Home Forums Chat Forum Recommend a torch for me please.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend a torch for me please.
  • pictonroad

Need to get a pair of decent torches for the kids to use at scouts. They’re not taking my joystick…

rechargeable, last a couple of hours at least, preferably high and low beam and a focus option.

£20 max if possible.

Thanks

James

sandboy

The wife treated me to one of these for dog walking and it’s decent for the price. She purchased on Prime day so was a bit cheaper.

edit, for some unknown reason, I can’t paste the link?

it’s a Anker LC90 torch on Amazon

dyna-ti

I’d say they’d be better off with a couple of petzl head torches. The Tikkina model is ideal for kids. 3xAAA batteries, so easy to get replacements for and no recharger or anything like that needed..

Headtorch is more ‘pro’

3 light settings, with 100h on low(7lmn) which would be ideal for reading/inside tent, and 2h on max, with a well here’s the spec….

https://www.petzl.com/GB/en/Sport/Headlamps/TIKKINA

pictonroad

Anker torch looks perfect, will bookmark that for the sales.

They need torches for the games in the woods not headtorches, might get myself one.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Agree head torch rather than a torch. Decathlon

matt_outandabout

+1 on a head torch. Much more useable and useful.

CountZero

A hand torch and a head torch, both have their uses, a head torch is indispensable for around a camp, hand torches for messing around in the woods.

I’ve got an Alpkit head torch which is perfect for when I’m sorting out the food for the ‘pets’, the birds and hedgehogs, particularly this time of year, but I’ve always got a small flashlight in my pocket for use anywhere where I need to see something in dark corners or whatever.

qwerty
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.