• This topic has 2,212 replies, 408 voices, and was last updated 3 hours ago by Gribs.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,213 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • scunny
    Free Member

Any 140mm 29″ forks about?

dc1988

I’ve got a set of those Lyrik base forks from CRC that I no longer need if you’re interested

thenorthwind

Tyres ordered from Banana Industries, thanks. Ordered post pub so added socks and a lighter too. Maybe some other stuff I’ve forgotten about. I also don’t smoke 😳

teenrat

@thenorthwind – your above post has made it onto the banana industries home page

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does anyone who bought several of the bargain Brand-X dropper cartridges (or posts) want to part with a 170mm one?

Mine has developed a sag with impeccable timing and they’ve not appeared on the Evans site.

thenorthwind

So it has 😅

I just wanted some cheap tyres and all I got is this lousy quote on the Banana Industries homepage.

There you go, have another one 😉

bikerevivesheffield

@thisisnotaspoon

I’ve got one but not from the bargains, direct from hotlines.

Message me if you want it but don’t expect a bargain

hopefiendboy

@scunny ive got a set of Ohlins RFX36 29 in 140mm travel im going to advertise for sale. VGC- barely used.

didnthurt

Banana Optics glasses arrived today. Seem very good quality, came with the pink lenses fitted and I swapped them for the clear ones. Lenses changed easily. So you get the glasses with three sets lenses (clear, dark and pink), a hardcase that houses everything, a fabric glasses cover and an alternative nose pad piece.

Wife thinks they look silly, and I’d not wear them off the bike, but they look decent and fit well with a helmet.

jkomo
    mlltt

Anyone seen any good deals on inner gear cables lately?

spannermonkey

Biketart – Shimano Optislick gear inner at £4.95 down from £11.99

Shimano Spares Optislick Coated Gear Inner 1.2mm x 2100mm

bikerevivesheffield

Get die drawn stainless 1.1mm rather than coated ones

slackboy

Tredz have gear cables on offer:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/bike-gear-cables

tweeky
    Free Member

Shimano stainless inners from rockthreegozy on the Classified ads here may have some left. Have been great for me.

welshfarmer

any deals on decent 12 speed chains about? The XT ones at Merlin are too short. need 118 links min.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I just bought a couple of XTR from centini at £40 each. Pence per mile, that’s about as cheap as Shimano chains get.

https://www.certini.co.uk/components/gears-drivetrain/shimano-xtr-cn-m9100-chain-with-quick-link–12-speed–126l-sil-tec__58407

dyna-ti

I hope im not the only one hoping some other large bikey conglomerate goes to the wall.

I’m getting bargain withdrawal symptoms

slackboy

any deals on decent 12 speed chains about? The XT ones at Merlin are too short. need 118 links min.

No, but fairlight cycles eBay store has full 12 speed xt groupsets (including brakes) for £475, which is just rude.

paddy0091
    Free Member
    dirkpitt74

Felt Broam 60 Claris Gravel Bike – Boxed – £475

From Merlin – plus £19.99 postage…..

Seems like a bargain for the price – internal routing, carbon fork, can always replace the drivetrain with 1x when the 2×8 Claris wears out…….

Houns

Decent chunk off DT Swiss wheels on SP

goldfish24

100% gloves e.g. Brisker £11

good shout. But we’re leaving brisker season now, anyone recommend any 100% gloves for spring/summer? I’m struggling to navigate the huge range.

kimbers

loads of alpinestars stuff on sportspursuit

gloves from £4,  shorts from a tenner

https://www.sportpursuit.com/products?bid=710&src_search=Alpinestars

munkyboy
    Free Member

Is that sport pursuit thing a scam? Looks too good to be true.

(Bit wary after being nearly caught out by the jellycat identikit website for my niece)

BadlyWiredDog

Is that sport pursuit thing a scam? Looks too good to be true.

No, it’s a well-established, excess stock sell-off site. I’ve used it loads, often has brands like Osprey, Rapha, Rab, Castelli, Mavic etc. Customer Service was great when a pair of Mavic Shoes I’d bought there broke. Brands basically use it to clear out end of season surplus stock with minimal hassle, usually at about 50-60% of full RRP.

Hedgehopper

Yes Sport Pursuit is legit used them many times with no problems. They’ve got some DT wheels on the site at present. Be aware of the delivery dates though, often it can be in several weeks times (e.g.. some of those wheels have delivery date 28/05/24)

el_boufador

Yeah I’ve used sportspursuit in the past – all fine. Just be aware the lead times for delivery can often be quite long. However the delivery time they quote has been accurate in my experience

johnnystorm

Not sure it counts as a scam but a number of the brands on Sportpursuit are owned by them and only sold by them so the discounts need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Alpinestars and the like of course are a different matter.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Sports Pursuit is 100% legit, used it for years with prices largely unmatched by anywhere else. Not sure what brands they own though, but they sometimes have some weird items/brands.

The descriptions for the DT wheels are a bit odd. Just double check they are definitely a PAIR as the weights is for a single wheel…

StuF

On SP, just check elsewhere as I’ve often found stuff cheaper on other sites, especially once delivery is taken into account.

But never had a problem and their Rivelo cycling kit is good

infovore

SportPursuit: totally legit, but yeah, you have to know what you’re getting into. Primarily: what they are doing is selling off overstock, eg, stuff manufactuer’s can’t get rid of, or have surplus of. So it’s quite often “last season’s kit”, in the case of Big Brands.

Sometimes, you need to read the small print, eg: some of the Osprey packs that would normally come with a reservoir included came without a reservoir. Still a really good deal, but not the huge saving it might look like. (See particularly for equipment – those DT wheels are all individual, and some are QR, some boost, and it requires some careful eyeballs).

Delivery often takes a while, because it’s coming straight from the other company’s warehouse, rather than anything centralised.

Returns are not free, and so for things like shoes or cycling kit where fit can sometimes be… idiosyncratic… you can end up paying a bit of “SportPursuit Tax”.

The other thing they are doing is often reselling stuff from brands more common in Europe – yes, they have “own brands” but there also seems to be stuff that would be available in, say, German stores but not over here.

And as mentioned: a discount on SP is often, but not always, matched elsewhere. But there are good deals to be had. Just ask youself “do I like the item, or do I like the saving,” and don’t get sucked in. In general, I’ve gort some decent kit (Rapha, Osprey, Pearl Izumi) for very good prices.

Finally: SP works because it’s heavily metricised and marketed. You will get a lot of emails. It pays attention to everything you buy and everything you click on. That’s how they work. If you’re prone to marketing, switch off the emails…

Ewan
    Free Member

I don’t think they charge for returns – it’s just postage. I don’t think it’s legal to charge for returns is it?

Kamakazie

Just postage. Used to be able to claim the returns cost back from PayPal if bought through them but I think PayPal have stopped that.

infovore

Sorry, yes: it’s just postage. But if you’re used to free returns with things that may/may not fit, 3.50 to send it back is a pain, especially because with SP, the delay between order and delivery means you probably can’t replace the item.

anono

@tinas you have a pm

chakaping
    Free Member

On the subject of Sport Pursuit, I just had some nice Mizuno running shoes arrive – they have quite a good selection on there for £40-odd quid a pair.

Definitely a “not amazing enough for its own thread” PSA, but might be of interest to some.

baddddad
    Free Member
    irc

Aldi chain lube, various types down to £0.79p as are brake cleaner spray and a spray of something like WD40.  This sort of thing.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/tru-tension-cycle-dry-chain-lube/p/730071756402006

Not sure if it is branch specific but if you are in Aldi anyway worth a look.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.