Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 2,754 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • nickjb
    Free Member

My wheels were just in the Hope box with a parcelforce sticker so they travelled together but separately

Came with a valve and a roll of rim tape, which was nice

Fueled
    Free Member

I think snotrag won this thread

alan1977
    Free Member

yer I’m not sure I want any association with Snotrag

dufresneorama
    Free Member

My current osprey aether ag 70 is too large for me, stupidly bought the wrong back length, so was looking for a suitably sized replacement, but couldn’t afford one.

Whilst having a nosey on wiggle the other day noticed an Osprey Aether plus 60 s/m for £67.99. Think I can live with 10ish Litres less volume.

Meant to arrive tomorrow.

jamiebkc

Most of my stuff has shipped, couple still pending and one half of a hope FIVE20 wheelset refunded.

Jamz
    Free Member

those wheels came in completely seperate shipments, with notifications hours apart despite being one order. I did get in a bit of tizz thinking I was gonna end up with a front and not a rear…. Dont panic just yet.

I currently have a front but not a rear of the more expensive SW version. The rear has apparently been shipped separately but has not arrived yet…  It’s only gonna cost me ~900 quid to buy a rear if the wiggle one doesn’t show up. Currently contemplating which child to sacrifice to the Parcelforce gods… #firstworldproblems

5lab
    Free Member

crc now have some 50mm deep section carbon (rim brake) wheels for £270 a pair, £50 less than last night. Took a punt.

They also have at least 30 26″ dj wheelsets in stock at £200 a pop. I can’t imagine they’ll get that much for them, so look forwards to them plummeting in price soon

grahamt1980

Bit of a random one, but wiggle have thermal fleece blankets that zip into a contained bag for £5 each.
    Seem worth it for camping

alan1977
    Free Member

was looking at these the other day, nice things just to chuck on the sofa

chakaping

Nice one Snotrag – they look lovely.

My Hope Pro5/Fortus 26 is here and has the correct freehub.

No rim tape, but it seems churlish to grumble eh? :D

Onzadog
    Free Member

Was quite keen on the chasing and facing kit for bsa bottom brackets. Down from £300 to £100. Then I noticed the cutters were brass rather than steel.

alan1977
    Free Member

you sure onza? they should be some sintered cutting material, you aren’t cutting anything with a brass cutting face

Onzadog
    Free Member

No, I’m not sure, I was just going off what was said in the comments. Like you say, brass really doesn’t make sense but they didn’t seem to be hardened steel.

flyingmonkeycorps

Well parcel number one (a pair of Endura Humvee zip-off trousers) arrived today. They’ll be getting worn on the commute tomorrow.

No dispatch note on the big one yet so we’ll see…

borosilicate
    Free Member

TiN coating is pretty common on cutting tools and would explain the brass colour.

joebristol

Apparently my Hope Fortus back wheel for £62 arrived today (wife moaned I’ve bought a new wheel) – when I get home from work I’ll see if it’s right.

I only want the pro 5 hub with microspline freehub out of it as I have a new ex511 rim to build onto it. Will attempt to sell the Fortus 27.5” rim on eBay that I don’t need.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, agree that TiN would explain it but the other worry is that apparently the instructions say they are for thread cleaning only and not to be used for thread cutting.
    I’d take a punt if I could return it.
    It’s also not something I need to have, just a nice workshop item.

v7fmp

@snotrag – that is the bargain of the century. If you dont want them, i will give you double what you paid :)

didnthurt

Am I the only one that can’t see any real bargains on Chiggle?

Maybe being a medium in clothes and a size 9 in shoes doesn’t help.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

A lot of the prices have gone up again. Suspect there will be waves of discounting, maybe to let dispatch catch up

nixie

Grx810 bits arrived today and to my surprise is retail boxed. Rh shifter with caliper and Lh shifter for £100! Quite happy with that. Just need to work out if the single shifter comes prefilled with brake fluid like the sets do. My other orders are all still processing.

Rich_s

There’s probably an account manager of a cardboard company absolutely creaming themselves over the amount of boxes being ordered.

Cash up front though, eh?

grahamt1980

Got a troy lee d4 in my basket hoping that the price will drop to £100 again

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

My Hope rear wheel arrived too. Was going to fit it to my (mullet) ebike, but it’s got an alu HG freehub with 104 POE. That’s not going to last long with the cheap 10 speed cassette I was planning to use (no carrier).

Anyone have a steel ebike HG or microspline freehub they want to swap??

purple_moose
    Free Member

I’ve put through 5 orders so far, two Monday, three yesterday only one despatched so far

finbar
    Free Member

Anyone have a steel ebike HG or microspline freehub they want to swap??

If my wheel arrives (not dispatched yet) I’ll have an XD freehub I’d swap for a HG one, if that’s any use?

ogden
    Free Member

Anyone with spare hg freehubs or wheels drop me a DM :)

rudedog
    Free Member

Will be good when this thread goes back to people posting actual deals rather than updates on orders they have made or stuff they missed out on.

molgrips
    Free Member

DHB helmets for a tenner – they look quite nice although not MIPS.

Just bought the Aeron super light roadie waterproof and a Nukeproof MTB one for £84 together. The roadie one had been out of stock for ages but is now back in.

niel11
    Free Member

Well I don’t think Wiggle and Chain reaction will be around forich longer, there isn’t really much left.

If they did another big discount I think it would be gone in a matter of days.

nuke

Important one for those with Vitus/Nukeproof bikes and frames is that small parts like shock bolts etc look like they are now all down to 99p or so….this might be the last chance to grab some spares!

grahamt1980

@nuke

Thank you so much for that one

oldfart

@niel11 3212 items left according to CRC just now 🤔

jamiebkc

Spotted in the small parts:

https://www.wiggle.com/p/vitus-vitesse-evo-disc-front-axle

QR 12mm x 100 through axle 99p

godzilla
    Free Member

Some great deals on Nukeproof mega & Giga, very tempted.

dropoff

Cheers @nuke Been waiting for that.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Winstanleys have 50% off all Kona Process.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Crazy deals on giga/ mega. Almost worth it for the build kits alone. But no warranty and all spare parts being hoovered up for a pound.

jkomo

Leatt 3df 5 knee pads arrived, I think they were £30. I was hoping they’d replace my knackered Kyle Straits. The Leatt are really thin, and if I punch my knee, I can feel it. I need something more baseball bat proof. Disappointed.

faz71

Have been keeping an eye on the Nukeproof 2.5l waterproof jackets. They were £90 down from £150 for ages then yesterday they went to £60 so ordered. Now they are £45!, red and grey all sizes – bargain at that price.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/nukeproof-blackline-mens-2-5l-packable-cycling-jacket?color=grey&sizeStandard=M

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 2,754 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.