Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 2,752 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • hardtailonly

Are there any discount offers on the (already heavily discounted) Five Ten shoes at Evans/ House of Fraser? (Seem to recall there was mention of a further 20% off code on one of them, a few pages back on this thread?)

fossy

Got to be my last order. 2 Ultegra 10 speed chains down to £13.99 each (need one for CX bike), UN300 bb for commuter £13.99 and a 2x dropper lever and cable for £1.99.

hardtailonly

11sp XT 11-46 cassette down to £43.99

Ta. 1 ordered, plus 2 x Brand X cassettes … that’s got the HT, gravel bike, and Mrs HTOs gravel bike covered for the next little while.

Rich_s

Ta. 10EXTRA still working as well. Grabbed a dropper lever and some grips too.

jkomo

The DHB soft shell is really nice. XL fits me perfectly at 5’9 and built like a Turkish wrestler. 2XL left.

a11y

Nukeproof Outland shorts now down to £15, XL and XXL remaining

Bargain at this price – I bought 3 pairs last week at £20 and thought I did well. Similar to the Blackline short but no zips on main front pockets is a pain.

cp
    reggiegasket
    Free Member

Merlin has Giro Radix MIPS for £40. Good light trail/commuting/gravel helmet.

https://www.merlincycles.com/giro-radix-mips-dirt-helmet-208536.html

a11y

The DHB soft shell is really nice. XL fits me perfectly at 5’9 and built like a Turkish wrestler. 2XL left.

Link for STW kudos

Echo that, they’re brilliant. I find them quite warm but I generally run hot it seems. Although I’m 187cm (6’1.5ish), 89kg and find XL perfect for me.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Just got dehydrated the ‘order dispatched’ email for my order placed on 6th,though after reading the posts above re dhb sizing, i probably ordered stuff that will be too small…

weeksy

I wasn’t going to risk as CRC purchase, but i’ve been waiting 8 weeks for this to drop in price

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/leatt-body-protector-reaflex-stealth?color=black&sizeStandard=XXL

I was wanting some new armour for some UK stuff but also for Morzine later this year. But £300 is way too rich for my blood… £133 though, i’ll risk that on the Credit Card for protection.

Fingers crossed.

chakaping

Well I wasn’t gonna buy anything else, but I’ve now just ordered an R7000 cassette (thanks cp) and a DHB Merino top for £11.

dhb Men’s Merino Long Sleeve Zip Neck Base Layer (M_200) | Wiggle

Hopefully the same as the nice Nukeproof one I got for £22 the other day.

cp

Well I wasn’t gonna buy anything else, but I’ve now just ordered an R7000 cassette (thanks cp) and a DHB Merino top for £11

Haha, I did the same.  Those £22 quid NP ones are really nice and I’m hoping the DHB one is a very similar fit/fabric/feel as the Nukeproof ones.

weeksy

Ah FFS, order cancelled, 9 mins after placing it…

I’m not getting that armour after all.

nwgiles

I wasn’t going to risk as CRC purchase, but i’ve been waiting 8 weeks for this to drop in price

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/leatt-body-protector-reaflex-stealth?color=black&sizeStandard=XXL

I was wanting some new armour for some UK stuff but also for Morzine later this year. But £300 is way too rich for my blood… £133 though, i’ll risk that on the Credit Card for protection.

Fingers crossed.

and you beat me to it, sold out now

5lab
    Free Member

Are orders with codes working now?

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

I keep checking CRC to see if any alloy stays are gonna appear for the latest Mega, surely they had some stashed for warranty claims, they had almost everything else, swing links etc but only carbon chainstays for £50 added so far, they had plenty of both stays for previous models going back to 2016.

mashr

noeffsgiven
    Free Member
    I keep checking CRC to see if any alloy stays are gonna appear for the latest Mega, surely they had some stashed for warranty claims, they had almost everything else, swing links etc but only carbon chainstays for £50 added so far, they had plenty of both stays for previous models going back to 2016.

That sort of purchase has Tri_Sports_Resort (Wiggle ebay shop) written all over it. Save a search and get Ebay to tell you if any come up

dave_h

I bought a set of the Lyriks last night, £214 with the 10EXTRA code.  Decided to pay £5.99 for ‘Next Day’ delivery to try to rush them through and avoid having the order cancelled.

They’re out for delivery today with Parcel Force.  Some of the old Chain Reaction Cycles magic still lives on!

cp

Just seen this update from CRC on Facebook.

Screenshot_20240312-113513

a11y

Can’t see the screenshot but assume it’s this text:

Hi folks, we’re working hard to get your latest orders to you as quickly as we can.
    We have a smaller Operations and Customer Support team than before to get your orders out as soon as possible and really appreciate your patience.

Our Customer Service teams are really busy supporting you and we recognise that lead times for responses are a lot longer than we typically like so please reach out to us on chat during the week for emergencies as we won’t be able to respond to all emails.

We kindly ask to only send delivery queries if you have not received your confirmation of order. We will fulfil all orders placed on the websites. Sending us duplicate emails only increases our work to get through and further delays responses.

As always we are here for you albeit in different circumstances than we’ve encountered before.

We thank you for supporting us.

z1ppy

Race Co in Halesowen, have* a single (XXL) S6 2022 Specialized Levo going for £3250

* on FB last night, so may have gone already

gotbike
    Free Member

Thank you to both the recent Shimano cassette deals. Order now processing and they both seem to have sold out.

blastit
    Free Member

Caved in and ordered those Lyriks and a 170mm brand x dropper next day delivery £272 . No immediate plans for them but too good to miss.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Fingers crossed my Lyriks turn up   I had to cave at £210  means Ive spares when my set goes away from servicing .

dave_h

As always we are here for you albeit in different circumstances than we’ve encountered before.

We thank you for supporting us.

We should probably get a collective fund to deliver them a range of cakes and donuts as a thank you for working hard in difficult times to provide us all a long lasting stock of large and small bike parts as well as a whole new wardrobe clothing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

We should probably get a collective fund to deliver them a range of cakes and donuts as a thank you for working hard in difficult times to provide us all a long lasting stock of large and small bike parts as well as a whole new wardrobe clothing.

Get deliveroo to drop off some ironic bags of haribo?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there any way of getting an alert if prices drop?

I’ve still got a few things in my basket that aren’t quite reduced enough to be PSA worthy, and I don’t really need so they’d irritate me more if I bough them now and the price dropped than it would if they just sold out at the current price.

a11y

Not that I’m aware of (althought I expect someone smarter than me will have some solution).

There’s plenty of things I’ve bought over the past couple of weeks that’ve since been reduced even further, but such is life. I’m still more than happy with what I paid for them. I’d be happier still if CRC/Wiggle weren’t in this situation and would continue to exist though.

ceept

I think bing (search engine) does some kind of price monitoring stuff, I’ve never used it before though.

pjm60
    Free Member

It’s relatively straightforward to write a web scraper in Python to check for you, I did to sort by discount – ChatGPT could probably do it for you

Houns

Alpkit/Sonder have a sale on

alric
    Free Member

lots of Patagonia gear on sale here

breninbeener

As above…anyone who is in the market for a £220 bumbag reduced to £154 will be delighted at the pricing

thenorthwind

DHB Merino top for £11.

dhb Men’s Merino Long Sleeve Zip Neck Base Layer (M_200) | Wiggle

Thanks for pointing that out. I’ve got a couple already and they’re really good, so bought another. Still a bargain at £22.

Sightly thicker Fohn ones here at the same price  DHB Merino top for £11.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/fohn-mens-merino-long-sleeve-zip-base-layer-250

jamiebkc

ChatGPT could probably do it for you

I tried this with no success, but I’m not au fait with python.

jamiebkc

Wow, there were six small mega 275’s in stock at midnight last night, all gone this morning. If anyone got one and has buyers remorse, I have ditherers remorse!

DT78
    Free Member

what are those brandx droppers like ?  I have a scott scale that I think has a 31.6 post I’m debating putting one on

how hard it is to route internally?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 2,752 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.