Home Forums Bike Forum Ribble Ti Gravel – any experience?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ribble Ti Gravel – any experience?
  • MoreCashThanDash

A roadie mate is pondering a move to gravel, and has seen a decent looking deal on the Ribble Ti bikes

Given the usual “all cheap Ti frames crack” worries, has anyone got any experience of them?

stcolin
    Free Member

I’ve just taken delivery of mine. So, I can’t comment on the quality/longevity of the frame. I do know that they had some issues with downtube cracks on the CRG/Endrance Ti frames, but that was rectified. I believe it was happening at the cable port so this was moved in later frames. The 3 year warranty does concern me a little bit, but for now, no point in worrying. Sonder offer 10 years on theirs for a very similar frame.

Daffy

I haven’t broken a single Ti bike in 20 years and  almost 20 bikes.  I don’t have a Ribble, but have had everything from Independent Fabrication to On-One.

nicko74

I have a Ribble CGR Ti that’s 5 years old now. Never had any concerns about longevity, cracking etc. Most of my riding has been road with some fire roads, bridlepath etc.

Also in a similar vein I have a 16 year old Cotic Soda that’s also Ti and so far not had any worries about cracks or owt.

jezzep

Hiya,

Also check the Sonder Camino Ti it has parts that are better. I preferred it because the Geometry was slacker and that suited me better as a rider. At the time Alpkit was offering better deals on the Sonder than Ribble. I’d test ride both, if I was you.

JeZ

Mowgli
    Free Member

Also got a 5 year old CGR Ti. Lovely bike, no cracks. Also have a gen 1 PX Tempest which has been thrashed and is also uncracked.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the feedback – genuinely was advice for a friend, but now I’m going down my own gravel Ti wormhole….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.