Home Forums Bike Forum Rocky Mountain Instinct C50- Bargain?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Instinct C50- Bargain?
    hopefiendboy

Hey All

Contemplating a new trail bike- spotted the Rocky Mountain C50 on Paul’s cycles:

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/bikes/mountain-bikes/rocky-mountain-instinct-c50-full-suspension-mountain-bike-orangeblue__13157

It looks a bit of a bargain for a full carbon frame with half decent components on it- and the right sort of weight for an all day trail bike.

Anyone have experience of them? (the bike?) :-) Or alternatives that would be better value than something like this for a 5’10 rider with long arms and legs?

:-)

lister

I like the look of the alloy version for less money. Can’t find much about either though.

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/bikes/mountain-bikes/rocky-mountain-instinct-a50-trail-mountain-bike-orangeblue__13154

joebristol

Looks like sensible trail geometry to match the 250/140mm travel.

Decent groupset / acceptable wheels (rims might be a bit soft) / 2 pot brakes might do the job / suspension is ok but bottom of the range Lyrik & deluxe shock.

If it’s for an allrounder it looks like a decent price for that kit with a carbon frame. I’d prefer the headangle to be slacker, the head tube to be longer and the seat tube to be shorter and steeper but I’m being picky.

desperatebicycle

Still have my 2015 Instinct, been a great bike. Older skool geometry on mine, but a proper all rounder.

Everything on it (aside from the paintwork) has lasted really well. I’d probably go for something like that if I was still capable of making full use of a real mtb.

LeeW

I had a 2014 Instinct BC, I loved it, a far more capable bike than I was rider. I had it for around 8 years before I sold it as it just wasn’t getting used. Lasted really well, no real issues in wear and tear. Guy I sold it to still rides it regularly.

I had another one in my basket for a while off the same website. But decided to go for a Scott Spark, something different, probably more suited to what I have access to on my doorstep.

superstu
    Free Member

Looks spot on geometry wise and the spec is pretty good across the board (even sensible grips). Good looking too. Go for it

matt_outandabout

It’s the same frame as my son’s Altitude, just less travel via shocks.
    His is 3.5/4 years old and has been thrashed, raced, jumped and more. It’s been to the Alps, Ft William Dh, it’s done 7 Munros this week, he’s won Enduro’s… He rides twice a week minimum.
    It’s an absolute machine. I find it scary how fast I can get it moving, he manages to get it over huge jumps (Nico Vink Line etc). It feels on one hand quite lively and nippy, but can steamroller with the best of them.
    It’s needed new bearings, but it’s still the straightest FS frame I’ve ever worked on. The wee access ports, lack of mud gathering bits, etc is just great for a Canadian or UK climate. Even with all the marks on, it’s a strong and good looking machine.
    He’s needing to replace, and looking for same bike if he can afford it.

Pyro

Timely thread! I’ve just pushed the button on one of the Alloy 50s from Pauls, had my eye on it for a while and decided it was a bargain I was willing to go for – so stealth ad, I’ll be chucking my Evil Following up for sale once the new one’s arrived…

I’ve always liked Rocky Mountain, I used to have an ETS-X, the traded that up to an Element that I loved, bought from Vondally on here, best climbing full suss I’ve ever had. Traded it out for the Evil to get something slightly longer travel as my riding diverged, always had the itch for another RM for a while and it looks like the Instinct fits the ticket.

desperatebicycle

Their gravel bikes on Pauls are quite bargainous too. Please buy all the Solo C50s before I get a chance to purchase one!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.