Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 253 total)
  • Rate the last movie you watched.
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah Ratatouille is a Pixar fillum. 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Warrior – I’d give it a 9/10. Not your usual martial arts film in that it has depth and substance to the plot.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

cowboys and aliens on dvd, ok as bubble gum entertainment, but rubbish tbh. 3/10

chewkw
    Free Member

Cannot remember the last time I went to cinema … movie on telly counts?

buttercup
    Free Member

Watched the inbetweeners before work… a solid 1.

konabunny
    Free Member

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy – awesome, even if it mostly excommunicates the very subtle discussion/references to class which the book and BBC miniseries had.

Take me home tonight – 2/10

Royston
    Free Member

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy- really enjoyed it.
    Incendies- also very very good.

cheese@4p

The Man Who Fell To Earth – Brilliant movie although a bit of a Bowie vehicle 8/10

justatheory
    Free Member

Warrior – I was sceptical after reading the plot synopsis, but it was surprisingly good. Strong performances from Tom Hardy, Edgerton and especially Nick Nolte made what could’ve been a terrible film in to an enjoyable one – 8/10.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Haywire. Pretty decent, I’d recommend it for a bit of mindless action.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Tropic Thunder 7/10 Good laugh and Tom Cruise is superb.

derekrides
    Free Member

Haven’t been to the movies for ages then went twice in quick succession, saw a week with Marilyn which was OK, quite enjoyed it, bit of a UK luvvyfest, but was quite fun. say 6/10 then saw the Iron Lady.

Love or hate Thatcher it was a nasty film so if you hated her, worth a visit, personally I’m ambivalent she was both good and bad, but no way as bad as our current crop of lying thieving scumbag politicos. The movie however is worth going to see simply because of Streeps performance she is without doubt the finest acting person across both sexes imv, totally wasted in this obviously female bitchfest about Thatcher’s descent into Dementia with hints that it was going on whilst she was at the controls..

Nasty Film buoyed up by an acting genius.

D0NK

we talking last film watched or last new film watched?
    Re-watched Cashback last week 9/10, actually no sod it make that a 10, not everyones cup of tea tho I’d guess.
    Can’t actually remember the last new film I watched, can’t have been that good.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Also saw Tinker Tailor (last night). I thought it was very good indeed, but thought the ending was a bit twee.

ski
    Free Member

The latest Sherlock movie at Vue 9/10

That good, I want to watch the first one.

Spoiler alert

The scene where they are running away from the cannon through the woodland was amazing, loved the slow motion filming during the scene.

wrecker
    Free Member

Drive; 6/10
    Could have been really good but didn’t quite deliver for me.

Nick

Watched Source Code last night, 3/10, sentimental and silly.

Tried to watch Tropic Thunder a week ago, 0/10, Coogan blowing up was mildly amusing, nothing remotely funny for the next 15 minutes so I switched it off.

wallop

@hels

Thanks for the recommendation of How I Ended this Summer – I stuck it on my lovefilm list and finally got to watch it tonight. I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

deluded
    Free Member

‘State of Grace’ on American Blu-ray import.

SUPERB.

monkeyboyjc

The new Muppet Movie
    2/10

even my daughter didnt like it – soooooooo s l o w

also disagree with those saying Tinker Tailor is a 8/10+ film 6 or 7 at best, well shot, well acted but you could guess ‘who dunnit’ just by the casting.

donks
    Free Member

Buried watched on Thursday night 5 out of 10. Just kept shouting at the telly bloody stupid Americans. Before that the new Sherlock film was great 9/10

Pigface
    Free Member

Captain America dull dull dull

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Dispicable Me. An above average modern kids movie. Very funny, great to look at although perhaps a touch sentimental for some STW grumps (not me) at the end.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

“The Lives of Others”

Surveillance in Stasi-controlled East Berlin in 1984.

Absolutely brilliant film. Very poignant ending.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Drive, I would give it a seven, cool soundtrack and a nice feel about it, but could have been so much better.

The new Sherlock Holmes, I would give an eight, my Mum liked it too.

willyboy
    Free Member

La Haine – watched last night. Been wanting to watch it for years. 7.5/10. A good (classic) movie, but i felt that it was missing something.

Mesrine next.

MRanger156
    Free Member

The Departed – 7.5/10

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Source code the other night on bluray 6/10.

loum
    Free Member

warrior – superb

elzorillo
    Free Member

Tinker tailor soldier spy.. Slow but very good. 8/10

AlexSimon

Drive – 7/10
    Liked the pace, the cinematography, acting and soundtrack. Really enjoyed the relationships between the different characters.

But for me, it would have been better without the graphic violence – it could have worked really well if it had been implied or bubbling under. As it was it came across as try-hard and sensational.

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

Not watched it yet but i have just got hesher to watch tonight hopefully thats good.

immortals last night which was ok give it a 7.

And submarine i liked 8 out of 10

Milkie
    Free Member

Contraband – 6/10
    I should’ve known as Mark Wahlberg is in it. Slow, boring storyline, not much action.

stanfree
    Free Member

Watched a film called ‘The Way’ with Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez .It’s about a Father whoes son dies and he then does the pilgrimage El Camino walk in his honour . It also stars James Nesbitt and was pretty good .

7/10

MaryHinge
    Free Member

The new Sherlock is good, if you like Pirates of the Carribean type films.

I’m not a film watcher, but went to the Odeon to watch it after I’d seen the first one on the telly. Really enjoyed it.

Previous cinema visit was Last King of Scotland. Had to go with SWMBO as she had spent time in Uganda. Actually was really good.

Before that I went to see Toy Story when my lad was about 6yo, so about 16 years ago!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Oooh, just remembered, I watched Vantage Point on DVD a few years ago. That was pretty good IIRC.

craigxxl
    Free Member

8/10 Chronicle.

noteeth
    Free Member

Bombay Beach – fragmentary, near-dreamlike exploration of life at the American margin… with dancing. By turns funny & very sad, and beautifully shot.

Didn’t know what to expect, but a strangely uplifting experience. 8/10.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Troll Hunter, funny adn very entertaining despite being Norwegian with subtitles, great special effects (unless it was real) and filmed around a fantastic backdrop of fjords and mountains, a great place to go mtb,ing, even night riding if you dare! 8/10

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘Rate the last movie you watched.’ is closed to new replies.