Home Forums Chat Forum Rudy Juliani – Oh dear!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Rudy Juliani – Oh dear!
  • thols2

Trump’s going to have to bail him out or he’ll flip because he can’t afford to keep fighting.

oldnpastit

Does that mean the 100k/seat fund raising dinner was not that well attended?

I was planning to go but I was waxing my chain that night.

jamj1974

Rudy Juliani – Oh dear!

Is t that what the midwife and/or obstetrician said when he was born?

frankconway

When is the second trump hosted fund raiser taking place and how much did the first generate?

oldnpastit

Trial seems to be wrapping up. This is only to determine damages – he’s already been found liable.

Maybe he can sell a few more pardons if Trump gets back in.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

You know, I’m very happy to take the piss out of Giuliani, but that TV coverage is just shoddy and pandering. It’s not good when journalists wheel out hacks just because they think the audience will enjoy their insults. Calling Giuliani a deadbeat etc is just a bit…grubby. it’s like eating a bowl of whipped cream from a can. You enjoyed it in the moment but it leaves you feeling a bit shabby…

politecameraaction
    Free Member

I mean, MSNBC is just mirror-inage Fox now

MSP

Another brick in the wall.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67723332

I wonder if he will ever pay a penny, or just use the Alex Jones delaying and obfuscation tactics. At what point does not paying court ordered compensation become an imprisonable offence.

grahamt1980

Fingers crossed he has to pay up every penny. But only after he gets locked up for refusing first

Poopscoop

Ouch!

Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay more than $148m over false election claims

vlad_the_invader

Hopefully, the threat of such punitive damages will stop some of the shit Trump and GOP have been peddling, but there’s gonna be a lot of crys about infringing their First Amendment rights…

MSP

It might seem like a lot of money, but the story of the women he maliciously and falsely accused is quite horrendous. IMO he without doubt put them in serious jeopardy of being murdered by the hate he promoted.
    The damage, danger and fear created by the likes of him and Jones can be far worse than a physical attack, IMO there is a real weakness in the law that allows them to only be prosecuted through a civil case. His victims experienced genuine life altering persecution and feared for their lives over a prolonged period of time, he should be in prison for his actions.

frankconway

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

I have no problem with journos lining up to give rudy a kicking as it’s fully deserved.
    It’s not as if he’s done anything praiseworthy since 9/11.

He could have been one of the greats – but completely blew it.
    He will not be remembered for his work as federal prosecutor for SDNY and his NYC mayoralty including 9/11.

As for the damages award, I cannot see him paying much unless he has multi millions stashed away which the prosecutors can find and access.
    It’s a very strong message and may cause trump to think long and hard – another brick and all that.

maccruiskeen

Hopefully, the threat of such punitive damages will stop some of the shit Trump and GOP have been peddling

Bit late as a deterrent – they’ve already peddled it. So it’s just a matter of time until others that have been the victim of all this bring their own cases. There will be hundreds of people who could bring similar cases. Theres going to be cases like this going on for years.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Giuliani wasn’t even a good mayor: he surfed the wave of an improving US economy, a fresh wave of immigration, and an aging population that reduced crime – none of that was his work. Broken windows policing started before him. He defrauded the city. His right hand mam Bernie Kerik was totally bent. He relentlessly and viciously defended the NYPD when they killed people for no good reason.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/09/26/was-rudy-giuliani-always-so-awful

MoreCashThanDash

Filing for bankruptcy…

BBC News – Rudy Giuliani files for bankruptcy after $148m defamation verdict
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67796546

pk13

US news saying it won’t help much as the bankruptcy law will not protect him as his demise was willfull and not bad business.

Lots more court cases coming his way too

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Rudy Giuliani files for bankruptcy after $148m defamation verdict

Thoughts and prayers, Rudi. Still, I bet your best mate who’s a billionaire will be along any second to take care of you…

thols2

Apparently he has assets of $10 million and debts of $500 million.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

How did he manage to dissipate all that unbelievable consulting money he made after 9/11? People were throwing money at him, even though he knew nothing about geopolitics and presided over the second greatest failure in geopolitical analysis.

thols2

How did he manage to dissipate all that unbelievable consulting money he made after 9/11?

CountZero

CountZero

Trump’s going to have to bail him out or he’ll flip because he can’t afford to keep fighting.

After Drumph stiffed a series of his own lawyers, baling out a loser like Giuliani really isn’t going to look good. Like he gives a shit, but anyway…

mattyfez

Yeah.. I can’t see trump bailing Guilaiani out.. Even if he had the amount of liquid cash required to do so. Which I doubt.

The whole thing is a house of cards, and Trump has form for throwing people under the bus when they are no longer usefull.

You’d think Rudy would be well aware of that, maybe that’s why he’s gone for the bankrupt route, it’s probably the path of least resistance for him, damage limitation, etc.

thols2

I’m starting to wonder if Rudy isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer.

https://x.com/TheScottCharles/status/1791805672528523502

mattyfez

Kinda strange really as he was credited with taking down a lot of the New York mafia back in the day, which is a hell of a thing to have on your CV.

I guess it goes to show that nobody is incorruptible or can fall victim to thier own greed/ego.

matt_outandabout

Please tell me the indictment was served up in a birthday card, cake or some such similar gag…

MoreCashThanDash

Some court bailiff jumping out of the cake shouting “Surprise!”

matt_outandabout

Some court bailiff jumping out of the cake shouting “Surprise!”

And then, as the official leaves they took a slice of cake…

funkrodent

Kinda strange really as he was credited with taking down a lot of the New York mafia back in the day, which is a hell of a thing to have on your CV.

I guess it goes to show that nobody is incorruptible or can fall victim to thier own greed/ego.

Rudy was at the heart of the attempts to blackmail Ukraine. He knows some very dodgy Ukrainians and Russians. There is a theory that he aligned with the Eastern European / Russian crime gangs. They gave him a lot of the inside info he needed to make serious inroads into the “Italian” mafia in NY. Of course when the bosses are banged up and their crews in disarray, the Russian/Ukrainian/Eastern European mobsters move in. No evidence to back it up, but it is credible. And of course at much the same time the orange sh1tgibbon was financing all his deals through dodgy Eastern European banks controlled by much the same people.

Makes you think…

grahamt1980

From the photo, it appears the Marshall sang happy birthday to dear Rudi, then gave him his papers.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/s/ij25cZxLP9

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Video right before Giuliani is served. You can see the officer/server giggling while singing happy birthday because he knows what’s going to happen next: https://youtu.be/AgbKqwhLD5c?si=DIFQ3QQzMZXKPy_k

Do you want your country back? Yeahhhhhhhhhhh…!!!

kilo

They gave him a lot of the inside info he needed to make serious inroads into the “Italian” mafia in NY.

He was a lawyer, the FBI and NYPD did all the making inroads, getting the evidence and taking people out, he just presented other people’s work. A challenging role but he’s proved himself over the following years to be nothing special.

Kramer
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone is immune from the Keith Harris effect, in fact it goes quite far to explain a lot of famous people’s behaviour.

hatter

You can see the officer/server giggling while singing happy birthday because he knows what’s going to happen next:

Man that is priceless, the grin on that man’s face.

maccruiskeen

I don’t think anyone is immune from the Keith Harris effect,

?

Kramer
    Free Member

@maccruiskeen the poor man had immense trouble coping with his fame fading.

maccruiskeen

the poor man had immense trouble coping with his fame fading.

Ahh – I thought it was some sort of reference to having someone elbow deep in your backside.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

He was a lawyer, the FBI and NYPD did all the making inroads, getting the evidence and taking people out, he just presented other people’s work

Giuliani is a donkey, but that’s not correct. The US system has much greater involvement by prosecutors in the investigative phase. The FBI is a structure within the US Dept of Justice – in which Giuliani was #3. Later as a US Attorney, Giuliani would have directed the FBI and other agencies in both the strategy and specifics of organised crime investigations. DAs/ADAs will even visit crime scenes on occasion.

It’s not like the English system where the prosecutor merely takes a brief of evidence prepared by police and then decides whether and how to take it to court (which tbf is a simplification in itself).

kilo

Giuliani is a donkey, but that’s not correct

“This case used evidence gathered by the FBI against several organized crime figures, including the leaders of the New York City Mafia’s Five Families. They were indicted under RICO and for extortion, labor racketeering and murder, among other charges.

Martin wrote in his New York Times op-ed that the idea to prosecute the heads of the mafia came from “the head of the criminal section of the F.B.I.’s New York office in a meeting with me and my staff approximately a year before Mr. Giuliani took office,” he continued in his article. “By the time he was sworn in, the office was laying the groundwork for that case and had in place wiretaps on three of the five organized-crime families in New York City.”

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/29/1195552571/rudy-giuliani-rico-origin-story

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.