Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 448 total)
  • Road: Could Not Resist….
  • Vortexracing

never mind and Ta

marsdenman
    Free Member

vortex – if i knew you better I’d suggest you ‘used to be indecisive, now you’re just not too sure’ 😉
    You’ve put a strong spec on the Scott, all of which will translate well to your frame of choice, a frame which you can, of course, have bespoke made, to suit you ickle legs 🙂 Have a lot of fun making your final selection!

Vortexracing

‘used to be indecisive, now you’re just not too sure’

I must admit I do do some buggering about, on a mammoth scale at times. 😳

Looks like the Ti Enigma Equinox is winning at the moment, and even more annoying is that they have them in stock and the geometry is right

Bugger !!!

2 less excuses 🙄

TiRed

I miss my Ti bike and am a recent carbon convert (not a Scott, but same pro-level). But for Sunday best, I think it has to be custom 953 stainless steel nowadays.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Gotta say, i, too, can procrastinate and ponder with the best of them!
    Of the bikes you show, above, The Enigma’s are my favourite.
    Only 2 reasons to give you pause for thought? For me, there’d be 1499 to consider + the forks 😉

Vortexracing

‘No pockets in shrouds’

🙄

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

That Elite with the ISP is bloody lovely!

marsdenman
    Free Member

‘No pockets in shrouds’

Now, if MrsVR agrees, game on 😉

TiRed

True – and Enigma clearance is a place best avoided 😕 . Just seen their fixed wheel frames – in my size too. 531 lugged or Columbus Spirit. Hmmm. Luckily, no mudguard braze ons 😆

finbar
    Free Member

Okay, so I think I’m proving the slowest in building my bargain CR1 up (though I did just order some lovely Arundel Mandible bottle cages).

Anyway, can anyone tell me if it’ll fit 25mm tyres? Ta.

pryally
    Free Member

yup, mine as a23 rims with 25mm gp 4 season tyres (so come up a bit bigger with the wider rims). bit tight at the back but fine

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks Pryally.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Well I gone and done it and ordered a Scott CR1 Pro (HMF) framset so super excited and should have it built up in time for the ride london :-).

I am swapping over my 105 groupset and Fulcrum racing 5 wheels. I am now contemplating which seatpost, stem and handlebars to go for. So far thinking of
    Easton EA90 Road/MTB Oversized Stem 2010
    100mm (-10 deg) Black £47.99

Easton EC70 SL Road Handlebar
    42cm x 31.8mm Black £89.99

Ritchey SuperLogic Carbon Seat Post (1-Bolt )
    300mm x 31.6mm Carbon £153.98

£291 is more than I want to pay for those three items so any other suggestion on good quality light alternatives would be welcome.

wwaswas

I got an Easton EC70 post for about £60 – it’s pretty light.

Got a much better picture of mine last Friday lunchtime;

I do like riding it 🙂

Vortexracing

Easton EA90 Road/MTB Oversized Stem 2010
    100mm (-10 deg) Black £47.99

try ebay I got one for £35

flippinheckler
    Free Member

So far I’ve ordered a Easton EC70 Seatpost and Easton EC70 road bars and a Thompson stem I’ve also decided not to change over my 105 compact chainset and ordered a Ultegra Double chainset instead. I have had all the bits delivered to my local bike shop 1868 racing who’s doing the build for me, I popped in today to see the frame and its gorgeous. Its not being built until 26th July so will be picking it up on Sat morning and getting a bike fit also 😀

marsdenman
    Free Member

Here you go = proof positive that it’s built – the illegitimate offspring of an internet fling (this thread) and a chat in the pub (pondering on how to build it on budget <cough> when a friend offered me the chance to strip his Cube of all I wanted.. hence the splashes of green!)
    4 rides in and I have to say I really like it – just need to do some more work tweaking my position (eg. following a 1″ drop in saddle height, the nose of the saddle may be lifted back to horizontal) – part of the reason I took most parts off my friends cube is that I figured there was a good chance some will be swapped out (stem and saddle) = better to at least have something to work with, at sensible cost, than new stuff that might / might not have suited.
    anyways, here you go –
    [/url]
    Scott1 by chris1968, on Flickr[/img]

boblo
    Free Member

Wish I had a chum who was donating some DA9000 etc it would save me a hypothetical fortune. Still prevaricating over building my SL….

marsdenman
    Free Member

@boblo

Wish I had a chum who was donating some DA9000

don’t we all, fella, don;t we all 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£291 is more than I want to pay for those three items so any other suggestion on good quality light alternatives would be welcome.

I went for a canyon VCLS post (super comfortable) and ritchey WCS c270 stem and evocurve bars, both are stiff/comfy in the right ways. Spend the change on Lizard Skin DSP tape. I’m not a fan of carbon bars, huge cost, minimal weight saving, and the bontranger pair I had just made the front end feel like the front wheel was connected to the drops by springs, every input was delayed and every bit of feedback felt like the front wheel had been twanged off line.

finbar
    Free Member

Whack some ti bolts in there and that must be one of the lightest stems available 😯

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whack some ti bolts in there and that must be one of the lightest stems available

It’s not really, its 125g (claimed) in a more normal 110mm length, so about 20% heavier than most mid range stems.

finbar
    Free Member

Okay, maybe not the lightest ever then, but are you sure you can get a mid range stem in 110mm that weighs 100 grams?

*Claimed. I suppose if they’re anything like Deda the actual weight will be more like 150 grams 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Okay, maybe not the lightest ever then, but are you sure you can get a mid range stem in 110mm that weighs 100 grams?

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings/components.php?type=stems&sortby=real

Recycler
    Free Member

My contribution to the thread.

105 and Cosmic elites = love it

Scott CR1 Pro by safc1969jam, on Flickr

finbar
    Free Member

Those Ritchey WCS CS260 stems are a hell of a product. Cheap (ish), light… strong? Not much else on the list that is 100 grams, 31.8mm clamp and not expensive

(though I think the last time Weight Weenies properly updated those lists was about 2007)

damitamit
    Free Member

Only problem with them is you have to take everything off your bars to install them, as the clamp is only 1/3 of the bar diameter.

That’s why I went with the Kalloy (plus it was cheaper). Took the crazy 6 paint off with acetone.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Only problem with them is you have to take everything off your bars to install them, as the clamp is only 1/3 of the bar diameter.

Actually, no you don’t. The clamp won’t let you slide it round the bends. You install it over the first bend (or wherever the diameter of your bard drop), so only needs the tape unwinding off that far. That’s the only way they’ll go in.

damitamit
    Free Member

Actually, no you don’t. The clamp won’t let you slide it round the bends. You install it over the first bend (or wherever the diameter of your bard drop), so only needs the tape unwinding off that far. That’s the only way they’ll go in.

Ah right. Is that past the shifters?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Loving the builds guys cant wait for mine to be built and having the new bits including bars the right width 42 instead of current 40’s.

theboatman
    Free Member

To add to the stem nerdyness, my 120mm kalloy uno 9 with ti bolts weighs in at 117g. Can’t say i’ve noticed any flex in it, but I’m 66kg……but for 17£ and delivery in 7 days I’m well chuffed with it.
    Rose bikes and xlc also badge up the same stem for a couple more quid for the bargain phobic.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup, normal bars it goes straight on, evocurves (which bend/bulge/flatten out a bit from the center) you have to twiddle a bit.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAmXnDdgCo0[/video]

darkslider
    Free Member

As we’re on the subject of bars, anyone got any suggestions for a cheap comfortable pair of drop bars? Not into road riding in a massive way it’s just training and getting to work for me, but riding on the hoods of the narrow compact bars I’ve got at the moment don’t seem to fit my hands at all and I get bad palm and wrist pain after a few miles.

I think I need a set of bars that are maybe a bit wider as these are narrower than my shoulder width, and with more of a comfortable ‘flat’ before they start to dip down for the drops? As they are now the hoods aren’t a comfortable place to rest my hands as there doesn’t seem to be enough space to fit my whole hand in comfortably. Bit of a vague description I know but if anyone’s got any recommendations that’d be good!

gurufred
    Free Member

Last picture was a bit boring.
    Not to boast or anything…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

What size front Derailleur for the 2012 Scott CR1 28.6 / 31.8mm or 34.9mm

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just picked up my new pride and joy Scott CR1 Pro with full Ultegra Thompson Stem and Easton EC 70 handlebars and seatpost. Waiting on eBay carbon bottle holders and Look Keo Max 2 pedals to finish things off.

boblo
    Free Member

That’s this weekend sorted then. Nice boik 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Had my first ride on the new bike yesderday and I am amazed at the difference between my Spesh Allez and the Scott. Oh boy how smooth and comfy is the Scott in comparison took it on a ride that comprised of 1310m of climbing all together and the bike just zipped up the hills as its that bit lighter (or so it feels)it also accelerates more quickly and handles so much better in respect to not fighting the bike around tight bends it glides around and doesn’t seem to jump about like the Allez seems to do.

back2basics
    Free Member

to semi-erect this thread.

what BB does the frame that comes with a threaded bb take?
    I have a shimano 6700 bb 68mm english
    tried to find something on the webby but nothing so far.

cheers !

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘Road: Could Not Resist….’ is closed to new replies.