Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • RP2 Pro pedal
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

First full Sus bike, so a bit clueless. It’s fitted with an RP2. I’ve set the sag up properly on the slightly firm side of the recommended range, and the bike feels great.

My problem is with Pro Pedal. I’m just not sure that it’s working on this shock. I fully appreciate it’s not a lock out, so I’m not expcting that, but I don’t really notice any difference between the propedal and open settings on the shock.

Also the lever doesn’t really seem to have a definite ‘click’ either way, it stays where you put it, but just kind of ‘flops’ into position. Not sure if that’s normal?

perthmtb
    Free Member

I don’t really notice any difference between the propedal and open settings on the shock.

Propedal is there to reduce pedal bob, but you won’t notice the difference in bump compliance – that’s the point.

the lever doesn’t really seem to have a definite ‘click’ either way, it stays where you put it, but just kind of ‘flops’ into position. Not sure if that’s normal

Yes, floppy lever syndrome is quite normal on the RP2, and is no cause for alarm.

LoCo
    Free Member

Should be able to feel a difference between on and off (it’s a low speed compression circuit to cut out low speed pedal induced oscillation 😉 )

Lever should be fairly firm when locating into position, if not been serviced for 12 to 18 months, maybe due a service as the gas may have leaked intot he oil resulting in the poor performance

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’m pleased that the lever’s normal.

The bike does feel quite ‘bobby’ standing up on the pedals does cause a lot of bob, which I suppose is normal? The amount of bob doesn’t seem to differ on either setting though.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Loco – It’s a brand new shock, albeit new old stock.

perthmtb
    Free Member

As Loco is ‘in the biz’ I’d take his advice over mine anyday 😉

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

perthmtb – Member

As Loco is ‘in the biz’ I’d take his advice over mine anyday

Me too 😉

I posted before I saw his response. Thanks though!

zippykona

I’ve got an rp2 that works and an rp23 that doesn’t.
    With the air out they both compress. Flick the switch and the 2 goes hard while the 23 doesn’t.
    So try that.

robarnold
    Free Member

I’ve for an RP2 on my Rumblefish and you can definitely tell the difference between on and off when sat on the bike, noticeably firmer. Also, when engaging PP mode there is a definite positive action as it clicks in to place and you can feel resistance on the lever when you push it back in to open then it goes less positive.

Sounds like yours isn’t right. I’d go back and see if the shop have got another you can try to compare if I were you

matther01
    Free Member

My RP2 definitely ‘clicked’ into place and the was a definite difference in pedalling.

LoCo
    Free Member

The affect of the propedal will vary a bit depending on tune.

the ‘positivity’ of the ‘click’ of the lever in each position also varies depending if it’s an older RP or a Boost valve equipped one.

However if you’re not happy with the function of a new shock it’s best to get it back to the retailer for a warranty inspection for peace of mind if nothing else.

zippykona

Loco how much would it cost to fix?

Fin
    Free Member

About £93 for a shock service with Loco or TF Tuned

Both of those guys will be able to give you firmer platform if you want it – without loosing performance else where

At the very least I’d get it to those guys for a dyno check

LoCo
    Free Member

£80 for a full service.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘RP2 Pro pedal’ is closed to new replies.