Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,752 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • nuke

I hear you wzzzz but you just bumped it which made me look at it again…and you didn’t even bump it to highlight a discount! 🙄

riddoch

according to the in stock filter there is still 2018 items left. 

Still holding out for the lyrics to be discounted further from 60%

dave_h

Ha ha.  I’m the same.  I don’t really need them but if they were just a tad cheaper…..

grahamt1980

I gave up on waiting for the lyrics to drop more and got a set of cane creek helm mk2 on ebay for cheap.
    Just couldn’t be bothered to wait in the chance it might drop enough

mashr

Bike is out for delivery, exactly one week after ordering so happy with that. Unfortunately it’s with Parcelforce so expecting it to just be chucked out the back of the lorry as they drive past

ogden
    Free Member

New CRC code has the same issue as the Wiggle one….. order on hold and with IT.

paul_m

I placed an order on the 4th that was stuck in processing, then on the 9th got an email saying shipped and it turn up on the 10th – Now have enough coats to last me for a few years.  I have an order from the 5th that is still in processing and one from yesterday that is just saying placed.  The first two were placed using the EXTRA10 code and the one yesterday had 10EXTRA on it.

Will wait and see what turns up.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I got hold of a set of the Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate 27.5 and considering selling them, if anyone’s interested?

The forks I already have aren’t that old, so feel wrong replacing them for the sake of it

luv2ride
    Free Member

I placed an order on the 4th that was stuck in processing, then on the 9th got an email saying shipped and it turn up on the 10th

Sounds promising, as ive got a CRC order showing as “processing” since the 6th March, and was hoping it might have updated to show as “dispatched” today, but hasnt so far.. I dont think i used the code…

Was going to order some wheels but now not so sure!

ogden
    Free Member

Heads up… Chat does work on both CRC and Wiggle but you have to go to the help page first, clicking it on the home page says it’s unavailable.

goldfish24

Unfortunately it’s with Parcelforce so expecting it to just be chucked out the back of the lorry as they drive past

our parcelforce man was round two days on the trot last week with 2 (kids) bikes. Was decent. On his second visit he said he’d delivered 4 bikes since he last saw me!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Given the demise seems imminent, how long would folk leave it before chasing up a parcel that Hermes aren’t delivering? They’ve had it since Tuesday and every day I get a message saying “sorry, this parcel is too big and we’re passing it to a special courier” but it’s a cassette. The same Hermes driver that’s allocated to take it has dropped off something else in the meantime. Today they’ve not even said they’re sending it out for delivery.

Given CRC might not exist in a fortnight, a week or even a couple of days I’m a little wary about it – normally I’d not chase after a week but I’d like to do something before the wheels come off.

b33k34

It’s weird.

CRC order placed on the 7th was delivered yesterday.

Wiggle order placed on 4th is still ‘processing’.

Returns are now £7.50 fixed fee, no option I can see to use your own postal service.  (actually think this makes sense – theres a cost (and eco impact) of companies processing returns, they should charge and discourage).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Speaking of returns, the ebay shop seems to be a bargain if you’re after a frame, but some other stuff seems more expensive than the shop!

Wonder how long the clearance will go on for, they must be reaching the end of stuff worth discounting.

dave_h

I had an email today about an order I placed on the 4th, saying an item is now out of stock.  Presumably it’s now moved from the order well to being picked so will hopefully be shipped today.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Weird. Returns are still £2.99 for me. Patiently waiting to see if the truing stand drops more

a11y

Chat does work on both CRC and Wiggle

I’ve just finished using Wiggle chat. Took a few attempts to get into the chat queue and when it did I was 20th in the queue – I suspect that’s the max number they can have waiting. All good when I got through, so worth persevering. Clarified the order I placed 7th Mar is still at ‘order placed’ status due to an unknown issue (I suspect the EXTRA10 code being the problem…). Second order I placed on 8th Mar is still processing as normal with despatch expected in next few days – that’s typical timescales at the moment which is understandable.

ogden
    Free Member
    ogden

Free Member

Heads up… Chat does work on both CRC and Wiggle but you have to go to the help page first, clicking it on the home page says it’s unavailable.

And….. it is cancelled!

borosilicate
    Free Member

@jonjones262 I’m interested, YHM

dyna-ti

I’d a project 2 fork i just got on ebay delivered by Hermes.

As per usual, i get up, make a coffee, stick on the tv and watch the news before going online, a quick scout about threads/sites before looking in emails. To find its been delivered and is sitting at the front door.

I’ve been up since 7am,parcel delivered at 12:14 and heard not a thing from the front door. no door knocker, nor bell or anything.

That company really is a shitshow

only1mikey

Placed 2 orders with Wiggle on the 7th March with the EXTRA10 code (after the 10am cut-off mentioned by @ogden on the chat). Was expecting them to be cancelled but changed to ‘order processing’ about an hour ago today when coincidentally I was just about to see via chat what the craic was. Have another order using the same code from the 8th so will see what happens to that as that’s still at ‘order placed’ status.

rwoofer
    Free Member

I notice that the two orders that were cancelled, have now been charged to my CC. Seems like things are not working properly at all.

zinger
    Free Member

Heads up – anything older than 28 days is no longer covered by warranty by wiggle/CR – found an issue with a not used maxis high roller i bought back in September – once I fitted onto a wheel yesterday i found ts got a big wobble in it

CR have just replied to say anything older that 28 days they wont do warranty on any more due to company being liquidation now

ogden
    Free Member

Placed 2 orders with Wiggle on the 7th March with the EXTRA10 code (after the 10am cut-off mentioned by  @ogdenon the chat). Was expecting them to be cancelled but changed to ‘order processing’ about an hour ago today when coincidentally I was just about to see via chat what the craic was. Have another order using the same code from the 8th so will see what happens to that as that’s still at ‘order placed’ status.

@only1mikey
    Given one fella on chat said to me last week they had 1-3 weeks left I didn’t wanna risk a stuck order either way. I’ve just reordered without the code and it is already processing.

nuke

My ‘expected to be cancelled order’ from the 7th has now flipped to processing…. I’d reordered most of the bits; im going to have a lot of cheap sunglasses & two rear mech alignment tools 😩

chakaping

found an issue with a not used maxis high roller i bought back in September – once I fitted onto a wheel yesterday i found ts got a big wobble in it

Bummer, Maxxis tyres are rotten for that eh.

Might be worth trying the UK importer, though CRC/Wiggle almost certainly sourced it from elsewhere.

zerocool

@munrobiker – I’d wait about 10 minutes as Evri are a bunch of morons and unless you have a great local van guy they make no effort to do anything (especially at depot or higher level).

ceept

I placed 2 orders on the 5th.

One shipped on Friday & they tried to deliver to my office at the weekend, hopefully they’ll retry in office hours.

The other is still processing, I just spoke to the chat support & they apologised for the backlog and expect it to ship by wednesday.

I’ve no complaints as I appreciate those who are left there are overwhelmed & getting a load of grief.

ogden
    Free Member

I appreciate those who are left there are overwhelmed & getting a load of grief.

Ready for Big Mike’s take over then.

dave_h

Now down to 70%.  Fox forks cheap too.

b33k34

@captaintomo

I didn’t actually go through the process – just got as far as this page

https://crc.egain.cloud/kb/CRC_EN/content/Prod-13298/How-do-I-return-an-item

dave_h

Nukeproof Mega 275 without shock S or XXL

£299

https://www.wiggle.com/p/nukeproof-mega-275-alloy-frame-no-shock

monkeyboyjc

Monkeyboyjc any info on the Komraid stuff, it looks really nice tbh. The only thing is I’m not really much of a KOM kind of a guy so…

No experience of them myself but I’ve only heard  good things. Closing down sale apparently, owner says Brexit is the main cause.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Reynolds carbon wheels (rim brake) with almost £1000 off rrp.  AR51s just went out of stock.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/reynolds-ar-29-carbon-wheelset

Reynolds tubs also available with the same 72% reduction.

XT BBs for a tenner.  (£9 with discount applied)

https://www.wiggle.com/p/shimano-xt-bb-mt800-hollowtech-ii-bsa-mtb-bottom-bracket

davros

One last CRC order.

Xt BB £10

DHB merino top £11

2 commuter tyres £14

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Codes were working earlier 10EXTRA / EXTRA10

£9.99

https://www.wiggle.com/p/shimano-xt-bb-mt800-hollowtech-ii-bsa-mtb-bottom-bracket

luv2ride
    Free Member

Oakley Jawbreaker prizm lenses £30 https://www.wiggle.com/p/oakley-eyewear-jawbreaker-replacement-lens-prizm-black
    Added a swim bouy for £5 and a Fohn packable day sack for a tenner…

bens
    Free Member

This Tacx Neo trainer has dropped to £521. Presumably £468 with the 10EXTRA code

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/b/tacx

If I didn’t already have a trainer that never gets used, I’d be tempted to buy a trainer that I’d probably never use.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Mt800 BB now sold out 

alric
    Free Member

looks like i have another mega-thanks for the headsup

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,752 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.