Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Colorado Flooding
  • fasthaggis

Now that’s what you call drain pressure 😯

footflaps

Been following friends, who live there, on FB – looks pretty serious, but the worst seems to be over for now.

CrispyCSW

More pics here. It really does show how powerful nature is….

peterfile
    Free Member

holy shitballs! 😯

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Seems quite localised, which I guess is the problem as the rain’s overloading a single area rather than spreading the load. Spoke to a mate in Aurora (just outside Denver) and he said that it was rainy there but nothing to write home about.

glupton1976
    Free Member

It’s in a different country thousands of miles away – that country spends billions of pounds every year on it’s military endeavours. They reckon they are the most powerful nation on earth. Frankly, I dont give a shit that they’ve had some floods.

PS – start hard right and move to centre.

crazy-legs

Even by your standards, that’s some pretty insensitive trolling Glupton…

glupton1976
    Free Member

Sharing an honest opinion is not trolling.

cinnamon_girl

That really is a nasty thing to say. No need to type out on here everything that comes into your head. 😐

parkesie
    Free Member

Troll wants washing away with his bridge.

bencooper
    Free Member

that country spends billions of pounds every year on it’s military endeavours

And the UK doesn’t?

Idiot.

Mark

he’s having a break

wors

looks awful, must be horendous for people affected, but this made me smile

jam-bo

With my kayaking head on I can see a line…

To the top of the nearest hill…

khani
    Free Member

That’s some big weather going on.. 😯
    and its not big or clever to not GAF about anyone in that situation.. 🙁

p8ddy
    Free Member

Glupton…

The people of Denver are not responsible for the war mongering actions of the Whitehouse.

Obama was elected on an anti-war platform.

It’s beyond callous to say you don’t care about people dying.

molgrips
    Free Member

When, as a kid, you’re told that some little stream has made the gorge in which you stand, you can’t quite imagine it. These pictures really help…

Edukator
    Free Member

However, the people of Denver have contributed more than their share of greenhouse gasses. How sorry should we feel for the ones doing the most to bring these sort of events on themselves, and people in much more vulnerable locations who’ve never burnt any fossil fuels in their lives.

Not America, a local road after flooding earlier this year:

LHS
    Free Member

However, the people of Denver have contributed more than their share of greenhouse gasses. How sorry should we feel for the ones doing the most to bring these sort of events on themselves, and people in much more vulnerable locations who’ve never burnt any fossil fuels in their lives.

What an idiotic statement. 😯

It’s in a different country thousands of miles away – that country spends billions of pounds every year on it’s military endeavours. They reckon they are the most powerful nation on earth. Frankly, I dont give a shit that they’ve had some floods.

Same can be said to the UK. Guess that’s why god punished the war mongerers of the Lake District recently with their floods. That’ll teach them!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Classy, really classy.

FFS…..

crikey
    Free Member

Yeah, come on G, the people there speak English; you have to care..

LHS
    Free Member

So glad morons like you don’t come to Denver to visit, and you wonder why our countrymen have such a bad reputation around the world.

jam-bo

Yep, your right. Highways didn’t collapse in flood conditions before the car was invented so it must be the cars that are responsible.

footflaps

Colorado is one of the more liberal parts of the US. Boulder even has a pedestrianised town centre and you see lots of people commuting to work by bike. Personally, I’d love to live there.

LHS
    Free Member

Lived in Boulder for 8 years, hence my frustration at the morons above. Again, like the other thread, comments made by people with no idea.

Edukator
    Free Member

Guess that’s why god punished

America – the secular state in which God they trust, and accuse of taking revenge when anything goes wrong (when they’re not taking revenge in God’s name).

grum
    Free Member

Same can be said to the UK. Guess that’s why god punished the war mongerers of the Lake District recently with their floods. That’ll teach them!

Shouldn’t we be focussing on flooding problems here in the UK first before we start going on about flooding in the US? Also, it’s a big country with lots of diversity so none of us in the UK know what we’re talking about. 😉

Colorado is one of the more liberal parts of the US. Boulder even has a pedestrianised town centre and you see lots of people commuting to work by bike. Personally, I’d love to live there.

Yeah it looks lovely. Legal weed too I think.

TooTall
    Free Member

How sorry should we feel for the ones doing the most to bring these sort of events on themselves, and people in much more vulnerable locations who’ve never burnt any fossil fuels in their lives.

Sorry. I forget. Do the French own and operate a perfect moral compass these days? You are very special.

crikey
    Free Member

Let’s shoot him ’til he cares.

molgrips
    Free Member

How sorry should we feel for the ones doing the most to bring these sort of events on themselves

Jesus.

Respect for Edukator now absolutely zero. Disgraceful.

Yep it’s been bad here.

wors

Some people need to take a good long hard look at themselves, shameful.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Some of the posts in this thread has sent my faith in humanity (or maybe just STW?) to an all time low… 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(or maybe just a thankfully very, very, very small minority of STW?)

Still one too many, mind you.

footflaps

Let’s shoot him ’til he cares.

Form a queue at the fire arms counter….

A few rounds from an AR-15 should learn him 🙂

AR-15 by brf, on Flickr

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It looks pretty awful, hopefully they are pretty resilient folks living there.

Some pretty ill informed and distasteful comments from the usual suspects up there ^^^

As far as the administration is concerned I will be interested to see if the assistance Colorado receives is better than Florida received after Katrina hit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s not really comparable to Katrina is it ? I don’t know what the damage to the infrastructure is but very few have died so far.

Kuco

Having helped deal with flooding over here and seen how it affects people I feel sorry for any of the people affected by it over their.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@ernie – was I comparing it in terms of scale and effect, no I don’t believe I was?

It was merely a musing on whether the administration would respond in a better way than they did after katrina.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Colorado Flooding’ is closed to new replies.