Home Forums Chat Forum rubber rollers. what can I repurpose?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • rubber rollers. what can I repurpose?
  • nedrapier

I’m after something like skateboard wheel, but lower profile. It’s for a plank for the bath for the wife so she have a soak with a glass of something and watch some crap on a tablet.

I’d like it on rollers so it can be pushed out of the way in a smooth, deluxe manner.

First thought was skateboard wheels, but something lower profile would be better. I’ve looked at little fixed castor type wheels, but they’d need to be mounted underneath something and raise the height of the whole thing.

I’m thiking there could be something perfect out there, if only I knew what to look for, what it’s primary use is.

Ideal would be something like a wide longboard skate wheel, ground to a small radius, with a concave profile so it sat on the bath top (it’s a roll top bath). I could buy some and machine them down, but that’s a bit too much cost and effort, especially if there’s something out there that would do the job better.

Any ideas?

trail_rat
    Free Member

How about a silicone rolling pin cut into sections ?

wwaswas

These are shower door rollers so should be reasonabel sealed and not tarnish?

shower screen rollers

lots of different ones here:

http://13orb.ru/kenley-stainless-steel-shower-door-twin-rollers-runners-set-of-4-top/

nedrapier

Not a bad idea. Ivor feeling that would be about the same diameter as a small skate wheel, but without the mounting hole and bearings. And I don’t have a pillar drill, so I’d definitely mess up drilling a hole plumb through the centre!

Edit. the shower door rollers could work, I’ll take a closer look.

TheDTs
    Free Member
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘rubber rollers. what can I repurpose?’ is closed to new replies.