Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 448 total)
  • Road: Could Not Resist….
  • Vortexracing

ta, they look bronze in some of the piccies.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice, had to delay my delivery until tomorrow so its good to see what I’ll be getting.

Hope you can still afford to finish the kitchen.

wwaswas

Hope you can still afford to finish the kitchen.

I can see the conversation now.

“You know that floor you wanted in the kitchen?”
    “Yes”
    “Well I’m just building it up with the bits off my cross bike”
    “That’s fine dear, I’m happy to wait”

damitamit
    Free Member

Oooh nice. Mine arrives at 10.30.

Photos on your kitchen scale? 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Got all thru to the point of “buy” button, card details all in & then dithered, which made me think, do i really want it. Then had to leave for work. If i really wanted it i wouldn’t have hesitated. So there’s a 56cm frame there for someone else, no need to thank me

back2basics
    Free Member

sorry for basic question,
    does the roady BB91 limit what cranksets you can put on there – sorry not clued up on roady cranks, my commuter has Shimano 6700/6703 Ultegra & Bottom Bracket…could it be ported directly across or is it a new crankset?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Rocketdog, you’ve just cost me 500 quid! 🙁

However, I’d been looking at getting a Hong Kong Fuey frame for not much less, and I’m sure this will be better.

Anyone want to by a Giant TCR C3 M/L?

SamB
    Free Member

Oh no that Plasma TT frameset looks lovely….

HELP

rOcKeTdOg

Shibbo, talk to me about the TCR rocketdoguk(@)gmail(.)com

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Any Shimano chainset will fit on the BB91, if you use Sram cranks you’ll need to change the cups to GXP, they’re around £30.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You have mail Rocketdog!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

oh by jove. They’ve got lots of them.
    Is it easy to build a bike?
    Do you just buy a groupset and wheels and screw it all together?
    How much would it likely to cost with mincish wheels and a 105 groupset I wonder.

What size would a 6″ person need?

ska-49
    Free Member

My friend was looking for his first road bike. Linked him this and we bought the rest online last night.

-105 groupset
    -Fulcrum 5 wheels
    -mash of other bits that where cheap online
    = £1250 for a solid, good spec bike.

Also, post more pictures!

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Any idea if a FSA MegaExo Chainset will fit this frame, or can be made to fit.

I have a spare chainset and its just looking for a new home, it would be rude to let this one go.

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve had an Addict for 3 years; great bike, proper race bred thing that feels a bit twitchy for the first couple of miles when I switch to it, then feels just right…

johnnystorm

Another one heading “this way”…..

pebblebeach
    Free Member

And what size for a 5’8″ normally proportion short arse? I’m usually a 54cm in road bikes, any reason to go up/down a size on this frame?

damitamit
    Free Member

The geometry seems pretty standard for a 54. 545 vtt and 540 seat tube. Only thing is it has a tall headtube. I bought a 54 thou my bad flexibility and odd proportions usually mean 30mm spacers, so maybe I’ll be able to slam it.

boblo
    Free Member

Well mine has arrived 🙂

TiRed

Nice frames, but I can’t justify one now I have the Defy. And I like my alloy TCR too. But Son1…hmmm could upgrade the boy’s bike!

boblo
    Free Member

I also couldn’t justify it already owning a CR1 Pro. Luckily I skipped that bit and went straight to ‘where do I pay?’ 🙂

dharmstrong
    Free Member

In a similar vein here is my “bargain” frame I got from Westbrook a few weeks back.

Internal wiring was a bit of a faff, and I had to remove the bottom bracket to actually wire it up which was annoying. Scott don’t like you building their frames, it took a while to get some info from them. But all assembled in the end, was my first bike build too.

boblo
    Free Member

That’s nice, it’s a Foil isn’t it? Which one? Is Di2 only or a home conversion?

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a large, but I currently have an Felt F series with the stem completely dropped (and I do like the position) so I’m not 100% sure that I will be able to get low enough on this, the headtube is 36mm longer!

Worth a look though. Longer/more negative stem and deeper drops may help.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Cheers boblo, yes the foil di2 version.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

(!)
    Out of stock of 56 and 58

too late 🙁

tinribz
    Free Member

Does this mean a slew of cheap alu frames in the classifieds?

dazh

Spent all day agonizing over this. Just bought a medium. I guess it was inevitable really, although it does mean the cotic solaris will have to wait to appease Mrs Daz. Now off to check out groupsets 🙂

Vortexracing

really fancy the SRAM red at merlin for mine, a frame this light is crying out for a light groupset.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bloody hell, your wallet will be light after buying that too.

Just had a look and it seems to cost more than £1k for the groupset – and you still have to pay extra for quite a few “Red” bits instead of lower spec??

wwaswas

there’s a label says ‘don’t use shims, just a 31.6 seatpost’.

I had a rather lovely 27.2 Lynskey Ti post plus a 120mm shim I was planning on using. Will I die?

damitamit
    Free Member

wwaswas, same problem here. I have a cut down 27.2 Bonty XXXLite weighing 152g I was planning to use.

Can’t decide which lightweight 31.6 post to get…

boblo
    Free Member

Ritchey Superlogic…….. Mmmmmm. I have one on my existing CR1 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine’s here now, cheers again Boblo.

🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I can see some great build threads coming soon!

dharmstrong – What tyres are those, Challange?

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Vittoria open corsa sc, roll very nice but cut like anything. Have had to bin one due to a cut right through to the inner tube (no puncture thankfully).

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice looking, pity they’re so soft, that’s racing only use then. Thanks.

ska-49
    Free Member

How long is postage taking from placing your order?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I believe their consignment arrives tomorrow and they’re going out on overnight couriers. So expect Friday or Monday delivery.

(posted on Bike Radar)

damitamit
    Free Member

Ordered mine Saturday evening, arrived Tuesday morning.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘Road: Could Not Resist….’ is closed to new replies.