Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Remy Metalier makes mental riding look easy…
  • Shackleton

No idea if the video will work, I’ve given up with trying to deal with pics and vids on this site, but holy crap Remy is as far beyond me as I am beyond my 3yo daughter.

Not sure why this had me more slack jawed that wc DH, etc. but wow, just wow. So smooth and point perfect. I think I have a man crush….

Plus, you know, squirrel.

sirromj

Bin dun, but with imprecise thread title.

Insane skills

mrchrist

WOW

BearBack
    Free Member

Some of walleaters work there I believe.
    Remy is ridiculously good.

tails
    Free Member

Swinleys improved since I last went. Mega good, so controlled.

nickjb
    Free Member

I watched that a couple of days ago and was suitably impressed and terrified. The lines do seem to be reasonably well ridden, though. Does that mean there are hundreds of others out there with similar skill and bottle or are there simpler ways down the same bit of trail?

richmtb

Does that mean there are hundreds of others out there with similar skill and bottle

Canada innit.

If it was on your doorstep I daresay you might eventually be able to mince down most of it. Riding with that level of speed is another matter entirely. Huge drops are probably beyond the reach of almost all of us though, even if we grew up on the North Shore.

andylc
    Free Member

I had the same thought looking at it. I can’t imagine there are many ‘normal’ riders going down that sort of stuff surely??

BearBack
    Free Member

Remy’s always had a thing for doubling things… Making jumps out of features very few other riders would see.
    Check out his early whistler bike park shreddits for good examples of this.
    Bringing these to social media definately brought an uptick in other riders putting Remy’s vision into practice..
    Unless you’re watching one of his vids that’s titled “[insert riding location]’s hardest trail” or a feature he’s built, or something completely bonkers, then much of what he’s doing is on everyday BC trails but changing the inherent nature of the trail by going faster, further, dropping in from higher and spending less time on the ground than 99.9% of the other riders.

markgraylish
    Free Member

First segment in that video is Gouranga – I rode that last weekend!
    (I should point out that I rode the pussy line you see at the bottom of the drop off!)
    Also, there are two other clips of the huge slab on “In and Out Burger” which I’ve ridden several times but has numerous line choices that mostly involve creeping down as slowly as possible, using as much front brake as possible.
    As BB said, just everyday trails ridden by someone with extraordinary talent…
    Check out his superb video filmed mostly by a racing drone (and the drone pilot himself has some serious skills)

BearBack
    Free Member

Its often hard to tell as the warp speed perspective makes it hard to figure out whats what.
    Highway to Hell is the first bit I think. Walleaters rebuild project, then into “Le Jank” Neither on trial forks but both have been there longer than the 14yrs I have and are getting more love with the dramatic increase in talent we have in Squamish as it becomes a training ground to world class riders!.
    Then theres A bit of a popular black to many progressing riders, Angry Midget, which you can watch at more mind bending riding speed by Squamish local Kasper Wooley.

Kasper Wooley

There are certainly a few Remy only trail sections that he’s built, but literally one of a handful that can ride the features, but also loads of extremely established trails also.
    Entrails (his favourite braid zone where he’s continued to push the envelope – see his Entraisl video)
    Marc My Words @1.43, another forgotten about relic with some amazing features (the drop is optional). Relative new comer to the network – Gouranga slab zone at 1.50/2.20 which was in the Squamish/Gryphon Enduro a few years back and we’ve seen Yohann Barelli session properly and also ride it on a gravel bike!?!

On the flip side, Squamish has never been busier with SAR scraping up riders from the network as Videos like remys make trails like in and out burger look relatively simple. As Mark said solid riders will still creep down as slowly as possible, but without decent braking control and speed management.. the bottom is going to eat you up! There’s been a couple of significant trauma evacuations this summer from In and Out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Remy Metalier makes mental riding look easy…’ is closed to new replies.