Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,140 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • kimbers

b33k34Full Member
    What’s the inside leg on the Zenith shorts?  (size medium preferably but anything will give a guide).  I’m tall so looking for longer leg

my Roams were a bit shorter than others

Ordered some zeniths due to arrive on Saturday

cp

Getting a 404 message when I click on Ribble’s parts/accessories section.  Bought a few little bargains off of there recently.

Wonder what’s going on there?

Their parts and accessories clearance sale was supposed to end at midnight tonight but looks like it’s gone early!

zerocool

@nickfrog – I found the same thing with the women’s Nukeproof trousers. They just seemed to be the same as the men’s trousers, but an in between size with shorter leg length as opposed to normal women’s kit that has a different cut.

elray89
    Free Member

May have been covered: Specialized Tactic 4 helmet is on sale between £30 and £40 across a bunch of different colours and sizes, on a bunch of different websites at the moment.

My POC Tectal is getting a bit long in the tooth and has some issues that bother me a bit too (annoying to wear with my sunglasses), so I ordered one from Balfe’s Bikes last week with the idea that I would take advantage of a Bargain whilst the sale is on and keep it for when I need a new helmet at some point soon.

It arrived a few days ago and I like it enough that I started using it straight away. Really comfy for me and apparently one of the highest safety ratings you can get too. Plus it looks pretty modern and cool if you want that Instagram MTB influencer steez. Also I like the fixed visor, but that may be polarising.

Tracey
    Houns

I wear a fair bit of women’s bike and outdoor clothing, sometimes is just a case of going up a size or two, and, in the sales, more often the items are discounted by more than the men’s equivalent.

natrix
    Free Member

At least 50% off at Polaris clothing https://www.polaris-bikewear.com/

jaminb
    Free Member

I have no idea if this is a bargain or not but at £100 for an unnecessary +1 thought it worth a mention.

If any BMXer’s know it is rubbish please do say so

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/mp/mongoose/mongoose-ritual-500/_/R-p-9612605c-1633-4695-9e91-461c1fbb32a8?mc=9612605c-1633-4695-9e91-461c1fbb32a8_c5&c=blue

bens
    Free Member

Shiny new website and 30% off at Superstar with EASTER24.

I kind of the miss the feel of the old website lol.

kimbers

sad to see theres no 10 mm qr through axels on the superstar site!

bens
    Free Member

No hub spares either. I’m hoping they just haven’t had a chance to get them on the new website yet.

Otherwise, I’ll kick myself for not buying a spare freehub while I had the chance.

oldfart

https://brokenriders.com/

30% off sitewide this weekend, great quality threads 👍

jamesoz

Scott 10l hydration pack with spine protection for just over £40 with EASTER10 code.

Scott Trail Protect FR 10 Cycling Backpack – Yellow

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Never ending PSAs ahhh-ahhhh-ahhhh.

davros

Mentioned earlier but loads of Scott MTB tops for £10-15 minus Easter 10% discount. Worn my long sleeved one and it’s quality so tempted to get a couple of short sleeve for summer.

https://startfitness.co.uk/search?q=Scott+jersey

Tom83

Thanks for that @davros, couple of short sleeved ones ordered for summer (if we have those any more?)

el_boufador

Merlin doing Shimano RT66 SLX rotors 220mm £10

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-sm-rt66-6-bolt-rotor-58403.html

bigginge

Merlin have 220mm centerlock rotors for £12.50 too.

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-slx-rt64-centrelock-rotor-102470.html

bens
    Free Member

Another Merlin bargain, 180-203 PM adaptor for £3.99.

I bought 2 last week and wasn’t sure what I’d end up with but they’re retail packaged with bolts and washers included.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

If you’re with EE you can get 6 months free Apple TV.

Just activated mine

allyharp

Sportpursuit have a few different pairs of Alpinestars mtb trousers at £34.99, including Tahoe Waterproof ones which well reviewed and very cheap.

bonni

Decent riding glasses at Banana Industries reduced from £120 to £34.99.

https://www.bananaindustries.co.uk/collections/performance-eyewear/products/banoptics-chameleon-performance-eyewear

😎

choppersquad
    Free Member

Cheers for that ^^ just ordered some. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a site where you can buy a bottom bracket and a picnic table at the same time.

chestrockwell

Ta for the Zenith shorts PSA, first ride today and very impressed.

ogden
    Free Member

@chestrockwell How do they size up?

chestrockwell

Pretty standard, a little bigger if anything. I got xl and they fit me with 36” waist but would certainly be fine for 38, if not 40. Stretchy too.

Superficial
    Free Member

If you’re with EE you can get 6 months free Apple TV.

Just activated mine

Thanks for this. We had just started watching Ted Lasso on Apple’s free week-long trial. A 6 month trial means I might get through a whole season of something!

bikesandboats
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a site where you can buy a bottom bracket and a picnic table at the same time.

And a box of kingskins!

I also ordered some, thanks for the PSA.

didnthurt

Just bought a pair of glaseses from Banana Industries, as well as a few other small bits.

I’ve managed to lose 3 pairs of glasses and scratch the lens of another pair over the last 12 months so this was good timing.

Having a look around their website, I could see stock in the sales from Ribble (Level) Chiggle (Nukeproof and Ragley) and Planet X (Carnac). Weird. And as pointed out already there is some eclectic stock on that website. Bargains too.

Edit:- they have plenty of saddles going cheap, including a tempting half price Flite.

finbar
    Free Member

Having a look around their website, I could see stock in the sales from Ribble (Level) Chiggle (Nukeproof and Ragley) and Planet X (Carnac). Weird. And as pointed out already there is some eclectic stock on that website. Bargains too.

Isn’t Banana Industries Dave – former Planet X owner – continuing his Delboy/Mike Brewer wheeler dealering? Not that that’s a bad thing.

_charlie_
    Free Member
    branes

Isn’t Banana Industries Dave – former Planet X owner – continuing his Delboy/Mike Brewer wheeler dealering?

Yes. (Banana Industries=Futa Co. Ltd).

cerrado-tu-ruido

High Roller, Hans Dampf & others for £12.99  on Banana Industries.

https://www.bananaindustries.co.uk/collections/tyres

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a site where you can buy a bottom bracket and a picnic table at the same time.

@choppersquad
      they’ve put your quote on the home page

quentyn

Thanks for the link to the banana industries. That page I have just ordered some new tires and a saddle. I didn’t need the tires but they are orange which is the colour scheme of my bike 🙂

davros

3c high roller 29 x 2.5 for £25 is a bargain.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Awesome😀. I did actually buy a turbo jet lighter to go with my glasses and I don’t even smoke. That’s the power of cheap prices and  a website that actually works.

chakaping
    Free Member

3c high roller 29 x 2.5 for £25 is a bargain

Did you work out of its maxxgrip or terra?

One of the pics shows maxxgrip but I don’t trust it

davros

Either way is good. I’ve had a couple of max terra for a few years and they’ve served me well.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.