Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Radio-controlled car for 6 year old – suggestions?
  • chiefgrooveguru

Little Miss Guru has requested one for Xmas. I suspect some kind of monster truck that’ll drive around our garden is better than something fast where I’d have to supervise her on our road.

Obviously not some kind of complicated expensive thing, she’s only 6 and easily amused!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had a similar request a while back. Still very pleased with my choice.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/off-road-rc-car-recommendations-if-you-please/#post-10501810

DrP

Some sort of scale crawler will fit her..
    Can vary from £60ish, to hundreds and hundreds…
    Nice and sturdy, but also sloooow and stable!!

DrP

aazlad
    Free Member

We were in exactly the same position…our 6 year old was asking for a better remote control car after having a ‘toy’ one that buzzes around the kitchen but is a bit rubbish.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XK7VCJ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This arrived last week and I had a little play while giving the batteries a pre-xmas charge. The quality appears to be pretty good, it’s 4 Wheel drive, its pretty slow and it comes with two battery packs.

milko9000
    Free Member

I got that one ^ for my 6-yr-old lad just last week as well.

VanHalen

alex – this is the opportunity to invest in something totally inappropriate for her but totally appropriate for razzing over the jumps at the dis-used MUGA off ladies mile or the skatepark.

you really want this ‘as a project you and her can achieve together’ she will ‘grow into it’ in teh mean time you can ‘help her enjoy it’ through ‘quality daddy daughter time’

not that i would do this – ahem

nofx
    Free Member

The ftx outlaw is a good one. If you get the brushed one, it’ll top out at about 20mph. Tough truck. I’ve had one a couple of years, I’ve only broken a rear drive shaft & a body post. Our little un drives it too, he’s 7.

hazmo

Last year minimo (6yrs old) got a lego rc tracked racer. Great fun building and great for driving about the house.

johndoh
    Free Member

What you need is one of these…

Unfortunately they are a bit pricy.

medlow
    Free Member

I got my 6yr old a Ripmax Dingo..
    It’s flipping fast and outdoor only.. For £70 it’s excellent and parts are easily available.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

ok, i asked the very same a long time ago, maybe my boy was a bit older but nontheless…

tamiya mad bull, google it.

really fun to make on boxing day, let the lad loose on painting and decorating the shell, seriously quick and super fun to drive, wheelspinning donuts like a crazy thing, do buy spare batteries though.

shuhockey
    Free Member

So two BSD storm prime RC cars turned up for Christmas. Surviving well with the curbs and crashes. So what do I need to upgrade first? We also have traxxas bandit, so id like to get them up to a similar level. On the storms I’ve noticed the steering is quite slow and when the battery gets low you have to lift off the power before they steer, so would a new steering thing sorry this? Then batteries? Fast charger? Ta

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Radio-controlled car for 6 year old – suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.