Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 412 total)
  • Roll Call for Missing Forumites
  • SaxonRider

Someone mentioned Stoner on a thread, and I realised that I haven’t seen him post for quite some time. I know where some of our good folk have gone, but others I sort of miss and don’t know why they left.

This thread is the place to name missing forumites and, where people know what happened to them (within respectable limits of course!), to let us know.

Who do you miss? Who have you realised is no longer posting, and you are curious as to their whereabouts? Who do you have intelligence on that you can share with the Massif?

cynic-al
    Free Member

GW

druid

roger_mellie

I know where some of our good folk have gone,

Ooh, do tell!  (Unless you mean they’ve passed, in which case, ignore me.)

maccruiskeen

(back in the midst of time)

Cressers

Could kind of do with a doom-monger on the forum again – it would kind of be a bit of light relief.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner has a bit of a cough.

Stoner
    Free Member

DD has a yeast infection

zippykona

Jamie, Jamie, Jamie!

ratherbeintobago

MidlandTrailquestsGraham, destroyer of kit extraordinaire.

tjagain

Aracer. Banned in the big clampdown iirc

welshfarmer

[strong]ratherbeintobago[/strong] wrote:

MidlandTrailquestsGraham, destroyer of kit extraordinaire

I still see Facebook likes from Graham on some groups I follow, so he is still alive and kicking

ratherbeintobago

@welshfarmer Glad to hear that. Is he still destroying stuff though? Do you remember the Gates belt drive saga?…

welshfarmer

No, I don’t remember it, but the last time I saw Graham on a trailquest race, he was indeed riding a bike with a gates belt drive!

bob_summers

Hope he was still wearing purple Spandex tights!

bruneep

shaun

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hope he was still wearing purple Spandex tights!

DD?

Yes. Yes he was.

#Strangest

cogglepin

Knotty ( I think ) used to put some good picts up.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Any update on simondbarnes?
    Miss the bogtrotters weekly updates!

Also there used to be someone who posted Rough Stuff Fellowship rides, all the guys looked ancient and the bikes even older!

Edit, just had a search for them and found they have an Insta page, bikes and pipes seem to be the order of the day.

nickc

Fred?

stevie750

Glad to hear that. Is he still destroying stuff though? Do you remember the Gates belt drive saga?

What about the lights saga. I think the guy that owned the company sold up not long afterwards

midlifecrashes

The Poddys, Pete and his brother. Ban, Flounce or something else?

BenKinetics, though his shop website seems up to date.

ratherbeintobago

@stevie750 Was that Graham too?

@welshfarmer
    It’s been a while so the memory is rusty but essentially he had a bike built with Gates belts because they were meant to last longer than chains. And proceeded to snap a couple in a fairly short timeframe.

Edukator
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti, Don Simon, Woppit, Teasel, Aracer… .

Edit, I don’t think Aracer was banned TJ, he sorted out his personal issues by moving onto a canal barge, got a life and his posting just petered out – I think.

EDit 2: I’m surprised Hora hasn’t got a mention, not that I miss him.

Nick

What happened to Samuri?

slackalice
    Free Member

Junkyard. THM. Another I can’t remember the name of but he changed bikes very often, possibly settled for a while with a Heckler?

Someone here professes to have files, or possibly dossiers, on various ‘big hitters’…

falkirk-mark

Surf mat the driving god

SaxonRider

I missed it when it actually happened, but didn’t Woppit get a ban? I have to say, he was a grumpy git, but I miss him.

I actually find it weird when people can just ‘leave’. I will sometimes take time away from posting, but I still look in at least once a day. I mean, there are only a certain number of things you can actually do on the internet, and this place is the best of them by far.

In any case, I thought we could check out any time we liked, but never leave.

slackalice
    Free Member

That would make a great lyric and with a catchy melody behind it… I think you’re onto something there! We could ask you know who to see if he would sing it 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

I missed it when it actually happened

I didn’t.
    Yes he was.
    No, I don’t.

epicyclo

Funny, I was thinking about Stoner the other day – was re-reading his book.

jimmy

Jamie, Jamie, Jamie!

Yes. His photo editing skillz were top comedy.

vondally
    Free Member

Ton….?

crazy-legs

Any update on simondbarnes?
    Miss the bogtrotters weekly updates!

The Bogtrotters Simon was Simon F Barnes.

I was thinking that a couple of weeks ago cos Facebook informed me that it was his birthday. There were people posting on his timeline so I assume he’s still alive.

He had a heart attack (years ago now), recovered and was back riding again but then had a second attack which was really quite serious. As far as I know, he’s in a nursing home.

@postierich
    might have more info on him…

IHN

Sheldona

Ginger and Mrs Flash

All still alive and doing well, just not on here any more.

I met Stoner once, I’ve not washed my eyeballs since…

Rubber_Buccaneer

I mean, there are only a certain number of things you can actually do on the internet, and this place is the best of them by far.

In any case, I thought we could check out any time we liked, but never leave.

I suspect you are younger than me, I’m 51.  Everything has it’s peaks and troughs, wax and wane, ebb and flow, whatever.  I like the STW forum but I’ve also been just as attached to rsvr.net, visordown.com and a few others.  I can’t remember all the stuff that has been and gone, usenet, aol, geocities, etc, etc.  People move on, c’est la vie.

crazy-legs

What happened to Samuri?

Very rarely on here any more but he’s active on Twitter.

mefty
    Free Member

What about that Mike bloke who posted on pretty much every thread, disappeared over night. To be honest, I am always pleased to see prolific posters disappear as I find it difficult to imagine that they have found a less productive use for their time – so it should be a good change.

frankconway

Was going to mention Woppit but beaten to it; neutral about his disappearance.
    Jambalaya – didn’t agree with his views but he was hounded by anti-brexit groupthink.

SaxonRider

I suspect you are younger than me, I’m 51

Only by a few years. I’m 48. I was a member of a forum in the very early days, then mtb-wales, then this one. But that’s pretty much it. I don’t do much online other than academic stuff.

miketually
    Free Member

What happened to Samuri?

Very rarely on here any more but he’s active on Twitter.

Yes, but what happened to him?

SaxonRider

What about that Mike bloke who posted on pretty much every thread

miketually? Wasn’t he a science teacher up in the Northeast somewhere?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 412 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.