Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RP23 pro pedal problem
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

My new bike build bobs a lot when climbing which I expected. I’ve just bought a brand new 2012 RP23 with a firm compression tune and I cant tell the difference between off and on – even on level 3! I’m still pogoing like before.

I have another bike with a 2010 RP23 and the difference is obvious – its also only a medium tune. Am I missing something??

Also the pro pedal switch seems a lot more positive on my other bike and it noticeably sits up in its travel when pro pedal is engaged.

Anyone else had this issue?

poonprice
    Free Member

Sounds like it needs a service… Mine did that, pro-pedal switch was pretty floppy, sent it off for service and nitrogen re-fill and came back great.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Service! Its brand new
    So it sounds like a fault then?
    Damn – I bought it from one of those German bike shops 🙁

legend
    Free Member

Brand new and at least a year old, sounds like the nitrogen got off the shelf first

stevede
    Free Member

If it’s new then get in touch with Loco, Jtech, mojo etc and see if they’ll just do a tune, check pressures etc without the cost of a service which it doesn’t need.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Clicky I posted recently about the same problem with an RP2, although not an RP23, the symptoms are the same.

Like yours, mine was new ‘old stock’ from 2012. There may be something in that.

zippykona

I’m in the same gang. Mine is on its way to Loco.
    Wonder if some rejects found their way onto the market?
    Is this something we should raise with Fox?

ndthornton
    Free Member

zippykona

how much are Loco charging?
    Have you been in touch with the shop you bought it from?

This all very pants

Good idea to contact Fox – although from past experience with fox defects (i.e the 36 pinch bolt saga) – the slopey shoulder, It must be your fault, feign ignorance stance is what I’m expecting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RP23 pro pedal problem’ is closed to new replies.