Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 253 total)
  • Rate the last movie you watched.
  • DezB
    Free Member

And you get to see Kirsten Dunst naked.

Sounds rubbish that 😯

clubber
    Free Member

Watched “X-Men First Class” on Tuesday – enjoyed it again (saw it in the cinema originally). Worth a watch if you’re into that sort of film.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I watched a few movies yesterday (whilst I get over manflu)

17 Again – 8/10
    Iron Man – 9/10

benman
    Free Member

Paranormal Activity (first one) – thought I’d finally watch it to see what the hype is about. Meh 6/10

Still probably going to watch the sequel tonight though…

jamiec360
    Free Member

Killer elite, thought it would be a basic action flick but absolutely cracking, great cast with steatham, de Niro and Clive Owen. At least an 8/10

elaineanne
    Free Member

127 hours brilliant movie….”could you do it if it was you” ?
    The Decent 2….also pretty good…

joolsburger
    Free Member

District 9 , again – 9/10

tom84
    Free Member

flight from jfk you two? i passed on capt. amaerica and chose kramer vs kramer, very very good. also saw bridesmaids and senna on the way out, both superb too.

i want to see this moneyball film is it out yet? kinda dorky subject but i think brad pitt is actually a good actor.

darrell
    Free Member

Marmaduke

So crap it was great being pished helped

emanuel
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071585/
    still haven’t seen a visconti film I haven’t liked.
    8/10.
    hoping to see the new mike leigh one soonish.

dogbert
    Free Member

Pearl Jam 20, saw it a few weeks ago but it was on BBC4 tonight (repeated again at 1:55 if anyones interested) I gave it a solid Ten (ho ho) but probably a biased opinion

Northwind

Machine Gun Preacher… Really surprisingly good, manages to avoid most of the obvious pitfalls for a film like that. Not all, though. Still, there was a very big chance it’d suck, and it didn’t, so hurrah.

Just watched ‘one for the road’ from TGR. Good skiing shots, weak soundtrack. Bonkers lines. 7/10

clubber
    Free Member

Watched Source Code last night and it was really quite enjoyable despite he fact that it sort of shouldn’t have been because the central plot theme is pretty outrageous

ddmonkey

The boy in the striped pyjamas – not a lot happens but it does built very well to the inevitable ending which I thought was all done very well – subtle but shocking none the less. 8/10 but a bit depressing.

yunki
    Free Member

Despicable Me – good plot and the characters were lovingly crafted with a depth and sensitivity that sold the subtext in a manner which was gentle and sublime..
    the cinematography let it down however.. and for this reason I am only able to give it a 7/10

Horton Hears a Who looks like it may provide a more rounded experience.. I shall report back later..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thor – on the plane back from the US. Fun. Amusing in parts, and enjoyable tosh overall.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Another vote for “Drive” – top quality movie.

john_drummer
    Free Member

got a “10 free rentals” offer from Blockbuster as one of our nearest branches has closed down & they seem to think I’m a good customer.

Been today on mrs_drummer’s instructions and we now have 4 nights to watch the following (all her choices):
    Salt
    Inception
    Thor
    Middle Men

Can’t say I’m looking forward to Inception; the others should be harmless though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ides of March – 6.75/10

RealMan
    Free Member

The Fountain – 9/10.

Fantastic to finally see a film by Aronofsky that doesn’t make you want to curl up and hide somewhere. One of my favourite films of all time I think.

Into The Wild – 5/10.

Feels a bit harsh, but my initial reaction was boring, boring, boring, dull, dull, dull. After thinking about it for a while I’ve kinda come to appreciate the beauty in the film, and almost watched it again. Might have if it wasn’t so boring. Also enough with the mummy/daddy issues, dear god.

Oh also Contagion – 5/10.

People cough, then they die. I wasn’t bored, but I wasn’t entertained either. Did pretty much nothing for me.

emanuel
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.es/title/tt0066434/
    thx 1138
    lucas.
    8.5 for me,bit harsh over at imdb with 6.8.
    good dialogues,excellent photography.deep yet funny in a bleak,dark way.pessimistic,hopeful.just great.
    reminded me of truffaut’s farenheit 451.
    nice commentary in the extras too.

morgs
    Free Member

popped over to watch Immortals over the weekend. 9.5 / 10 – only thing stopping it being a 10 is not enought atehna 😉

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Swimming Pool – It was alright.

toby1

Submarine – had higher hopes than it warranted, 5/10. Amusing in places, but hardly hillarious as is suggests from the reviews on the cover. But maybe I just didn’t ‘get’ it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hurt Locker – Not quite Black Hawk Down, but good none-the-less. 7/10

emanuel
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078268/
    seven days in january,bardem.1977.
    Weak,makes an interesting story quite boring.
    conventional.bit rhetoric.6.5 at the most.
    had expected better from the director of the best spanish film I’ve ever seen.death of a cyclist.1955.8/10.
    so,shame.try to give spanish films a chance,living here and all.but they just don’t compare to the big players,france,us,italy,japan,russia,uk,germany.
    buñuel excepted,but he worked in mexico mostly.

here’s the link,excellent, if anyone ever has the chance:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048394/

voodoo_chile

naughty housewives 7 ..not as good as 4 but storyline has a bit more to it …i give it 8 breasts out of a possible 10 🙄

whinosp
    Free Member

Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark 2/10

Utterly, utterly predicable. I should have realised when it said ‘presented by Guillermo del Toro’. I would go in to a Kermodian rant about how poor it was, but don’t the energy.

singlecrack
    Free Member

The Social Network 2/10
    crap really…

warton
    Free Member

Bad Teacher 6/10 quite enjoyable. it started well, but it faded…

Flaperon

The Scorpion King.

2.5/10

fasthaggis

Jack Goes Boating

Hoffman and Amy Ryan are excellent.
    8/10

Potiche

Superb Frenchness
    8/10

john_drummer
    Free Member

Inception was ok. beautifully shot but waaaayyy too long

konadad
    Free Member

transformers- rubbish style over content american rubbish

hurt locker- eh? what was that all about. boom!

twenty-pearl jam- very good

signs- excellent but cant watch it late at night

ice age 3- meh

midlifecrashes

Sex Drive was on the telly last night, I laughed like a drain. American high school/college comedy. Not quite Road Trip or Superbad, but good fun. 8/10

Seggons
    Free Member

source code, bloody excellent

edhornby

Swimming Pool – It was alright.

Francois Ozon? I’d agree with your assessment

last thing I saw – Pirates of the Carribean 4, dull. Please don’t bother with a fifth

emanuel
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118971/
    devil’s advocate.
    bit tacky.some good monologues.but there’s something missing in the storytelling.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘Rate the last movie you watched.’ is closed to new replies.