Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,151 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • Premier Icon onehundredthidiot

Times article reads that he’s not happy. “I chased the club for weeks about a new contract and when they finally brought me in for a meeting, it lasted four minutes” admitting to crying in the carpark.
    I know clubs won’t throw good money at players who are not worth it and although he’s in form how many years has he left? He’d be pretty inspiring to the youth set up at quins.
    It does seem to be his choice.

Premier Icon duckman

Fair enough, article I saw didn’t have that much detail.

Premier Icon anagallis_arvensis

Tempted to put up that interview vid and laugh, but the intolerable **** is growing on me when I’ve seen him interviewed recently… Good luck to him at Newcastle, I suppose he is like an English Loopy Liam, clearly a bit of a ****, but driven by his competitive streak which is what has helped make him the player he is…

Premier Icon duckman

He could still start a fight in an empty room though. A couple of weeks ago he was offering the entire opposition pack out to the carpark; I think somebody had stopped a quick throw in…

Exeter beaten at home by Leinster…that’s some result!!!

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot

Is toonie to get free attacking reign or will garland impose his ideas? Really Russell or Farrell?

Premier Icon loum
    Free Member

loum
    Free Member
    …Leinster through to play Exeter or Lyon next week. There’s a lot of support for Simmonds as lion , could be interesting cos Conan is a very similar style of fast open field 8. Did well with his try and assist v England too.

Still a lot to play for in the club game for many teams,

Posted 1 week ago

Conan won this one too.
    Vdf and kelleher looked a class above too.

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

That’s one Scotsman on the plane then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56704069

Premier Icon loum
    Free Member

Weirdest results in the all French Heineken quarters today

24-21
    21-12

All penalties

Premier Icon ElVino

Leinster / Exeter game was an interesting one for Lions selection, not necessarily all positive from an Irish point of view as Sexton possible reinforced his injury record. I thought Luke Cowan Dickie was very poor, Hogg & Thomas Francis also struggled. Although the latter 2 have credit in the bank. On the Leinster side Kelleher did his chances of touring no harm and maybe Van Der Flier might also have booked a seat

Hogg & Thomas Francis also struggled.

Yeah well one is amongst the very best in the world the other other is an honest trier but not really that good. Both have shit hair.

Van Der Flier

Him, Tipuric, Curry, Watson…pick 2, tough call

Premier Icon Kryton57

Watson said to be “too small” for SA. But they said similar about a certain Mr Back.

Premier Icon duckman

Kryton57
    Watson said to be “too small” for SA. But they said similar about a certain Mr Back.

I was stud counter at at Edinburgh game a few years ago, stood beside him as he went back on from an enforced rest. I am just under 6″3″ so in theory am just over an inch taller than his claimed 6″1″ I would be suprised if he is much over 5″10″ Completely square though, looks like a flesh cube with a mullet.

Looks like North could well be out of Lions contention, frees up space for an extra token Scot I suppose.

Premier Icon tjagain

North needs to retire before his brain turns completely to mush

North needs to retire before his brain turns completely to mush

Given he has a knee injury, that’s a strange thing to say, bordering on a disgrace. I’m sure he has had better advice on his health than you.

Premier Icon tjagain

Its out of concern for him. too many head knocks / concussion. It makes me wince everytime I see him play.

What about Blade Thompson, many have been worse than North

Premier Icon tjagain

Aye – he is not the only one but I genuinely am concerned for his future. Denton retired after too many head knocks and he is not the only one.

Premier Icon Bear
    Free Member

TJ – any game of rugby is worrying, to single North out with an injury that had nothing to do with this incident is bonkers.

Didn’t look good as he went down when there was no contact with anyone, feel sorry for him as he has been playing very well lately and looks fit, keen and liking his rugby.

Premier Icon tjagain

sorry – it was just my first thought.

I’m with TJ on this one. I’m surprised North came back after his last series of concussions. Watching last two weeks premiership games still a few players taking a bang looking dazed giving a head shake then piling back in. I know as a player you want to play on but you need someone to look out for you.
    But who’s going to form an independent group who will assess players purely for brain injuries and potentially end their careers? Clubs/leagues/nations and players would fight you if you said “that’s it” but on the other hand we have players taking the unions to task/court over not doing enough to protect them.

Premier Icon tjagain

Ruddy ‘eck – what is going on the the “rainbow cup”? Benetton gave Glasgow a humping yesterday and Dragons gave Scarlets one today!

Ruddy ‘eck – what is going on the the “rainbow cup”

No one really gives a shit. Dragon’s had a much stronger team out than Scarlets. Rio Dyer is officially bloody quick!!!

North confirmed out of Lions with ruptured ACL 😟

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

North confirmed out of Lions with ruptured ACL 😟

Launchbury same.

Premier Icon tjagain

Shit

Esterhuizen banned again. Likes a strike to the head/face.

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

So how much of a rumpus will there be, if Marcus Smith goes on the Lions Tour and Finn Russell does not?

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

Thursday I think. Not long now. Surely it can’t be as contentious as in 2017? 😂

Premier Icon tjagain

So how much of a rumpus will there be, if Marcus Smith goes on the Lions Tour and Finn Russell does not?

Not a huge amount I would think. Most of us realise Finns foibles do not necessarily make him the best candidate for the lions. I’ll me more cross if Farrell goes instead.

Premier Icon duckman

I would be more annoyed if Itoje was captain as some sections of the English media are pushing. Test starter he will be,but all he does is celebrate penalties in other players face. And then winges when he gets his nose broken for it…looking at YOU Glasgow rugby.

Premier Icon tjagain

Duckman – to give him his due he did not whinge after that match by my memory. 🙂 I think anyone would get a bit miffed if they had Ryan Wilson in their face all game

Premier Icon Kryton57

I think North’s injury possibly pushes Farrel into greater contention, there will be different 10’s for midweek/weekend games. But I can’t see Russell and Farrell being on the pitch at the same time, they’ll just be an argument. Advantage Farrel for the weekend perhaps, they need a bit of solidity and beligerance.

AWJ almost certain for Captain I’d say, and on the basis of the above perhaps Farrell Captain mid week.

It does make me laugh that Youngs withdrawal was kind of met with a “so what” shrug of the shoulders; I suspect only a minority saw him as the Lions SH anyway. Itoje, Curry, Watson and Farrell and Sinckler the only England players to go I suspect.

Premier Icon duckman

The only reason Farrell should even be getting talked about is his ability to play 2 positions. George might sneak onto the plane but he hasn’t been especially good this season. Come to think of it, Itoje has had one good game.

Duckman – to give him his due he did not whinge after that match by my memory

He did,was asked about slapping all the Glasgow players backs when Salaries got a penalty and immediately complained about his nose. I quite like the idea that people can still get sorted out even with all the camera angles etc, even though it was actually Jones that did it.

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

sorted out

It obviously worked as:
    a) Itoje finished the game
    b) Salaries won

The week after Itoje put in his best performance of 2018 when they beat Lyon.

Premier Icon duckman

Yawn.

AWJ captain

Premier Icon duckman

He would/will be a fantastic captain, but is he still better on the pitch than Henderson and Beirne? Itoje will start, that makes it a real fight for him. I picked Henderson as lock in front of him,because I want the Lions to run the legs off them but I could see AWJ doing 50 mins. I like a bit of a fairy story in my lions squad (Tom Smith, Bentley,Greenwood) so seeing him lead out the team wouldn’t be the end of the world….Unless that test is at altitude.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.