphold the rights of others.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Caught self deliberately avoiding reading the YT comments

– Yeah, cos there’s no-one thick commenting on YT.

Maybe didn’t make myself clear (it’s a talent I have!)

ie I could easily predict the tone and content of the ensuing comments under the video, and didn’t look – because tbh I’m feeling too under the weather of late to be reading the endless racist/sexist/conspiracy/shitposts that nowadays follow any criticism of same.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Sacha Baron Cohen makes a good point’ is closed to new replies.