Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Worcester 7 tries!

bst afternoon Ive had at Sixways since we beat Bris in the play off. Had loads of kids from my U12 side around me too.

Am tired and emotional now. ANd am supposed to be flying to Glasgow first thing tomorrow so will have to take msyefl off to bed now. *hic* RRRRAAAAAAGAGGGHHHHHHHHH!

tinybits
    Free Member

TJ – yes I believe so

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Still not the worst thing Olding has done, but…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Yup TJ, Weir was at ten. He’s playing really well for Worcester and seems to be a very good signing. He kicks pretty well too, which is nice given how poor Worcester’s tens usually are!

Kryton – alright it didn’t come off the post, but it still shows why every kick should be chased.

tjagain

I am so pleased for Weir.  He was beginning to look like one of those players that would never fufill his potential.  Playing like that he could force his way back into the Scotland camp.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hughes has been cited for punching Ludlow in the head so may well miss the autumn internationals given that he’s likely to be hit with six weeks with not much room form reduction given that he’s been banned for striking before. Let’s hope Billy stays fit with Simmonds broken.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Faletau has a broken arm which means that he’ll probably miss some of the AI’s.

anagallis_arvensis

Just when it was all looking quite good for Wales ffs. He never got injured at the Dregs but Bath keep breaking him. Should head back across the river!!

One injury away from an all 7 backrow. Tips, Navidi and Jenkins….might not work v big SA lumps!!!!

Still George North looks to be back on form at having the Englandshire talentectomy reversed.

onehundredthidiot

English clubs not releasing SA players and I presume under the same rules not releasing England players.

anagallis_arvensis

English players can be released happens with the welsh!

Kryton57

English clubs not releasing SA players and I presume under the same rules not releasing England players.

Now, I wondered that… whats the score there with English players?  Is it optional or a given?

tinybits
    Free Member

I believe they are different, not sure how it works but certainly Northampton and Bath were fined by RFU/Premiership rugby(?) for releasing thier Welsh players outside the test window, so the clubs are doing what they have to do, although the rules do seem odd….

tinybits
    Free Member

Although having looked at it, I can only find where Wales have played outside the international window therefor preventing release. How the English players get released is a mystery to me!

anagallis_arvensis

How the English players get released is a mystery to me!

Contract between RFU and Clubs. RFU pay clubs WRU dont have a contract with clubs.

anagallis_arvensis

3 weeks ban!!

anagallis_arvensis

5 weeks for comparison

https://youtu.be/OZX9DYnAOvA

Its a broken system.

Pigface
    Free Member

Did Hughes really tweet that his disciplinary panel was a joke whilst being in the panel 😂 oh I do hope so.

mindmap3
    Free Member

His hearing had been postponed had it not? No real reason given why. Ludlow (who he punched) has been banned for four weeks for stamping in Daily.

edit; just read that it looks like he is, hence the delay. What nobber.

Wasps look like they’re going to get dicked at the weekend; no Hughes, Robson or Launchbury and Leinster have picked a strong side.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Leinster.

A bit good, aren’t they?

mindmap3
    Free Member

They looked effortless; doubt they got out of third gear because Wasps were utter shit, not making a single line break and only getting into the oppo 22 once in 80 minutes!

Looks like another good year for Irish rugby.

anagallis_arvensis

Leinster.

A bit good, aren’t they?

I switched off at half time. **** me they are boring.

tjagain

Wish me luck chaps.  I cannot see any way of us beating montpellier and I fear a real cuffing

tjagain

Anyone give Glasgow a chance against Sarries?  This will be a big test for Hastings.  Hard to see Glasgow winning it really even at home.

BruceWee

Nope.

I think we’re going to get run over the top of pretty much everywhere.  Our main hope is a high turnover percentage at the breakdown but you look at our backrow and I just don’t see anyone likely to do a John Barclay, and I doubt the ref would allow it anyway.  Saying that, we also have Dunbar and Brown who are known to cause opposition problems at the breakdown.

Without forward momentum Hastings and Price aren’t going to be able to do what the need to do to keep defences guessing.

Saying that, the odds are 3/1 at the moment.  That’s a better chance than I would give them.  Maybe I’m missing something.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Burns having a shocker for Bath; miss a fair few kicks and the ball knocked out of his hand early celebrating early for the winning try…Jesus. What he didn’t just dot it down is beyond me.

anagallis_arvensis

Freddie Burns, everything he touched turned to shit then he misses an easy kick to win it and then drops the ball over the line celebrating early. What a ****!

IdleJon

Freddie Burns, everything he touched turned to shit then he misses an easy kick to win it and then drops the ball over the line celebrating early. What a ****!

😂

And they’ve got Priestland as well. God help them.

anagallis_arvensis

Priestland wont know what to do if he’s not the main scape goat!!

tjagain

Edinburgh with a battling losing bonus point and had chances to win the game – which they blew in cackhanded marrer

Not the cuffing I feared

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

An away win would have been nice but great defence at the end by Munster to get the draw at Exeter. I should think they’ll be easy pickings, as premiership clubs normally are, at Thomond Park. Heart in mouth stuff when Carbery hardly tickled the clearance from around his 22ish and it still bounced over the dead ball line to gift Exeter a chance to win it at the death.

Here’s some terribly boring stuff from a prop who plays for Leinster.

anagallis_arvensis

Gutted

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And Ulster put another premiership club to the sword.

To be fair, it was only Leicester. I think it’s about time for some suggested rule changes to the ECC from the English Premiership. Or is it too soon for that?

mindmap3
    Free Member

We’ve done ok in the Challenge Cup. Maybe that’s the English level?

The worry is the lack of shots fired by either Wasps or Tigers given that they contain the likes of Daly, Ford, Youngs etc. Looks like another shit year for us in Europe / 6N. Joy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Taking Burns off just after that felt cruel.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Thinking about it, the English teams are pretty much the new version of the Italian teams of old; a guaranteed four points and more than. Likely five points!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stade Français 27 – 38 Wuss

Stoner is going to be even more insufferable.

Once he’s finished spooning with hunky bears in the woods, that is.

anagallis_arvensis

How this wasnt a pen at the very least I have no idea.

tjagain

What offence?  You are allowed to try to charge down kicks and he was in the air as the ball was kicked

anagallis_arvensis

Too good not to nick and post.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.