Home Forums Bike Forum Rotor Q Ring Orientation … Google Fu Fail

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rotor Q Ring Orientation … Google Fu Fail
  • letmetalktomark

I’m full of cold and it’s destroying my ability to complete simple tasks … send help!

I have had this chainring (and it’s pair) for ages and cannot find the sleeve they came in.

IMG_2484

1) How do you set the orientation – which section goes behind the crank arm – I’m guessing the bit free of laser etching?

2) What do the three available positions equate to?  Presumably this is the affect on the “dead” part of the pedal stroke? Is there a good one to start with?

If it makes any difference it will be going on the Solaris behind in a 1x set up in the outer position.

The last oval ring I used didn’t play nicely with one knee so I don’t expect this to be a long lasting experiment.

(I did like Biopace though)

jameso

Max radius should be vertical when the fwd crank arm is around 4pm position which is the max power phase.

letmetalktomark

@jameso – Thank you – That reads like a line from an astrological horoscope :-)

jameso

Ha..
    I just checked my own oval ring on passing and it’s probably closer to 4.30pm position, but that’s a SS where I climb stood up. For seated geared riding I think the general advice is to hit max radius a bit sooner.

thols2

That reads like a line from an astrological horoscope

Yes, so with the cranks horizontal, you need to point those white lines at Uranus.

jameso

^ credit where it’s due, that’s good

letmetalktomark

@thols2 … Chapeau :-)

Uranus is slightly out of rotation but I think I get the jist

IMG_2493

About 1600ish

IMG_2494

schmiken

Position 2 is the “normal”, have a read through the following for adjustments:

https://rotorbike.com/en-uk/blog/how-to-set-your-optimum-chainring-position-ocp.html

letmetalktomark

Thank you @Schmiken – I’d seen the YouTube video but must say it didn’t make a lot of sense!

The article is helpful.

I’ll see how I get on in position 2 – in the driveway test it felt okay.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.