Home Forums Chat Forum Recommend me a music amp…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a music amp…
  • scud
    Free Member

Up to now i have been playing most of my music via small Q Acoustics 3020 speakers and a Denon DM41 complete system with a Rega P1 turntable plugged in, giving a surprisingly good sound for a small budget system. But this has been retired to office as i work from home 4 days out of 5.

I pick up today a set of large floor standing Q Acoustics 3050i and subwoofer today to go in lounge, but want a half decent amp to drive them budget of about £500-600. I just want to play both vinyl and stream phone/ tablet via it.

Ideally with:
    – Built in phono stage for turntable.
    – Built in bluetooth for streaming.

Been looking at this, https://www.richersounds.com/yamaha-rn602-blk.html , seems to do what i want from it, and being an iphone user, being able to attach phone for Apple Lossless would be good.

But any others i should be looking at?

Tend to like my music fairly bass heavy whether it be trip hop, old hiphop or reggae/ dub..

BigJohn

I looked at that amp to replace my small Yamaha system. I think the musiccast app is excellent. But the RN 803 d is a much better amp than the 602. I got mine from Peter Dyas and they have them at £579. I’ve no complaints.

scud
    Free Member

Thanks for that BigJohn will have a look

judetheobscure
    Free Member

A couple of other suggestions – rather than look for a bluetooth connection, try for a digital input, probably a USB connection would be ideal and then use a laptop as the streaming device and consider Tidal or Qobuz as the media source (Qobuz has much higher resolution media available for a good chunk of its catalogue, i.e. higher than CD 44/16 quality, whereas Tidal tops out at 44/16). Obviously that means looking for a DAC module in the amp as well as a phono stage but your budget should allow you to find something suitable.

scud
    Free Member

Thanks both..

@judetheobscure
    , i have a years free subscription to Apple Music, that was what drew me to the Yamaha amp as it works well with Apple Lossless, will have a look at Quboz too, as not really heard of service, i typically play vinyl when i get some peace and quiet, or playlists from phone when entertaining or if my daughter wants to stream endless Ariana Grande…

Futureboy77
    Free Member

I’ve stuck with Marantz amps for years. I’ve similar musical taste to you.

BigJohn

Yes but the Yamaha does Dab, FM, internet radio, streaming, Spotify, phono, all from one seamless controller, either its own remote or via your phone. Faultlessly.

BigJohn

Oh, and if anyone is looking for a network amplifier check out where the radio feed comes from. I understand that many use services which rely on a subscription to get BBC stations without adverts.
    The current Yamaha provider is pretty good, with the exception of live sports on Radio 5 when you just get a copyright notice. Fortunately we can switch to DAB. During the Olympics 5 live was off the whole time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a music amp…’ is closed to new replies.