Home Forums Bike Forum Rampage. Anyone watching

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Rampage. Anyone watching
  • pothead
    Free Member

Re 2nd runs I think it’s a shame they don’t keep it running until everyone has had a chance of 2 runs

Brendan Fairclough said that he’d missed a trick on the last jump of his 1st run but wasn’t prepared to risk serious injury or worse by doing it all again in the hope of getting a couple of extra points and finishing a place higher. I don’t blame him in the slightest but I’d be really p****d off if I was Ben Deakin and Ollie Wilkins for not getting the best dig crew award, the graft they put into building the step up onto the rock (and the run into it) and cutting the drop and landing on Jordie Lunns chute was off the scale

andylc
    Free Member

Playing devils advocate here somewhat because I do like the natural lines – but with the crazy level of skill on offer these days I’m not sure it would work that well – any of these riders can go down extreme terrain, so since it’s a comp how else are you going to get a winner other than with technically difficult tricks?
    Placing a higher level of importance on the most extreme trick might help but then perhaps would make severe injuries more likely.

joefm

I disagree. That traverse across the rock face with a jump looked pretty unrideable to me.  Not sure the majority could have managed it.

also thought Brandon s’s run was probably deserving of winning up there despite everyone moaning. That lilypad was wild.

we appreciate how hard these tech sections are. But big gaps and flips gets more views from the general public. That’s just being cynical though.

shame Tom I didn’t get a second run.

mrhoppy

I don’t think it was particularly unreasonable for Brandon to win, I preferred Szymon’s run but they were clearly close. TVS’s complaints feel a bit off, he was scored very close to a podium place and not that far from the winner, it’s margins for error. Brendan’s was clearly underscored, not sure it was up with the top 4 but wasn’t far off, I think Talus was also a bit hard done by whereas some of the good old boys they seemed to be searching for justification to score them higher.

desperatebicycle

Don’t think its been posted, Brendog’s follow up video is really nicely done. You see a moment afterwards that shows how gutted he actually was.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.