Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • peteimpreza

As the new Premiership seasons kicks off this evening time for a new thread.

I’ll start with a quick note about two old Worcester players.

Cecil Duckworth passed recently , he was key in getting Worcester to where they are now and was a long standing servant both to the club and the local community.

Also one of his old 1st team mates, my father , passed on the 27th October. We have his funeral on the 23rd.

RIP to them both and hopefully they are chucking a ball about some where much nicer.

Whats going to happen this season?

Will it even get to the end?

Exeter for the English premiership?

France for the Six Nations?

England in the group of deaths for the World cup.

chrispoffer

RIP to the Worcester boys.

I’m looking forward to the new season. My team (Falcons) are back into the top flight although as we’ve just lost Sinoti Sinoti I don’t really fancy our chances so much. I’ve been struggling over the last few weeks watching the internationals – I’m not a fan of the atmosphere without a crowd! I will be watching BT Sport on Saturday to see them play Bath at the Rec, hoping we can pull off a result like we did at the start of the 97/98 season, won our first game away and went on to win the Premiership! Unlikely I know but I hold onto the possibility however distant. And I cling on to the fact that we’ve won our last 3 against Bath too.

I think Exeter have to be favourites but I’ve got a soft spot for Bristol, Pat Lam was a great player for us and I think he makes a fantastic coach.

loum
    Free Member

Love Pat Lam too.
    Ireland should never have let him go, was doing great things at Connacht, and if he can make them champions he can do it for Bristol too. Eventually.
    Think the condensed season, and covid absences/injuries will play a big part – squads rather than best 15/23 will be the winners. Exeter are more established on that front so think they’ll still take it this year, but Bristol soon – unless Ireland get him back.
    France for the next WC, think they’ll be building to that and experimenting so they’ll loose the odd 6 Nations game but it won’t matter as much to them, not the big goal.
    England strong already, and starting to really take advantage of their player depth. Any injuries seem to be covered by quality back ups now.
    Scotland better than they have been for a while.
    Wales rebuilding – but is pivac the right coach or is he their David Moyes?
    Ireland rebuilding too. Farrell six games in and handing out a lot of new caps. James Ryan new captain tomorrow – gets Twickenham away on a three game losing streak for his first test.
    Good experience for three years time if they stick with this, hope they do.
    Maybe leinster for a trophy? Always enjoy the games during international season as you start to see the youngsters coming through . Penny, Baird, and kelleher look like the next generation could be better than the current.

And thanks for starting this Pete.
    And rip to the Worcester boys.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IdleJon

Al

so one of his old 1st team mates, my father , passed on the 27th October. We have his funeral on the 23rd.

RIP to them both and hopefully they are chucking a ball about some where much nicer.

Sorry to hear that. Swansea RFC once had a minute’s silence for my father’s cousin – it was odd standing on the terrace for someone I knew. Thoughts are with you.

anagallis_arvensis

Thanks for starting a new thread, sorry to hear about your father. Worcester were always a great club. Played them loads when I was a kid as I played for Bromsgrove.

Quite excited about this new look Wales team for Georgia, really want to see how the backs go. Not sure any of them can tackle though, have to see.
    TJ is going to blow a gasket when Zammit is picked for the Lions over Graham and Van Der Whatsit 😜😜😜😆

rhys
    Free Member

I’m shitting bricks about the Georgia match😳

anagallis_arvensis

I’m shitting bricks about the Georgia match😳

I’m focussing on the new players Zammit, Sheey, Ioan Lloyd, Botham, Hardy, Johnny Williams, Seb Davies getting another go. Its exciting…..till kick off…..then I’ll be shitting it like you!!

duckman

I can see why AA! the battle of who are top dogs in tier 2.

Genuinely sniggering as I wait for the reply.

anagallis_arvensis

I can see why AA! the battle of who are top dogs in tier 2.

Luckily Pivac19 has been clever enough to choose a team full of kids so we have a good excuse when we lose!

peteimpreza

Convincing win by Exeter last night!

tjagain

Another great game this morning – Argies v crims

I suspect Scotland will get a cuffing from France. No Entamack means we win the battle of the hair at 10 but even with wee Dunkies strange growth I fear this France team will be out for revenge and will be too much. Should be a high scoring game

anagallis_arvensis

On paper France look too strong but they often dont travel well.

Ireland England could be good. Think England will be too much for Ireland but then again, Ireland will have to get out of second gear unlike last week. I’d be worried about POM at 7, what does he offer there these days apart from an angry face?

anagallis_arvensis

Just noticed Darcey TJ’s Lovechild Graham has been dropped from the 23!!! His Lions credentials take an early blow!!

mefty
    Free Member

Bit depressing driving through Twickenham having picked up my daughter from sport, no discernible evidence of an international about to be played in a few hours.

dantsw13

Loving the French women’s back play against England.

tjagain

Aa
    Rotation dear boy. When you have to find a place for King Blairhorn

anagallis_arvensis

Rotation dear boy.

Rotated right out the 23 😆😆😆😆

loum
    Free Member

Pom isn’t a 7 at all.
    Stander can do a decent job there, tackles, jackals, works hard. Think he’ll do the bulk of the work as always.
    Connors on the bench is a 7 too, 15 tackles a game style.

Pom is in to “guide” Ryan. That’s about it. And lineout for the 22y old hooker.

theotherjonv

Pom is in to “guide” Ryan. That’s about it. And lineout for the 22y old hooker.

Hmmm, that’s not going great so far.

anagallis_arvensis

I advise all the welsh players to pull a hammy this week!!

Kryton57

Johnny May!  What a Try!

peterno51

Anyone else suffering poor video playback on Amazon Video. I’m on Vodafone BB, Speedtest shows 100 down whilst watching and restarted the Amazon Fire, but still poor quality.

Hurumph.

anagallis_arvensis

Its fine on c4. The English cheer leader women is bloody annoying though!

anagallis_arvensis

Tackler releasing is clearly out of fashion!

anagallis_arvensis

Clearly only the irish tacklers must releae!

peterno51

Cheers AA, didn’t realise it was on C4, much better!

Another reason to sack of Amazon Prime next month.

anagallis_arvensis

Took the dog for a walk second, didnt miss much apparently.

duckman

England are powerful though! Too strong for the home nations just now but sooner or later they will meet the saffers in a final. Can’t see them loosing the prime cup or whatever its called.

anagallis_arvensis

Oh great, pissing down for Wales game just what our shite pack and exciting backs wanted…..

England are powerful though! Too strong for the home nations just now

Yep, France may give them a game though.

peteimpreza

France will definitely give England a game!.

Worcesters squeezed out a 1 point win today and Newcastle won on thei return to the Premiership.

Nice to see Zammit it playing and getting a try.

anagallis_arvensis

Zammit had a nice run and offload to Tipuric who was then knocked out by a punch.

I dont like to criticise refs 😜😜😜😜 but he was shite. Almost every scrum ended in a pen or free kick.

Two shite games of rugby today, its like watching greco roman wrestling with the odd try. At least May scored a very nice try, was it Farrel he went round at the start?

duckman

Miss the days when my reward for dragging nearly 17 stone to a tackle was a free shot on an already stationary opponent. The Georgian was about a foot from the ball, what was the issue?

anagallis_arvensis

The Georgian was about a foot from the ball, what was the issue?

Are you talking about the Tipuric incident? Copped him right on the chin with a swinging arm punch.

tjagain

shoulder and forearm but then………………..

tjagain

The referees worked through the process and arrived at the right decision under the laws

dantsw13

Agreed. If Tipuric wasn’t dropping in the tackle then the arm is just wrapping in the tackle.

anagallis_arvensis

You reckon? the bloke can see Tips is falling and the bloke that chins him is never in a position to do anything but hit him, that guys shoulder was nowhere near and after the yellow carded man is nowhere near the tackle, hes gone past. The mitigation for a dropping player is not for when someone else tackles him and you are just rushing in for a cheap shot with a straight arm, its a classic Owen Frallelesq cheap shot.

Agreed. If Tipuric wasn’t dropping in the tackle

True, but Tipuric wasnt dropping in the tackle he was being tackled, that is entirely predictable and crucially in this case the player has a clear line of sight to see the player is being tackled and dropping in that case mitigation should not be applied.

anagallis_arvensis

If that doesnt work try 2.50 into this:

Kryton57

Owen Frallelesq cheap shot.

Talking of which, did anyone notice Farrell no arms shoulder barge in disguise this weekend?  He just can’t help himself.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.