Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 253 total)
  • Rate the last movie you watched.
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Took our 5yo son to watch the latest Muppets movie on half term.

Utter pants.

In all our opinions.

He lost interest half way through.

Apparently my two nephews (5 & 7) enjoyed it though. There’s no accounting for taste I suppose. 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

Muppets – 7/10

edlong
    Free Member

The Muppets

Had some funny moments, kids (6 and 10) loved it.

Any more sugary though, and I’d have come out of the cinema with diabetes.

7/10 (10/10 for kids)

BigJohn

9.5/10

mikey3
    Free Member

Not a movie but i just watched a first season box set of dexter that a mate lent me and its brilliant!!

cheese@4p

Marx Brothers – Duck Soup
    Not the best MB film, has it’s funny set pieces as usual but it has no flow to it.

Dolcered

The Devils double, no idea how factual, if at all. Few gory moments, plays on stereotypes, but watchable enough.

scud
    Free Member

Drive – 8/10

TT- Closer to the Edge, not really a movie i suppose but 9.9/10, Guy Martin is a brillant in it, especially as he seems to spend most of his time on his mountain bike

schrickvr6
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member

9.5/10

Didn’t think it was that good, the ending let it down I thought.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Cannibal Holocaust. A proper nasty film that I probably wouldn’t recommend to anyone who hasn’t got a strong constitution or is really into horror. It made all 3 of us who watched it feel very grubby and ill and I cant see myself watching it again. Then again, if the aim of a horror movie is to horrify rather than scare, then it achieved its goal. 6.5/10.

yoshimi

“Adventureland”

I thought I couldn’t stand the 2 main actors before this – I was wrong – I love films with virtually no plot

9/10

portlyone

The Ward – 3/10 (the shower scene moves it up from -2)

samuri
    Free Member

Chronicle – 0/10.

Absolutely dire. My wife fell asleep.

Pigface
    Free Member

Troll Hunter not as good as I was hoping, a bit to long maybe. 6/10

mikey74
    Free Member

I watched Troll Hunter last night – I thought it was very good.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

The Muppets, thought it wasn’t that good but if you watched the tv series you’ll want to go like I did. Daughter, 7, thought it was ok but not great.

Edit: the highlight was Animal at anger managemnet classes with jack black.

Watched Aliens versus Cowboys last night, better than I had imagined, not that I imagined much to start with but ok.

Solo
    Free Member

I recently watched Master and Commander, Far side of the world.

Flippin excellent little film.

marco
    Free Member

Monsters Inc with my 5 yr old boy
    What a top movie, the bit in the conveyor/crusher is so funny

monkeyboyjc

Real Steel – 7/10
    boxers replaced by robots – basically rocky in a tin can. Predicatble, but enjoyable – take it with a pinch of salt and its a fun film….

eviljoe
    Free Member

Girlfriend finally got me to see Warhorse.

Standard emotionally manipulative american spielberg drivel. Even she didn’t like it. Over sentimentalised Dartmoor – not looking forward to the bus loadsof American tourists who will now undoubtedly descend upon my favourite haunts.

Cheers Steven.

3/10

Naranjada
    Free Member

Dogtooth – 6/10

Greek family ‘social experiment’, quite odd and darkly comical in places.

Wozza
    Free Member

“The girl with the dragon tattoo.”

Was much better than I thought it was going to be. Recommended.

PrinceJohn

Transformers 3 –

utter utter bobbins. It sounded great, fantastic cgi, BUT… the worst handled human scenes since Attack of the Clones, some random f-words chucked in, obvious plot holes & a complete snooze fest.

Coyote
    Free Member

Woman in Black – Fantastic!

baden

Just watched Moon sat in a hotel room on my lap top. Sci-fi for adults. Not a life changer but well worth seeing. 8/10.

jon1973
    Free Member

Harry Potter, The deathly hallows part 1. Pretty tedious, 3/10. Got the second one to watch tonight.

toby1

Super – I thought it was going to be more of a comedy and not so violent, it makes the Sopranos feel delicate!

I think it was a good film though, largely carried by Ellen Page who is a great actress. I might have to re-watch it knowing what to expect.

roper
    Free Member

I watched “A Single Man” last night.
    Beautiful film and beautifully filmed too. I was surprised at the cast but it all worked well.

9/10

warton
    Free Member

District 9

8.5 / 10, the best film I’ve seen in a long, long time

dabble
    Free Member

Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon.

Good CGI, but it was too long, no story, the bird is pretty fit. Shia la boeuf is as annoying as always. I laughed once, got tense a couple of times (i’d had a curry and was sat with people i didn’t want to fart all over), and cried zero times. Didnt see the need for the random f-bombs either, they never had that in the cartoons!

Don’t bother, save yourself 2 and a half hours, go for a ride instead.

_tom_
    Free Member

Hugo, really enjoyed this. 8/10.

Mintman
    Free Member

Super 8 -mostly enjoyed it but not sure if I was hoping for a more “confrontational” ending. On the whole quite enjoyable though.

mudshark
    Free Member

The Wrester, 8/10. A bit too close to my life though – well if you swap IT work for wrestling anyway….

mattsccm
    Free Member

Marigold Hotel thingy last night.
    Great, watch it

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Neds. Started out OK, of interest as a period piece to anyone who grew up in the 70s or in Glasgow, but it lost its way badly towards the end and it could have ended a good 20 mins before it did.

lazybike
    Free Member

A Prophet…..very good

wingnuts

Muppets on Saturday night. Pants. Didn’t work on any level I’m afraid. Kids didn’t get any of the reference points and the adult level opportunities were woefully igroned. 2/10. Mrs W loved it because it reminded her of a happy time and not the actual story/plot/content.

cheese@4p

Ditto A Prophet – it was good if not actually enjoyable and kept me up till 2 am 7/10

kimbers

Apollo 18
    aside from the budget conscious found footage plot device it wasn’t too bad a couple of genuine frights and good use of claustrophobic space suits/apollo lander. 7/10

Bagstard
    Free Member

Warrior, 8/10 enjoyable, but unbelievable and the fights you wanted to see didn’t happen.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘Rate the last movie you watched.’ is closed to new replies.