Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,752 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • jamesoz

molgrips
    Free Member
    There are stems for 50p

Cryptic! 🙂

charlie.farley

IMG_3038

ogden
    Free Member

Just had my order cancelled despite everything being in stock….

frogstomp

XC whippety 29×2.25 Rekon Race in normal and EXO flavours for £14.99 and £17.99 respectively at Merlin. Discounts on other Maxxis tyres too..

ogden
    Free Member

Managed to get someone helpful on chat. Take with a pinch of salt I guess.

Why was my order cancelled?

Nick R 2:05 PM

It was due to a system issue on the discount code. The IT team are working on resolving that but i have no indication on when that may happen. If you still want them the only way is to order again without using the discount code. The system thinks the order is being underpaid and getting cancelled when the code is used.

Nick R

The code may still work at the check out but I see the Terms & Conditions it ended at 10:00 on 07/03/2024 so is no longer valid. It will have been an automated marketing email pre set, the T&C state promotions can be ended at any time without prior notice sorry.

How much longer will orders be fulfilled for ?

Nick R 2:09 PM

Until there is very little value of stock left in the warehouse. Could be 1 to 3 weeks.

Would refunds be issued if you stopped and I’d ordered?

Nick R 2:11 PM

Yes we wouldn’t take a payment and not fulfil the order and keep your money. They could be cancelled and refunded.

DT78
    Free Member

Finally broke and ordered a few bits of wiggle – sportsbar for the missus, dhb aeron shorts and a fjorn hiking pack for £30.  Hopefully the pack is not crap and it can be used for boy#1 when he starts doing proper expeditions with cubs / scouts

Also picked up some cheap kids endura stuff from sportspursuit

cookeaa

Just had my order cancelled despite everything being in stock….

I’ve had a message to tell me that one item out of several ordered has been dispatched from my latest order and I’ll be informed in due course when the others are dispatched…
    I think maybe the wheels are finally falling off. no worries I guess, it would be nice to get the bits I ordered but none of it leaves me in the lurch and the value wasn’t a huge amount…

rwoofer
    Free Member

@ogden one of my orders has just been cancelled with a message please contact us. I put the EXTRA10 code on so suspect any order that used that code is getting cancelled.

alan1977
    Free Member

the last e-sommet (medium) has just dropped to 3k….

not sure if that’s particularly good or not tbh

Saccades
    Free Member

Ordered a load of stuff yesterday and just got the “with evri” email.

I suspect just the 10% discount code?

nuke

Are these orders getting cancelled crc or wiggle?

Put an order in at midnight last night with wiggle using extra10… currently still ‘placed order’

johnnystorm

My cancelled order was via Wiggle with the code. Based on the post above I risked ordering again without the code.

sirromj

This one goes out to the haters of the tuned/turd t-shit:

£9 on sportspursuit thank me later!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I had an order cancelled too – had assumed it was due to something being out of stock but after reading this it is presumably due to using the code. Only put the order in after their promo email that mentioned extra10. Have re-ordered and hadnt read this thread so used the code again so that will likely be cancelled next week!  Wiggle+ delivery wasn’t available for second order.

kimbers
    dave_h

I had my order from last night cancelled.

There was nothing I particularly needed so hardship.

Everything still in stock so have re-ordered … with the code again!

breadcrumb

My order with the code turned up. Took a while to dispatch but was quick after that.

jkomo

Just had a dispatch note for stuff I don’t remember ordering that I might have reordered since but I don’t remember.
    Unfortunately it doesn’t contain the lifeline cadence and speed sensors I wanted (£7).
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/lifeline-speed-and-cadence-monitor

wordnumb
    Free Member

@matt_outandabout

Anyone got the Brand X wheelset? Thoughts please…

I bought the 26″ version, not had a chance to try them as yet. Out of the box the rear is dead on, might have to fine tune the front ever so slightly (but I’d expect to do that after a couple of rides with any wheel). Weight is less than I was expecting, accurate to what’s stated on the page. Seem very solid and well made, subtle branding apart from the hub. Hub is clicky, meh, but very easy to service. Takes a 6902 bearing. Spoke length is same as the stockpile I have from the last big sale, woohoo! Fully taped for tubeless.

I’m quietly impressed, as I have been with other Brand X stuff I’ve used. Given the market for 26″ wheels is somewhat wanting these days this wheelset is rather tidy. Other wheel size users have more choice but £40 a wheel is yes.

Tom83

Just had my crc order from the 3rd dispatched. Helmet for my wife, and some gels.

Hoping the remaining staff aren’t having too shite of a time. I got made redundant a few years back, and stayed on to empty the store/warehouse. Very surreal feeling.

whyterider93
    Free Member

Just got an email saying that the new 10% off code for CRC is 10EXTRA

ogden
    Free Member

Seems to be working the same way as Wiggle and not showing a discount total but deducting it from the full total…. but given it is a new code 10EXTRA and not EXTRA10 I’ve given it a shot again.

scotroutes

I was watching some bibtights  on both CRC and Wiggle and they’ve actually gone up in price by 20% this past week 😂

ogden
    Free Member

I was watching some bibtights on both CRC and Wiggle and they’ve actually gone up in price by 20% this past week 😂

Anything I’ve bought that hasn’t sold out has shot up in price! Bought a jersey for £12 and went back to see if there were any left and it’s £27

nuke

Stuck in limbo on an order now as havent had my order of the 7th cancelled given the use of the voucher code….thats still showing ‘Order placed’. Im guessing its going to be cancelled as I put an order in for 1 item that I know is low stock that I had in for first order and within a few minutes thats now ‘Order processing’. Dont know whether to put in for the other bits until my first order is officially cancelled. Minor issues relative to the staffs situation

Andy

I was watching some bibtights  on both CRC and Wiggle and they’ve actually gone up in price by 20% this past week

I think thats an automatic sales based algorithm in the new website, and they then have to over-ride it manually. Hence the reductions being done in waves once have caught up with dispatch.

Minor issues relative to the staffs situation

yes, very much this…

a11y

nukeFull Member
    Stuck in limbo on an order now as havent had my order of the 7th cancelled given the use of the voucher code….thats still showing ‘Order placed’. Im guessing its going to be cancelled as I put an order in for 1 item that I know is low stock that I had in for first order and within a few minutes thats now ‘Order processing’. Dont know whether to put in for the other bits until my first order is officially cancelled. Minor issues relative to the staffs situation

I’m in exactly the same position: placed order 7th March and added next day delivery (and used the EXTRA10 code) – that order’s not moved beyond ‘order placed’ status. I’ve just placed a second order for the same items minus a jacket that’s no longer in stock and that’s immediately gone to ‘order processing’. Mix of stuff I’d like to have, along with a seatpost I actually need, so keen to get something. Live chat is unsurprisingly not working at the moment so I’ve dropped them an email. Like you say, all minor relative to how shit a time the staff must be having and TBH I’m not fussed if I receive both orders as all consumables I’d use eventually.

mrmo
    Free Member

it just feels weird, wiggle/CRC have always been there and just feels like picking over a corpse.

jkomo

I’ve just looked at my spares box, I might have overdone it a bit.

Rich_s

it just feels weird, wiggle/CRC have always been there and just feels like picking over a corpse.

…and that’s why Mike Ashley bought the brands. Sentimentality/goodwill.

Both companies were LBS, family owned type affairs at one point.

Grew very well, got big, got sold. Presumably the family made a ton of cash. Business got loaded with debt. Moved to Wolverhampton. End.

I feel sorry for the staff, but the company isn’t what it was.

Anyone remember Mountain Tamers in Boston? Accounted for quite a bit of my student debt that place. Bar stewards 😁

jonnyboi

Nice set of prime deep carbon wheels  just arrived for £269 and code worked ok.

talking an ex employee seems like less than £4M in stock left at wiggle warehouse.

a11y

jkomo
    I’ve just looked at my spares box, I might have overdone it a bit.

Just a BOX? Amateur 🙂

scaredypants

ogden
    Free Member

Noticed my CRC order with the code is still at order placed and not processing just like my Wiggle one was…

monkeyboyjc

40% off everything at Komraid cycling clothing

https://komraid.com/

Closing40 is the code

snax

jonnyboiFull Member
    Nice set of prime deep carbon wheels  just arrived for £269 and code worked ok.

Which one’s did you go for?

Jordan

Anyone got the Brand X wheelset? Thoughts please…

I got two sets, 27.5 and 29  both look absolutely fine. No idea how much trashing they will take though.

kimbers

talking an ex employee seems like less than £4M in stock left at wiggle warehouse.

that’s a lot of vitus mech hangers and dhb jerseys in xxl!

jkomo

Monkeyboyjc any info on the Komraid stuff, it looks really nice tbh. The only thing is I’m not really much of a KOM kind of a guy so…

wzzzz
    Free Member

Everyday I check this thread.

And everyday I pray for my wallets sake it has died.

Today it was languishing on page 2.

I really hope this is the end.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,752 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.