Viewing 12 posts - 401 through 412 (of 412 total)
  • Roll Call for Missing Forumites
  • singlespeedstu

Trying to get the thread back on topic.

ElShalimo
    he’s still posting regularly in Instagram

Glad to hear he’s still out and about.

Not seen any posts from Richpips in a long time.

kelvin

Richpips is very active elsewhere… insta, public talks, writing, running, riding…

singlespeedstu

Richpips is very active elsewhere… insta, public talks, writing, running, riding…

I didn’t for one minute think he’d just be sat on his arse doing nothing.😉

ElShalimo

Yep, I also follow RichPips on Instagram

Very busy chap

ernielynch

this thread was reopened because someone had passed

I actually reopened this thread to say that I missed thegreatape’s contributions. I did fully expect there to be questions and updates concerning other former STWers, that’s what happened the last time I reopened this thread to mention the absence of grum, BignDaft, etc.

It’s nice to get updates concerning people who formerly contributed, and of course always tragic when you hear of those who are no longer with us.

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s nice to get updates concerning people who formerly contributed, and of course always tragic when you hear of those who are no longer with us.

So tragic they were forgotten in a few posts & replaced by the same crap we find in every other thread.

thepodge
    Free Member

Oh and whenever this thread comes up I always expect Hora to be mentioned but I think that’s opening a whole new world of pain for some people.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I sometimes wonder if anyone who used to post regularly has died but no one on the forum knew them IRL so the rest of us have no idea. Sorry, bit of morbid curiosity…

scotroutes

Was there ever a Windsor_liz user?

Poopscoop

So tragic they were forgotten in a few posts & replaced by the same crap we find in every other thread.

I completely disagree with that after reading some threads started by some posters who are no longer with us.

I can’t speak for others but that’s my view anyway.

ernielynch

I sometimes wonder if anyone who used to post regularly has died but no one on the forum knew them IRL so the rest of us have no idea. Sorry, bit of morbid curiosity…

Yeah it’s when they disappear suddenly – I am genuinely concerned about grum as he stopped posting so abruptly, he went from posting most days several times to nothing at all. It would be nice to know if he is okay – if anyone has contact?

In the case of someone like BignDaft he just posted less and less until he finally stopped. TBH he got a fair amount of stick for his Tory leaning views (although he was quite capable of giving some back) so I’m not entirely surprised that he might have just lost interest. So not the same as grum imo.

And yeah as has been mentioned mefty is still obviously around although his recent contribution was in relation to a POI (point of information) as they say in political debates, rather than actually contributing to the debate, which is a shame imo.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hoping grum is ok too. I met him for a beer in bristol years ago. Really good bloke. There are posts from August on his Facebook photography (business) page. I know he has a little man to take care of these days so I guess that’s keeping him busy. I generally thought STW wasn’t really helping him. Hopefully he’s all good.

Viewing 12 posts - 401 through 412 (of 412 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.