Home Forums Chat Forum Rudy Juliani – Oh dear!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • Rudy Juliani – Oh dear!
  • thols2

Oh dear indeed.

martinhutch

The consensus seems to be that Rudy is not one of those indicted in the most recent (!) set of charges. Given that he was obviously knee-deep in the post-election plot, does that mean that he has flipped, is testifying against Trump, and the filing of this audio tape is the payback?

Timing seems a bit sus, although Trump gets indicted every other week so perhaps not.

matt_outandabout

Given that he was obviously knee-deep in the post-election plot, does that mean that he has flipped, is testifying against Trump, and the filing of this audio tape is the payback?

From that transcript, he is not *knee* deep….

dyna-ti

Oh dear indeed.

Stomach churning is the only way I can put it. In fact, wish I hadn’t read that :(

thols2

politecameraaction
    Free Member

The consensus seems to be that Rudy is not one of those indicted in the most recent (!) set of charges. 

If you’re talking about the Conspiracy to Defraud the US, Conspiracy to Interfere Civil Rights etc charges (it’s hard to keep track), then the co-conspirators have not been indicted. Various podcasts suggests this has been to keep the prosecution of Trump as simple as possible so that the timeline is delayed as little as possible…but also perhaps to pressure the other conspirators (like Giuliani) to testify against Trump. Still well within the statute of limitations for the others to be charged.

thols2

Yes, ironically, Giuliani made his reputation prosecuting mob bosses. The strategy there is to start at the bottom and try to get someone to flip. Then you move up the chain, trying to get people to flip until everyone realizes that they’re doomed and a deal is a better option than resisting. I’m pretty sure that’s what they’re trying with Trump’s crew – letting them sweat until someone flips.

CountZero

What a truly disgusting little man! 🤮

thols2

It’s hard to believe that 20 15 years ago, Rudy was seriously considered a strong presidential candidate.

https://twitter.com/Schwartzesque/status/1692140823377232244

vlad_the_invader

Well, he’s just turned himself in…yay!

Edit: and so has Sidney Powell

frankconway

I wish that meant something but…it doesn’t as he had no viable alternative.
    Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

thols2

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oof.  Sidney Powell too?  Oh well.

frankconway

And jenna ellis.

thols2

Here is the full lineup so far.

falkirk-mark

Jenna looks like she is quite enjoying herself, the others not so much, must say I was hoping to see the height board behind them and holding numbered cards in front of them.

DickBarton

Dude in the bottom left looks seriously annoyed about all this, almost like he was interrupted whilst eating his favourite dinner and it is now getting cold…

BruceWee

The bottom three, without a doubt, spent their childhoods torturing small animals.

imnotverygood

I hear Sidney Powell is being charged with failure to control a dangerous animal in a public place. 🦑

maccruiskeen

Here is the full lineup so far.

I feel nostalgic for Panini Albums

franksinatra

So many people who are facing ruin for a man who, literally, would walk past them if they were on fire. He is emotionally incapable of loyalty, or even caring. Yet they throw themselves under the bus.

They should all wake up, realise that, and flip to save their own backs.

binners

Jenna doesn’t quite understand whats going on here, does she?

DickBarton

Looks like David Shafer doesn’t either…

scuttler

She already flipped for a peaceful life in a faraway place 🏝️

hightensionline

It looks like a US remake of a Tory sitcom; Kenneth Chesebro is the Rees-Mogg character.

willard

They should all wake up, realise that, and flip to save their own backs.

It’s almost certain that several people have already said that to them, but that they are so deeply into the mire, they either can’t accept it, or do not want to. It’s also possible that the Federal Attorny has enough evidence to convict that they do not need them to flip. That would be hilarious, offering to spill the beans, but being told “no thanks, not needed, you’re going down” instead.

tjagain

I expect some of them to flip once the enormity of what they are facing sinks in

scuttler

She already flipped for a peaceful life in a faraway place 🏝️

I retract that. I know it’s Wikipedia but if only a bit of it’s true she’s smiling cos she’s **** mental – https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenna_Ellis

Dickyboy

It looks like a US remake of a Tory sitcom; Kenneth Chesebro is the Rees-Mogg character

More reminiscent of “The Shady Bunch” to me

franksinatra

Is it terrible that I really like his flat listing? Of course there is stuff I would change but it is a lovely pad.

crazy-legs

politecameraaction
    Free Member

almost like he was interrupted whilst eating his favourite dinner

A meal? A succulent Chinese meal?

hightensionline

😂 What is the charge? Eating a meal?

frankconway

Just in…court has decided that rudy is liable in defamation case brought by two election workers in Georgia and the case will go to trial.
    Possibility that costs and damages could be chunky.
    Everything that goes against him IMO increases the likelihood of him flipping against trump but…that could be nothing more than my wishful thinking!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

He’s been found guilty – the trial is merely to determine damages 👍

frankconway

Yes, my error – thanks for the correction.
    Hundreds of $’000 – even millions!

On a different subject but still trump related, peter navarro, his former trade envoy is getting a really hard time in court for ignoring subpoenas.
    Interesting that trump has declined to testify in support of navarro or to corroborate his claims.

Slowly, but surely, they’re all finding that trump has absolutely no interest in them; they were expendable foot soldiers.

shinton
    Free Member

Just in…court has decided that rudy is liable in defamation case brought by two election workers in Georgia and the case will go to trial.

They just don’t seem to understand the legal difference between the first amendment and defamation. Long may it continue.

Sandwich

That needs a Mark Lamarr commentary like he used to do on Buzzcocks when identifying the star from a line-up.

oldnpastit

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/30/rudy-giuliani-liable-damages-election-2020

Judge has ruled against him in the case of defamation brought against him by the two election workers.

Glad that they’ve finally been vindicated, although it sounds like their lives have been wrecked by Giuliani’s cowardly actions.

shinton
    Free Member

From The Guardian link

Giuliani failed to produce records during the discovery process while making “excuses” to shroud his noncompliance

But there’s more to it than that:

“Perhaps he has made the calculation that his overall litigation risks are minimized by not complying with his discovery obligations in this case,” Judge Beryl Howell of the US District Court in Washington, DC, wrote Wednesday. “Whatever the reason, obligations are case specific and withholding required discovery in this case has consequences.”

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.