Viewing 30 posts - 2,161 through 2,190 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

Andrew Brace tonight “9 cant kick the ball back in the ruck” tmo ” are you happy it was out though” Brace “doesn’t matter he cant kick it back in” tmo ” so are you sure it was out” Brace “he cant kick it back in”.

duckman

Scotland squad announced today, great idea picking and hopefully capping Ashman from under the neighbours noses…but Javan Sebastian and Sione Tuipolotu? Second guy is an Austrailian who plays in the J league…what the actual?

anagallis_arvensis

Javan Sebastian

I know he doesn’t look like he should be but he’s actually a pretty decent player. If he go properly fit he might be a useful option. I will be disappointed to see him go elsewhere and it will be an arse if he gets regularly called up. On the other hand I am delighted for him and wish him all the best best. He’s an honest to goodness 100% effort player.

onehundredthidiot

Saw an article where wasps DoR was commenting that there were players now raising high hits with over acting.
    Easy to get round if you’ve been hit hard enough to warrant a bit of ref appealing then you should probably have a compulsory hia. Obviously the offender is dealt with through the protocol.

anagallis_arvensis

wasps DoR was commenting that there were players now raising high hits with over acting.
    Easy to get round if you’ve been hit hard enough to warrant a bit of ref appealing then you should probably have a compulsory hia. Obviously the offender is dealt with through the protocol.

More easily solved by not hitting high.

bob_summers

NRL at the weekend was absolutely mad with a supposed crackdown on high contact, or at least I couldn’t figure out why some players got binned for it and others not. Jack Hetherington first game back from a ban, went high twice in the first 3 mins against Penrith, stayed on the pitch.

onehundredthidiot

a_a yes but I think that he was highlighting the reaction at rucks when a bit of play acting may be involved.

anagallis_arvensis

a_a yes but I think that he was highlighting the reaction at rucks when a bit of play acting may be involved.

Same argument applies, don’t hit high. It’s bullshit to blame the victim for not being tough enough. If play acting is involved then someone needs to wake up the bloody tmo’s as they only seem to act if someone stays down.

onehundredthidiot

Ok the comments seemed to be about blatant cheating where a legal clear out has taken place but the losing player calls a high shot to the ref. But being a for he can’t point fingers.
    Whereas in open play most players play through the contact and the ref team go through protocol. Mind you some of the whiplash action from shoulder to shoulder contact looks like it would cause some sort of damage.

peteimpreza

Lions team for Saturday vs Japan

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Murray; Sutherland, Owens, Fagerson, Henderson, AW Jones (c), Beirne, H Watson, Conan

Replacements: George, W Jones, Furlong, Lawes, Faletau, Price, Farrell, A Watson.

peteimpreza

And Tuilagi is broken ……again………

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57566417

anagallis_arvensis

I started a thread for Lions

onehundredthidiot

Surprised he’s not taking biscuits to a citing.

bob_summers

Tips for watching Origin tomorrow on a campsite in N Spain?!

Seriously though- any kids’ coaches on here? My 8yo did the last couple of sessions of the season with our local RC. He showed the same kind of aptitude as I did back then ie very little but wants to start in September.

What kind of stuff should we practice over summer? Currently tossing and kicking a ball around the mostly deserted campsite but feel like this might be an opportunity to nail something he’ll need in Sept. Ideas?

thols2

tjagain

I enjoyed the Exeter / Quins game. Exeter are my english team to follow but I could not begrudge quins the win for determination and entertainment. Best final of any sort for ages

tjagain

Poor Tom Youngs tho – he is for ever going to be known for that 🙂 Its a bit of a niche tho

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What kind of stuff should we practice over summer? Currently tossing and kicking a ball around the mostly deserted campsite but feel like this might be an opportunity to nail something he’ll need in Sept. Ideas?

He won’t be kicking anything for a while yet. So, mainly catching and passing. Nearly all of the skills coaching for youngsters (and even oldsters now…) is game-based. Drills show a short spike in learning but it tails off quickly too. Games based is slower but more progressive.

But as it’s only two of you, you’ll struggle to make a “game.” 😀

So just thinking…

Passing side-on both directions;
    Jazz hands for catching (youngsters tend to hold their hands facing up which means a misplaced pass can end up with a sore nose or undercarriage!) – you might have to misplace a few soft ones to get him to learn;
    Always two hands on the ball when running;
    If he’s 8, he’ll be going into a little bit of contact, not till Jan 2022 now, though coaches might start preparing them. My 8s are dying to start taking one another down. 😂 I’d leave this to the coaches, but you can teach him the “tower of power” and getting low to tackle you and cheek to cheek, ie his cheek on the tackled players bum cheek. Let the coaches teach them about falling etc.

The RFU have a YouTube channel with all their recommended games.

Get him a size 3 “grippy” ball for messing about. When brand new, they almost literally stick to your hands.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’m not sure how many of the Wales team read this thread, but congratulations to Leigh Halfpenny on his 100th Wales cap today. Exceptional player and appears to be a lovely bloke.

onehundredthidiot

Ooft the Japanese second try was close. Looks flat they looked at 10s hand angles but not his direction of running.

thols2

I enjoyed that Japan-Ireland game. Great to see Japan looking like a solid Tier 1 team now. I don’t think any side in the world will assume they are easy-beats any more.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Damn 1/2p : (

gauss1777
    Free Member

Argentina v Wales good game so far. Fairly even. Wales perhaps trying to throw it around too much, too quickly.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Argentina v Wales disappointing game in the end. It looked promising in the first ten minutes.

Tomos Williams looking very good.

tjagain

I quite enjoyed the second half – a dogged battle from Argentina and some good attack from wales. A lot of up the jumper stodge tho

DezB
    Free Member

Oz v France 3rd test… they lost a winger who screwed the first tackle of the game, then a short time later..

Successful play-acting? “No mitigation?”…. Koroibete is about a foot shorter than the French player!

tjagain

shoulder direct to head with force. red card. Any mitigation? No ( french guy does not dip significantly. remains red card

completely in line with the laws and guidance. Clear cut red.

DezB
    Free Member

French player is so obviously dipping. Should’ve been yellow at most.
    Wallabies won anyway, thankfully.

ps. won’t argue beyond disagreeing, cos you’re always right, obviously. But if knees bent, waist bent and shoulder tucked down isn’t dipping I don’t know what is.

onehundredthidiot

I watched the second test and France, although they won, got absolutely nothing from the ref. Rucks were being hit illegally and the offside line was near enough the stand off.

tjagain

DezB – look at the picture and compare his ghead height to the player on the rights elbow – dip is an inch or two at most.

Irrelevant anyway if the tackle is too high. go and look up the laws and the guidence. thats a stone wall red card under the laws

Viewing 30 posts - 2,161 through 2,190 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.