Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • anagallis_arvensis

What offence?

Elbow to face.

Late, committing to a late tackle early doesnt make it on time.

Kryton57

I fear mindmap3 has a point.  If they are not banned or injured, most of the rest of the England elect are playing terrible Rugby.  Leicesters mess yesterday was a nightmare.  that Tuilagi score was luck IMO, he didn’t look fast or fit in the slightest.

I must say I’m less confident of the Autumn internationals and 6N being any kind of RWC prelude than ever before.

Good to see some “unknowns” putting in massive efforts and some good Rugby though!

anagallis_arvensis

Not to worry the Irish are going great!! Potentially second favs for world cup…play a lot of one out bosh, low risk rugby but they are bloody effective. The fact that Beirne isnt a certainty for the match day squad let alone starting 15 says it all. I thought the Carbery was excellent for Munster yesterday too.

Wales look pretty well placed but lack the carriers in their pack to compete at the top table. At least George has had his talentectomy reversed…shame Biggar is getting it now.

Scarlets did OK yesterday but losing Bierne and Barclay as well as Shingler and Davies getting broke has weakened them. The team is set up to attack iff turnovers and without Barclay, Bierne and Davies they dont get many.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bloody good result for Worcester last night away from home against the team second in the Top 14. They also managed to back up last weeks performance which is something that they’ve struggled with in the past.

anagallis_arvensis

Matfield telling it like it is!!

NSFW!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Away win for Cardiff v Lyon..excellent stuff!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Mindmap, even more pleasing was that win was with a completely different 15 to the Bristol roasting. Shillcock was put injured last weekend and he came to see the my lads playing in the landrover cup. Came off the bench on Friday at 68′ and scored. Great stuff.

Reffing this weekend ha been a bit…. Variable ..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Itoje. Bit of a dick.

onehundredthidiot

Big Ian Wright on radio Scotland not impressed with the ref or lack of carding.

duckman

Not suprised, Salaries getting everything. Itoje is a complete cockbag as well.

onehundredthidiot

Peter Wright.

tjagain

Great game the Glasgow / Sarries.  I thought the Sarries defence was fantastic and they hung on as they tired.  Should Glasgow have kicked for the sticks?

Kryton57

I only caught the last 20 – whats happened to the Vunipola’s?   Don’t tell me they’re injured…

anagallis_arvensis

whats happened to the Vunipola’s

Poorly calf for Mako, poorly arm for Billy.

onehundredthidiot

Wow I’m 30 mins into the Glasgow game and sarries should be one man down already.

tjagain

Its a cracker of a game

Pigface
    Free Member

Who did the Ospreys play? Never heard of them.

mate had a great time at Gloucester, Banahan was playing at  8 and lock at times due to so many injuries.

anagallis_arvensis

Who did the Ospreys play? Never heard of them.

Pau wasnt it…pretty well known team.

Dregs played the Timarasu Dragons or something, no idea who they are but some bloke called Umaga scored a try!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Davies tackles ball carrier, maybe ref should have had a second look before giving a pen try and binning Davies!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Big result for Newcastle sneaking past Toulon who stupidly didn’t take the three points on offer at the end.

anagallis_arvensis

Big result for Newcastle

Huge, really pleased for Boudjellal

Stoner
    Free Member

getting really fedup of prem/euro refs allowing defenders off their feet at the ruck. It’s killing the competition at the breakdown. Sarries diving in like loons all match.

anagallis_arvensis

Sarries diving in like loons all match.

Yep. But they’re certainly not the only ones.

I was watching games this weekend thinking that the french and english teams emphasis on size is leading them to tire badly v the pro14 teams. Leinster smashed Wasps. Ulster beat Leicester. Munster seemed to keep running better than the massive Exeter pack, whilst Sarries visibly wilted but managed to hang on. Meanwhile Cardiff played with 3 7’s in the backrow and held out over the huge Lyon pack. In addition how can Olly Robinson not get in a Premier team and could he do a job for England.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh Pau, why were the Ospreys calling them Section Paloise Béarn Pyrénées on Facebook?

mefty
    Free Member

Oh Pau, why were the Ospreys calling them Section Paloise Béarn Pyrénées on Facebook?

That is their full name, many French clubs have long full names.

Pigface
    Free Member

Everyday is a school day 😀

Kryton57

Farrell has a knock, Itoje and George with broken noses.  I guess they’ll be ok, but blimey England are being decimated.

Still, Cips is playing well…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Billy has hurt the other arm, hopefully it’s just a bang and will sort itself out quickly. If not Jones will probably play the unstoppable Robshaw at eight given that Hughes will be banned and Simmonds is bust.

Kryton57
    mindmap3
    Free Member

Billy V has broken his left arm now and is out for 12 weeks…

We have no No8’s in the squad now…will Jones swallow his pride and recal Morgan or will he go with Mercer or just play one of his favs out of position?

Stoner
    Free Member

Morgan had an excellent game v castre at the weekend. And Eddie was there.

Kryton57

…and has been in the press bigging himself up.

IMO, Eddie’s got a get out of jail free card here, “well, with the amount of 1st team players injured….”

duckman

Robshaw will do it…Or the Hask.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys tries here. That left winger is rapid!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ospreysrugby/videos/2218013488272723/

mindmap3
    Free Member

Robshaw will do it…Or the Hask.

Please god no; he’s piss poor at carrying the ball, doesn’t play 8 and seems to be on a downward slide.

Morgan is a funny player; never looks great a club level but always seemed to play well for England. Plus he’s not been flogged to death like he current squad.

anagallis_arvensis

Just seen Ashley Beck broke his leg playing for Worcester, shit that bloke has had the worst luck with injuries. He’d have had 50 caps for Wales by now if his body had held out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That left winger is rapid

Yep. And the big lump on the other side of the pitch seems to be enjoying his rugby as well.

anagallis_arvensis

He’s scoring for fun is George which is great to see. At the end of the video he comes in tobgive Morgan and Giles a hug and is three times bigger than both of them put together!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😁

Tom-B
    Free Member

I can’t see Morgan playing. I’d go with Mercer, Jones will likely chuck Robshaw or Haskell there with Itoje or Lawes at 6…..which means that Tom Curry is going to have to do a ridiculous amount of breakdown work!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.