Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 2,752 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
    rwoofer
    Free Member

Checked and my 148mm hubs fit in the Lifeline Truing stand.

zerocool

@breninbeener – the only thing that’ll be breathable in a lot of rain will be a softshell, but then it’ll eventually leak anyway in heavy rain.

bens
    Free Member

Orbea Rise H30 under £3k at MTB Monster if anyone wants one in medium or large.

lovewookie

Pauls cycles seem to be having a clearout.

Lots of £4k+ bikes for under £2k

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/mountain-bikes

desperatebicycle

Aw, for the first time in my CRC order history, I have an order stuck “Processing” for 2 days. It’s my lovely bargain wheel dish gauge, so maybe I’ll have to keep using the old homemade one :(

desperatebicycle

lovewookie
    Pauls cycles seem to be having a clearout.

Blimey – carbon Zesty with Fox 36 Factory etc for just over £2K… not bad at all!

monkeyboyjc

Aw, for the first time in my CRC order history, I have an order stuck “Processing” for 2 days. It’s my lovely bargain wheel dish gauge, so maybe I’ll have to keep using the old homemade one 🙁

I ordered some stuff on Sunday – only changed to dispatched last night….

a11y

Blimey – carbon Zesty with Fox 36 Factory etc for just over £2K… not bad at all!

Great deals on other Lapierres there too. I can’t remember seeing a Lapierre in the wild any time recently – was probably in France 6 years ago. They can’t be that bad given the prominance and success in EWS.

CRC/Wiggle – has anyone ordered using the paid-for next day delivery? Does that actually result in next day delivery and bypassing the delay in processing/despatch at the moment?

hooli

I don’t know a lot about eebs but this looks good value if you are an XL? Bosch motor but fairly basic components.

https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/mondraker-chaser-29-2023-electric-bike?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Mrapv3hhAMVTpmDBx2-vAhlEAQYASABEgLfkfD_BwE#187=4617

chakaping

I don’t know a lot about eebs but this looks good value if you are an XL? Bosch motor but fairly basic components.

I was close to buying one when they had all the sizes, even went to look at it in the shop.

Turns out that seatpost insertion is too limited for my needs, but other than that it would have made a great upgrade platform. It’s basically the same as the Crafty aluminium model but with lower rent bits. Has a v good wheelset though.

Oh, and the charge port is in a terrible location and poorly sealed. People buy aftermarket replacement covers.

jhinwxm
    Free Member
    cleetonator

CRC/Wiggle – has anyone ordered using the paid-for next day delivery? Does that actually result in next day delivery and bypassing the delay in processing/despatch at the moment?

I did, ordered yesterday and out for delivery now, parcelfarce. Considering the cost of the order I didn’t feel 1% was a significant amount to spend to hopefully avoid dispatch delays.

riddoch

My wiggle+ is still working for next day delivery. Conversely the order I placed after 6 on Friday is due to be delivered today

a11y

Who had the Oakleys from Wiggle/CRC for £10?

It was me!*

@cleetonator
    , @riddoch, thanks. I’d had Wiggle+ for years but it expired on 27th Dec and Wiggle were understandably not offering it to renew/buy again. TBF I got exceptional value out of the next-day delivery part of that for years.

* in my dreams…

a11y

50% off SeaSucker Hornet rack, £168.99 – still expensive for what they are, but the reduced price is more inline with the generic copy designs.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Code EXTRA10 is working again on https://www.wiggle.com/

charlie.farley

I was watching those Oakleys in my basket but when they dropped to £10 I missed out at the checkout

I’m hoping the staff are hoovering up those bargains on their way out

ogden
    Free Member

@STEVENK4563  You sure? not working for me. It accepts the code but doesn’t take anything off.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

@ogden Worked on an order of Nukeproof shorts for me and just tried it on a vitus bike and it still worked

purple_moose
    Free Member

Works on Wiggle but not CRC

ogden
    Free Member
    5lab
    Free Member

i got a set of the doyennes at £270, and they seem good for the money. Come with valves, rim tape, carbon brake pads and skewers, seem well made, not super-deep. only downside is one of my caliper bolts threaded as I losened the brake cable off (must have been mangled by the previous owner) to get the wider rim into the brakes, so I now need a new front caliper too

ogden
    Free Member

@5lab I paid £365 about 6 months ago and was dead happy at that price tbh. Never seen them go lower than £350 prior to Wiggle Admin sale. Spares are also going cheap so may be worth grabbing if you buy them.

el_boufador

It’s just let me order 3x Oakleys at £9 each with the code.

a11y

Pffft, stick yer Oakleys – these are only £3 😀

Oakleys @ £10 aren’t even showing in a search on Chiggle for me now (showed as OOS earlier).

chestrockwell

Year, some huge discounts tbf, getting in to CRC Vitus territory there! Any feed back on the more XC end of their MTB’s?

velocipede
    Free Member

Just ordered some Zipp road bars from Wiggle at £7.99/pr and a BrandX 150mm dropper for £50 – well happy!

lovewookie

Any feed back on the more XC end of their MTB’s?

Ill be taking delivery of a xr tomorrow,….

charlie.farley

bigginge

Merlin have some fairly hefty discounts on some their ibis stock now.

https://www.merlincycles.com/mountain-bikes-75266/?brand=ibis

chestrockwell

Ill be taking delivery of a xr tomorrow,….

let us know what you think as I’m seriously considering one. Thinking front end might be a bit low though?

minus
    Free Member

I looked at a downcountry lapierre when they were cheap on evans. I was put off by lack of reviews other than one by Pinkbike that was less than complimentary about the suspension!

Rich_s
    rwoofer
    Free Member

Just did two wiggle orders and noticed that the EXTRA10 worked in the basket, but the actual orders did not have the 10% off. Bit annoyed at that and will probably cancel one of the orders at least, because I was too weak willed anyway.

lovewookie

The xr sounds ideal for my preferred riding. Something relatively limited and xc, akin to a supercaliber.

I was looking at the rapide, but although the kit may not be quite the same, the reviews suggest the lapierre.something id get on better with, as the rapide is a bit too active.

Plus i could always run it 120 up front like the xrm.

ogden
    Free Member

@rwoofer Have a double check. When I used the code the total reduced but it didn’t show up a total discount like it would usually. When I paid, I paid the reduced amount and this shows on my bank statement but the invoice shows the full amount and not the discount.

dave_h

When I paid, I paid the reduced amount and this shows on my bank statement but the invoice shows the full amount and not the discount

I just had exactly the same on my order this evening.

molgrips
    Free Member

There are stems for 50p!

matt_outandabout

Anyone got the Brand X wheelset? Thoughts please…

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 2,752 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.