Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Quantocks roll call for saturday (sharki / Knottie / Charlie ride)
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Cool! Really looking forward to it now. Just been hammering the bike for an hour to make sure it won’t fall apart while we’re out. Is there ANYTHING a big mallet and a pot of grease can’t fix? 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

first STW Qs group ride …2005

RichPenny
    Free Member

There is a disturbingly high lycra ratio in that pic! I guess the rest of the group are just off camera tucking in to a mountain of cake?

aleigh
    Free Member

lycra……grrrrrr 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

cake……grrrrrr 😉

crispybacon
    Free Member

hmmmm women in lycra eating cake ….grrrrrr 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

are you taking any of your sandwich specials RP? 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

crispybacon…….now you’re dreaming 😉 😆

cinnamon_girl

Gosh, I’m getting so excited! Will we be allowed to take obligatory “bike leaning against post” pics at Bicknoller Post?

But … I still haven’t made a decision … forget about “what tyres?”, it’s “what bike”? Will my “summer bike” cope with all the stream crossings?

Can we have an update on The Chimney please? Have you cleared it for me 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

Certainly am! Meat is marinating at the moment. Sadly my cake making skills are limited but Anna is helping out on that front 🙂 hip flask may well make an appearance too…

aleigh
    Free Member

hip flask ay……and what tipple will you have in there may i ask?! 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

we will be stopping at “the post” for lunch…the tarmac has been laid at the chimney although the white lines wont be finished.

snaps
    Free Member

Why do they call it the chimney?

cinnamon_girl

knottie8 – ta ever so! Has the ambulance been booked?

Strangelove
    Free Member

I’ll be there with a service station pasty and a malt loaf if I can get out of bed at 6 am on a Saturday 😯
    The slow group for me.. no medium… no slow. I suppose it will depend on whether I want to get tired or take pictures

saladdodger
    Free Member

Weather forcast alert

saturday

SUNNY WITH A COOL BREEZE

big smile oh yea bring it on 😀

knottie8
    Free Member

we will be doing this bit(there is a keep dry feet option which i will use).

and this bit early on.

scraprider
    Free Member

wwwooohhhoooo cant wait

saladdodger
    Free Member

hey can I have a splash about

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

eviljoe
    Free Member

Can we have a Lycra and a non Lycra group please?

charlierevell
    Free Member

I will be running the hidden lycra group! Shorts only, coz then you can show off your ticks and scars on monday at work!
    Been up there for a few hours 2nite, absolutly wonderfull! If it stays dry its going to be one hell of a f@!king ride!!!!!!

CANT WAIT!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Can someone please refresh the details?

Meet-up at Crowcombe Gate car park, wasn’t it (that’s the one up on the top in the middle… usually with an ice-cream van in it)?

What time?

trickydisco
    Free Member

I replied to IHN email.. Put me down for the ‘b’tids gunna kill me ride’ :D. I like a challenge

Can someone remind me how long it is and what time expected finish (I know ..roughly)

gingerflash

MrsF and I were planning to come down, staying with Nettles. Unfortunately she’s working in Belgium and won’t get home (Leeds) til about 10pm Friday so it’s not really doable this time.

Would’ve been cool to ride new trails with new people. Next time maybe.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Just found the other thread about it
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/to-those-coming-down-to-the-qs-21st-marchpics
    13 mile, 18 mile and a 1 a bit further 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Hold the **** on, who are these late comers?????
    Jeez, i’ll be needing to sort out a 4th group at this rate………………….

The weather will be awesome.
    The trails are driftastic and will cause injury if you don’t keep 110% concentration.
    There are lots of sheep and lambs about so beware of stubborn ones on the trails.

CG, summer bike will be fine the few water splashes you’ll do are only about 2 inches deep at the most and put some summer tyres on too, no mud round here!

And the chimney is not tarmaced, i did it today at around 12 and again in the dark and it was certainly not smoothed out, however it certainly is fun(for me at least)

I’ve now done about 60miles up there this week and can safely say the Quantocks trails are running the best they’ve been in a few years..so thanks to Aleigh for a choice weekend for you all to experience our little hills!

BTW, if your planning on staying over on sat night, bring a sleeping bag and grub for brekie, drinks for sat night and sum shower gel, towels, etc.

Who was planning on coming up and staying in the CP in their van on friday night????mail me please addy in profile.

Ta.

knottie8
    Free Member

tricky d
    both the shorter routes arnt set in stone and if it all goes super smooth we may add a few bits in. After the main route we will offer the “chimney ” route if anyone wants it. an extra3-4 miles mostly flat but worth it.

Anyone running late or lost but defenaitly coming can call or txt me on 07950132713 .

thurman
    yes where the icecream van used to be . It hasnt been there for some time now mind.

Dibbs
    Free Member

If you’re going anywhere near water can someone please remember a life jacket and armbands for Andy 🙂

sharki, only 60 miles, you lightweight I’ve done double that so far (well it’d rude not to with the weather like it is) 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

look ‘ere Dibbs you aint coming , remember(work I recall)…I shall make a point of pointing out the power station during the ride.lol

knottie8
    Free Member

part of the Wuss/knitting/pic takers and walkers group route……

Dibbs
    Free Member

You’re a very cruel man knottie 😥
    I didn’t realise the last STW ride was so long ago, I still had a moustache and a PRST4.

saladdodger
    Free Member

And who is the designated life guard??? 😕

Dibbs
    Free Member

For anyone interested, this is the Chimney from a couple of days ago.
    The Chimney

sm500
    Free Member

Hi knottie
    Will be up if i can get out of work, what time r u meeting an where? an can you tell me single speed, or geared bike? cheers

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Knottie – sorry, I must’ve skipped a page… What time are we meeting up??

Dibbs
    Free Member

Quantocks yesterday

knottie8
    Free Member

the easy group route is SS able apart from maybe two bits of hill.

meet 9 for 10 start

all details somewhere on this thread(im at work and shouldnt be on here)…

sm500
    Free Member

Thanks, will now try a juggle work for tomorrow ,)

Anna-B
    Free Member

so thanks to Aleigh for a choice weekend

Am sooooo looking forward to tomorrow! Aleigh great idea. You will get your reward in tasty cakes tomorrow…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hold the **** on, who are these late comers?????
    >Jeez, i’ll be needing to sort out a 4th group at this rate………………….

blame Mr Nettles ;). I responded to his email on the 11th feb about this ride..

So do you reckon 3-4 hours for hard ride?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks roll call for saturday (sharki / Knottie / Charlie ride)’ is closed to new replies.