Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • reap what you sow little doggy!
  • senorj

Cycling through Herts this morning ,commuting to work.
    Lovely quiet back lanes ,beautiful morning.
    I get to a bit of a short sharp shock of a climb,
    past a driveway I've passed many times.
    From nowhere,five crazy dogs,
    four nasty little terrier bastids and some kind of spaniel
    came sprinting out barking&snapping at my heels.
    I sh*t myself.
    They chased me for what seems like an eternity ,
    I kicked out at a couple as i tried(and failed) to sprint away.
    No contact was made …honest.
    The lead dog let out a yelp and carped it in the middle of the road.
    Heart attack?
    Serves you right pooch.
    The other dogs stopped and looked sickened,
    like when a footballer breaks his leg and his mates can't look.
    Had to share.
    Call it therapy.
    J.

jam-bo

yep. its great when something dies isn't it.

ton

be nice will that, the owner finding his dog dead in the road.

senorj, i hope you get knocked off your bike on the way home……. 😆

senorj

Thanks for that ton.

ton

no worries………… 😀

So because it snapped at your heels and you didn't manage to kick it's head in, you're glad it's dead?

Nice fella, real nice!

Nick

Get chased by a dog and the dog keels over and dies, what's not to like?

Stuff dies all the time, it's part of life, maybe it died doing what it loved more than anything; chasing cyclists?

Wookster

as to be seen on Dog walkerworld.com in five min..

Poochie 101 said: Nasty cyclist killed my dog by kicking it

Leaves crap on the foot path 205 said: Bastards I always cut them up in the car they are all the same dog hating lycra louts

Good job there mate!

No excuse for Dogs not being under control It does surprise me that people think its ok for there pooch to run up barking and snapping while shouting its ok he doesnt mean it…… if you have a dog it shoul be under comtroll, even if that means on a lead IMHO.

…….wishing it dead is bad form though……

8/10 for the troll 8)

dustytrails

I once got bitten twice on the same ride, within a mile of each other. One was more a playfull puppy labrador nip at the heels – been walked by a couple of fit ladies so wasn't really bothered!!
    The second was from a dog that belonged to a fella that i'd met several times, both while riding & walking my own dog, i'd stopped for a chat & think that the sound of cleats clicking in to pedals spooked it – was a good job i had longs on as it left a hell of a bruise.

rOcKeTdOg

if you have a dog it should be under control, even if that means on a lead [/b]

+1

viv
    Free Member

Its never nice to wish something dead – But I bet the dogs were happy to cause harm to senorJ that day, thats not nice too. SenorJ just shouldn't feel happy or bad about it move on.

Owner a touch irresponsible to leave 4 or 5 dogs running free in and out of front gate really….

SirJonLordofBike1
    Free Member

if you have a dog it should be under control, even if that means on a lead

+1

Personally I detest the things and I find the presumption by owners that other people welcome their animals inquisative interactions,irritating to say the least!

senorj

viv.
    i agree , I would never wish anything dead.
    I didn't wish the dog dead,it just died.
    I did not hit the dog at all.
    Still serves it right though. 🙂

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I saw a dog tormenting a bird on my last ride. It had mauled the poor thing's wing, so I smacked the dog and chased the poo-spewing thing away back to it's wax coated owners. No regrets.

+2 Wookster and rOcKet.

toppers3933
    Free Member

dog owners should keep their dogs under control. especially when there are other people around. cyclists should also not act like they're not their though. a bit of courtesy on both sides is the way forward.

funkynick

Dogs I generally have no problem with… kids on the other hand should be kept on a lead after I'd had several in the last few days just randomly swerve into my path when I've been both riding and running…

luked2
    Free Member

Don't worry about the poor little chap.

He's gone to a happier place now. And one day his owner will join him there.

Rainbow's Bridge

swisstony
    Free Member

dogs are useless unless they're eaten or bred for fur coats

bassspine
    Free Member

"at least he died doing what he loved"

luked2
    Free Member

Maybe as a mark of respect we should have a 2 minute silence on this thread.

Please all bow your heads now.

luked2
    Free Member

And relax.

bassspine
    Free Member

that was more like three. We are too nice.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Last week me and my two boys were out for a walk. Coming the other way was a guy walking his Boxer dog. For some reason, poorly trained probably, the dog decided to take a run for my 3yr old son. Unfortunately, the guy didn't hold the dog's lead firmly enough to stop it and the dog flattened the boy scaring the shit out of him in the process. Was I fair in my decision to take a steel toe capped welly boot to its ribs, grab its lead and throw it down the path? The owner spouted the usual "he's only playing" nonsense too.

Thing is I quite like dogs and used to work in kennels, I just hate dog owners that think this is acceptable behaviour.

SaxonRider

Nick – Member
    Get chased by a dog and the dog keels over and dies, what's not to like?

Stuff dies all the time, it's part of life, maybe it died doing what it loved more than anything; chasing cyclists?

😆

senor j – Member
    viv.
    i agree , I would never wish anything dead.
    I didn't wish the dog dead,it just died.
    I did not hit the dog at all.
    Still serves it right though.

"Reap what you sow little doggy"

Does that comment not suggest that because a snappy little (possibly farm dog) gave you a bit of hassle it deserved to die?

Reap what you sow?

If my cat tried to scratch you, would you be glad if it then ran under the wheels of a car?

I agree dogs should be under control. I understand the dog died of natural causes and it's not the end of the world.

My take on this thread is merely that you don't seem to be a very nice person. If you're ok with that, then we can all get on with our lives.

Was I fair in my decision to take a steel toe capped welly boot to its ribs, grab its lead and throw it down the path? The owner spouted the usual "he's only playing" nonsense too.

No, the dog didn't know any better – you should have booted the owner.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Here's a couple of questions for you all: If a human behaved in the same way as the dog would it be acceptable? And, if not then why does it appear acceptable for the dog to do so?

Keva
    Free Member

why did you sh*t yourself over a few little dogs for ?

Whenever a dog(s) chase me on the bike I stop riding and stand still… dog has nothing to chase anymore and the excitement is over allowing me to say hello and be friendly to it.

sounds to me like you need to learn how to react when faced with situations instead of panicking like it's the end of your own life 🙄

theflatboy
    Free Member

from the OP i'm not convinced there was anything to worry about, unless it has been written less scary than what actually happened.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member

Here's a couple of questions for you all: If a human behaved in the same way as the dog would it be acceptable? And, if not then why does it appear acceptable for the dog to do so?

i'm not entirely sure this is non-bollocks, you know…

radoggair
    Free Member

If my cat tried to scratch you, would you be glad if it then ran under the wheels of a car?

If your cat tried to scratch me then it would get the biggest kicking in its life. Now, i 'like' cats, i love dogs and i 'like/love' humans, but if a human tried to scratch me it would get a kickin, a cat scratch me a kickin, a dog bite me a kickin.

You as an animal owner needs to wake up and realise that its not o.k for your pet to go around harming other things and think that we will just tolerate it.

So to answer your question, if your cat scratched me then got run over, i would try and help it but on the other hand i wouldn't feel at all guilty towards it, just look upon it as bad karma

I think you need to relax radogair.

So a totally untrainable animal tries to give you a little scratch, then you'd kick it's head in? As long as you'd be ok with me giving you the same treatment after kicking my cat.

What about feeding a horse and it bit your hand – would you shoot it?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

When animals become more important that humans it's a sad day.

yunki
    Free Member

I think what our countryside needs is the introduction of wolves and bears to liven it up a bit and keep everyone on their toes.. introduce a sense of perspective etc…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

be nice will that, the owner finding his dog dead in the road

so to save the doggies any distress he should have allowed them all to bite him lest they overexert themselves ?? Having been bitten more than once for no reason whatever I too would derive considerable satisfaction from seeing a snapping dog injure/kill itself while trying to get me – whyever not ? If the owner doesn't want Bonzo to croak itself they should keep it away from such excitements. What if it had been a child on a bike ?

Obi_Twa – Member
    When animals become more important that humans it's a sad day.

When animals are so unimportant they should be kicked, or beaten for their uninformed actions it's an even sadder day.

SFB – nothing you say surprises me, so I can't be bothered to rise to you.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Animals are unimportant. Humans are apex predators, dogs and cats etc are not.

viv
    Free Member

Keva – Member
    why did you sh*t yourself over a few little dogs for ?

Whenever a dog(s) chase me on the bike I stop riding and stand still… dog has nothing to chase anymore and the excitement is over allowing me to say hello and be friendly to it.

sounds to me like you need to learn how to react when faced with situations instead of panicking like it's the end of your own life

Ha – I remember I used to be tormented by a dog on one particular ride, one time I stopped riding and waited and he just ran up and bit me.

I propose that the new coalition heavily taxes dogs, ring fences the money and pools it into a running man style exploding collar scheme that can be rolled out nationwide in less than a year……

Then the technology could filter up to humans and stop bikers from using the footpaths….

Or we could just try and live together

Obi_Twa – Member
    Animals are unimportant.

I don't think I need to add any further comments, or maybe just one……

PRICK!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Constructive post that. Well done. You must be proud.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘reap what you sow little doggy!’ is closed to new replies.